Will the Bills dress 3 QBs against the Colts?

But the most likely result of the change to 46 active players on Sundays may just be that teams will add another active player at another position and keep two quarterbacks active on Sundays. For most teams, having extra depth at another position will be more useful than the ability to insert the third quarterback into the game whenever they please.

Not meaning to be cute, but - ASIDE from the lucky shot - does Indy really have anyone that is going to overpower the O-Line enough that this is going to be a real problem? We're not talking J.J. Watt, or, you know, the Bills. The odds of Taylor making it through the game in one piece are actually pretty good here.

Going up against Luck, I'd just as soon make sure the Bills have an extra LB, safety or CB.

Tyrod does a lot of running, right? So he may actually run around our line to the point where a defender has a shot at him. Agreed that as in any game he's got a good shot at making it through uninjured, but figured since we are talking about hypotheticals I should point out the obvious.

Again, I thought the #3 guy dresses but only plays in an emergency.

Are you listening to the Dean's story? That rule changed in 2011.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/22/nfl-drops-third-quarterback-rule-46-active-players-on-game-day/

Geez, that's a great question! What if the Bills are down three TDs at halftime and Taylor's out of the game with an injury at the end of the first half? I don't think there's anyone here (EJ haters included) who'd want Rex to send in Cassel over Manuel in that scenario. You have to have a QB that can throw the ball deep to even have a shot at pulling off the win in the second half.

I (jokingly) asked Yolo to start a poll asking this topic.

I can see dressing 2 QB's. My question was who would be the starter the following week? MC or EJ?

According to everything I have read today, TT starts and Cassel is #2. Makes a bit of sense to me.

The real tough question (which I doubt Rex would answer) is, if TT is unavailable for a period of time, who would get the starting nod. My believe, and my hope, is it would be EJ.

IMO, Cassel simply makes a safer, and more practical, gameday #2.

that ^

Tyrod does a lot of running, right? So he may actually run around our line to the point where a defender has a shot at him. Agreed that as in any game he's got a good shot at making it through uninjured, but figured since we are talking about hypotheticals I should point out the obvious.

That is why I prefer a QB who can run vs a scrambling QB. If I am not mistaken - Once a QB starts to run, the China Doll QB rules are no longer in effect except when they slide.

Geez, that's a great question! What if the Bills are down three TDs at halftime and Taylor's out of the game with an injury at the end of the first half? I don't think there's anyone here (EJ haters included) who'd want Rex to send in Cassel over Manuel in that scenario. You have to have a QB that can throw the ball deep to even have a shot at pulling off the win in the second half.

Being able to throw deep wont do much good if the ball sails into hospitality tents or into the stands :P

I'm not gonna carry on about it, but the way they're doin' EJ is absolute garbage.

If TT has an extended injury, were gonna be stuck with Cassel.

Agreed. If they liked Cassel as their #2 guy, then why didn't they release EJ instead? Because he would have been picked up in a milli-second by another team, that's why. Garbage if you ask me. Rex did say, however, to not read into the QB depth chart too much at this time. Here's crossing my fingers to TT staying healthy. There may be riots if he goes down and Matt Cassel trots out onto the field.

DURING THE SUPER BOWL years i use to make some absurd bets with co workers ,, will bills ?..

rush for 250

pass for 400

sack 4 /over or under

interceptions over and under

blocked field goals and punts

offensive plays is a good one

penalties ,and a lot more ,,have some fun , when they're good it can get crazy!! lol,,,,,,,,,go bills !

Agreed. If they liked Cassel as their #2 guy, then why didn't they release EJ instead? Because he would have been picked up in a milli-second by another team, that's why. Garbage if you ask me. Rex did say, however, to not read into the QB depth chart too much at this time. Here's crossing my fingers to TT staying healthy. There may be riots if he goes down and Matt Cassel trots out onto the field.

Bills agreed to allow Cassel to be the #2 when he re-signed. If TT goes down, EJ comes in and Cassel is still the #2 :lol:

@JoeBuscaglia: EJ Manuel and Bryce Brown are among the inactives today for the #Bills

He couldn't wait to announce this!!

Dan Lavoie did a great breakdown of EJs preseason at Buffalo Rumblings. Great analysis. EJ still has a little more work to do.

Here's to hoping Tyrod don't receive the Malachi crunch!!

Edited by the skycap

He couldn't wait to announce this!!

Dan Lavoie did a great breakdown of EJs preseason at Buffalo Rumblings. Great analysis. EJ still has a little more work to do.

The difference is that EJ can get better. Cassel can't/won't.