Dareus Signs Six Year Extension with Bills

26CornerBlitz

I'm getting sick of Doug Whaley, he can field an all pro Roster all he wants but until he nails the 20 million dollar QB question, what good is it. All these "great" receivers? What good are they without someone to get them the ball? A top four D? Awesome, as long as we can get more than 3 field goals a game.

So sue me for being cynical, and flame me all ya want. Anything less than a SB is a failed season.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, sorry if I seem cynical guys, don't all jump down my back at once! We all know he wants to be highest paid defensive player. Just make him second highest and he will be happy, no?

But you know Whaleys trying to get cute with him, like the FO has done so many times before...

Maybe its just me, but I think Whaley and the Bills FO are better qualified to negotiate this deal than you or me. The Bills will want to spend as little as possible, and Dareus will want as much as possible, but there is absolutely no reason to expect this will not get done. Engaging in actual negotiations is not "getting cute".

I'm getting sick of Doug Whaley, he can field an all pro Roster all he wants but until he nails the 20 million dollar QB question, what good is it. All these "great" receivers? What good are they without someone to get them the ball? A top four D? Awesome, as long as we can get more than 3 field goals a game.

So sue me for being cynical, and flame me all ya want. Anything less than a SB is a failed season.

This is soooooo easy to do. AmIrite?

anything less than a SB is a failure? Yikes man you are entitled to your expectations but don't you want to enjoy the season?

Whoa, sorry if I seem cynical guys, don't all jump down my back at once! We all know he wants to be highest paid defensive player. Just make him second highest and he will be happy, no?

But you know Whaleys trying to get cute with him, like the FO has done so many times before...

Translation: I'm going to start throwing out wild, baseless, emotionally-charged accusations, and when you guys call me on my bull ****, I'll act like you're the ones that are being unreasonable.

I'm confused.

You're sick of Whaley, but he's apparently built a roster that's good enough for you to expect a Superbowl this season?

you're really annoying.

gonna be ignoring lots of posters.. Tired of the ax grinding crap being spewed by some

Edited by Snorom

Let's see, got pretty cutsie with Matt Cassel in the last few days, bet if you were to sit down with him for a beer his story of the events would be a little different than his official media position.

Then, what was the report that they offered Darius a few weeks ago, 8-9 million? That's nowhere in the ballpark of what he wants, or what he's worth.

Your math is off. The report was $90 m over 6 years. I would bet that Overdorf knows that is a lowball. Its called negotiation.

Translation: I'm going to start throwing out wild, baseless, emotionally-charged accusations, and when you guys call me on my bull ****, I'll act like you're the ones that are being unreasonable.

Nailed it.

Sarcasm font?

We don't know if he has a QB or not. The guy has as many regular season starts as you and I. We are supposed to be mad that he has been acquiring top tier talent? Should they just stop adding guys until they are set at QB? Is that the plan and the best course of action? Don't get Harvin because you have no QB? Don't pay Hughes and Dareus because you don't have a QB? This is either the worst idea ever or we need the sarcasm font.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I was originally commenting on, basically just get r done type of comment in regards to Whaley signing Darius. I'm not trying to act like any of you guys are being unreasonable. I'm not trying to defend my position against ten of you highly reasonable posters. My fandom is of an emotional nature, not as scientific as most of you guys responding to me now.

With the events of the last few days, I have flashbacks of last year, losing to a 2-14 team while playoffs were on the line, in my view, because we had a QB playing for us, with one foot out the door and no loyalty to the Buffalo Bills or WNY whatsoever. And now the FO is putting us in a similar situation again, with Cassel.

It's why I say I'm getting tired of Whaleys shenanagins, why I just want them to get it done with Marcel. We're going to have to make him at least the second highest paid defensive player in the league to make him happy, so just do and lets get on with the season.

Glenn was not all that and a bag of chips last year. (To be fair, no one was) I think Roman wants to see if he gets pre-2014 Glenn or 2015 Glenn before signing off on the "pay him!" chit.

Call me crazy but I could see our starting tackles next year as Henderson and Kouandjio. They might be preparing to let Glenn walk.

Same M O as Gatorman over on PPP. :thumbdown:

Edited by Nanker

I was originally commenting on, basically just get r done type of comment in regards to Whaley signing Darius. I'm not trying to act like any of you guys are being unreasonable. I'm not trying to defend my position against ten of you highly reasonable posters. My fandom is of an emotional nature, not as scientific as most of you guys responding to me now.

With the events of the last few days, I have flashbacks of last year, losing to a 2-14 team while playoffs were on the line, in my view, because we had a QB playing for us, with one foot out the door and no loyalty to the Buffalo Bills or WNY whatsoever. And now the FO is putting us in a similar situation again, with Cassel.

It's why I say I'm getting tired of Whaleys shenanagins, why I just want them to get it done with Marcel. We're going to have to make him at least the second highest paid defensive player in the league to make him happy, so just do and lets get on with the season.

So we shouldn't have signed a vet back up QB because he has no loyalty to WNY (whatever that really means)?

At least we know what you'll complain about after Marcell's deal gets done. I'm amazed that some people can always find something to B word about...

Extend Dareus before the rest of the league notices how much he's worth.

the whole planet knows what he's worth.... On open market he will get Watt/ Suh money . With moves we just made to shed alot of cap, just give the guy the what he wants... He's the key to this D and also very young. More important to have him signed long term that rest of D

The Whaley-hater crowd has zero credibility, IMO. Sorry, bud.