Matt Cassel Update

BreezeMafia

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost a done deal. They're just waiting for approval from Mighty Taco's and Dunn Tire's ad execs.

I heard it was an Erie County referendum -- have to wait until November...

Do the Packers have to put every cut to a shareholder vote?

Edited by JoeF

Rouge-gate is still going on, I know this because I looked at my twitter feed for a Cassel update but was greeted with:

We get it everyone. It's over now though, let's all move on... :D:beer:

Also from Timmah:

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham 7h7 hours ago

Pro tip: If you don't think my sources are reliable, then don't follow or pay any attention. That's what I would do if I was me. God bless.

The problem with that, Tim, is when you're a journalist and other reporters/networks are picking up your quote and running with it unverified and unexplained, it's kind of hard to not pay attention. You can ruin someone's reputation, and all you have to say is "well then don't follow or pay attention"? Bush league, and I ain't talking about the former Presidents.

Also from Timmah:

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 7h7 hours ago

Pro tip: If you don't think my sources are reliable, then don't follow or pay any attention. That's what I would do if I was me. God bless.

The problem with that, Tim, is when you're a journalist and other reporters/networks are picking up your quote and running with it unverified and unexplained, it's kind of hard to not pay attention. You can ruin someone's reputation, and all you have to say is "well then don't follow or pay attention"? Bush league, and I ain't talking about the former Presidents.

I think it's cute that Tim Graham thinks he gives pro tips.

Hack.

Also from Timmah:

in my opinion Tim was used by someone in the organization who wanted to make Whalley look bad or who did not want any part of the blame for cutting Fred. Maybe Russ or a marketing guy got peeved because Fred worked with them a lot with advertisers.

in my opinion Tim was used by someone in the organization who wanted to make Whalley look bad or who did not want any part of the blame for cutting Fred. Maybe Russ or a marketing guy got peeved because Fred worked with them a lot with advertisers.

I now think what happened was what everyone reasonably expected

—We have too many RBs, and need cap space to re-sign Dareus, literally the centerpiece of the Defense and arguably the entire team

—Whaley does due diligence and checks with Rex, Roman, RB coach, Pegulas — the general opinion is Fred is obviously an asset in many ways, but agree that Karlos/Bryce provide solid depth

—Whaley's job is to weigh the relative values and make the best choice for the team's ability to win; he has to ultimately make the tough choice and makes it

—Tim Graham hears all of the above, then chooses inciting language as clickbait for attention

Also from Timmah:

He could not be more proud of himself if he tried.

i don't get it, whats timmay saying?

Tim is saying, he heard what he heard from a source---and reported it. So it isn't his fault. And if someone doesn't trust Tim's sources, they should ignore Tim's reports (good advice, actually).

Because instead of, you know, checking out a tip from a source, the way a real journalist might, Timmy went and tweeted slanderous information. But it wasn't, you know, his fault.

Tim is saying, he heard what he heard from a source---and reported it. So it isn't his fault. And if someone doesn't trust Tim's sources, they should ignore Tim's reports (good advice, actually).

Because instead of, you know, checking out a tip from a source, the way a real journalist might, Timmy went and tweeted slanderous information. But it wasn't, you know, his fault.

There's no time for digging anymore.

You just hope to get lucky and find treasure on the surface.