Spygate to Deflategate-inside what split NE and NFL apart

YoloinOhio

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it, the muni market was rife with problems in the late 80s/early 90s (and corruption is definitely a form of cheating, at least in my opinion). Ernie A worked in that world for a half decade or so, and while he may have been entirely clean, that world wasn't. And he hasin fact been neck deep in almost all of Belichick's underhanded strategems for decades. Anyway, it does make me wonder. Not a big deal.

The abuse in municipals was because the market was illiquid and thus opaque allowing for wide spreads in the buying & selling activity.

Has any Pats assistant coach ever gone on to succeed anywhere else? Bill O'Brien's the only current head coach from the Belichick "tree." Jim Schwartz is the longest-tenured...but he was only under Belichick as a "research assistant" in Cleveland.

None that I can think of offhand. That was one of O'Leary's points/argument in his Spygate book--continual success despite a revolving door of no name coordinators who try their luck elsewhere and fail miserably. In one case (McDaniel), trying to cheat elsewhere, failing miserably and coming back "home".

None that I can think of offhand. That was one of O'Leary's points/argument in his Spygate book--continual success despite a revolving door of no name coordinators who try their luck elsewhere and fail miserably. In one case (McDaniel), trying to cheat elsewhere, failing miserably and coming back "home".

Nick Saban and Kirk Ferentz have done well for themselves, but they were assistants in Cleveland, not NE.

Players do get better, you know.

I know you always assume the worst about him, but honestly I don't know what your point is here. Are you accusing him of juicing? You do realize that most players from the Bills probably juice too, right (at least w/regard to HGH)? There's a reason the league and players never push the issue about testing for HGH.

Uh yeah. Because a number of other Pats** players juiced. Or do you believe all those miraculous recoveries from injury by players like Colvin and Bruschi came from protein shakes?

As for players getting better, haven't we already proven that's impossible? (see: EJ threads)

Edited by PromoTheRobot

What I want to know is WHAT will the NFL DO to STOP THEM FROM CONTINUING TO CHEAT?? ANYTHING?!!?

Nothing, I hope. Instead, let the rest of the league cheat against them. :pirate: Pump in crowd noise, !@#$ with the headsets, give every player a radio channel, steal the Pats footballs and over-inflate them, turn a blind eye to roughing calls. Hell, let wide receivers pepper spray the defensive backs for all I care, because !@#$ these guys.

What I want to know is WHAT will the NFL DO to STOP THEM FROM CONTINUING TO CHEAT?? ANYTHING?!!?

I'm with you - there's nothing that is going to happen. Just like a college program, by the time it catches up to them the coach and all the players will be retired. There might be an asterix but it won't matter - they won't take the superbowls away.

The sickening part is that throughout all the years they cheated, they were beating us two games per season. Had we just been able to split with them, it could have made those 8-8 teams 9-7 or 9-7 teams 10-6 and possibly in the playoffs 1 or 2 of those 15 years. That would have made this 15 year stretch a little more tolerable.

Last year when we had the snow out game, it really revealed how bad the Patriots cheating was. We REFUSED to play a neutral site game in their building due to "competitive reasons" and inconvenienced ourselves to go to Detroit.

And Matt Cassel had his best completion percentage and yards passing in NE...and has been pretty much mediocre since (one season with KC aside).

He's someone who made a great deal of money off the Pats' cheating.

Nick Saban and Kirk Ferentz have done well for themselves, but they were assistants in Cleveland, not NE.

As has Urban Meyer, who I think was with Belicheat at some point, but that's in college, where outside things like recruiting can be half the battle. In addition, Saban and his body of work in Miami is a good example in the other direction.

As has Urban Meyer, who I think was with Belicheat at some point, but that's in college, where outside things like recruiting can be half the battle. In addition, Saban and his body of work in Miami is a good example in the other direction.

Saban chalks up his failure in Miami to the Miami doctors' advice to steer clear of Brees. That looks like blame shifting, but honestly, it's the truth. If he had Brees, he likely would have succeeded in Miami. He didn't have a good qb.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/06/nick-saban-i-might-still-be-in-miami-if-they-let-me-sign-drew-brees/

Edited by dave mcbride

Saban chalks up his failure in Miami to the GM's decision to pull back from Brees. That looks like blame shifting, but honestly, it's the truth. If he had Brees, he likely would have succeeded in Miami. He didn't have a good qb.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/06/nick-saban-i-might-still-be-in-miami-if-they-let-me-sign-drew-brees/

Uhh, ok--give ME a Pro Bowl QB and I could probably get you to .500.....

Nothing, I hope. Instead, let the rest of the league cheat against them. :pirate: Pump in crowd noise, !@#$ with the headsets, give every player a radio channel, steal the Pats footballs and over-inflate them, turn a blind eye to roughing calls. Hell, let wide receivers pepper spray the defensive backs for all I care, because !@#$ these guys.

Pepper spray! Seriously funny schit right there! Lets get midieval on their ass.

TASERs anyone?

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

? More info please?

And Matt Cassel had his best completion percentage and yards passing in NE...and has been pretty much mediocre since (one season with KC aside).

He's someone who made a great deal of money off the Pats' cheating.

So when Cassel was good again in 2010 under Charlie Weiss as OC, was Weiss cheating?

? More info please?

McDaniel was caught filming opposing team's practice walk through a few years back and fined $50k when he was HC of the Broncos. The videographer, Steve Scarnechia, is also a former Pat* assistant and son of longtime Pat* OL coach Dante S. Edited by MattM