Bills cuts - round 2

YoloinOhio

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking the ground and pound has been way over stated. We are going to see more airing it out than people previously thought.

Spread them out and create space instead of bunching them up. Can still run a lot. Our edge guys are what's special, not our blockers.

I'm thinking the ground and pound has been way over stated. We are going to see more airing it out than people previously thought.

I wasn't overstated 5 months ago. The trouble? 5 months have passed, and much has changed. Some posters/media seem incapable of processing that information. The other problem: people think Roman is a great OC, yet, somehow, also think he is incapable of running every offense there is/was/will be, at the same time. :blink: Does anyone really think Roman couldn't run the K-Gun if he wanted?

It's like telling a DB designer he can only work in Oracle, because he's used it more often than MySQL or Mongodb. Ridiculous. A good DB designer is good because he's good at DB design, period. Just like you don't blame your tools for bad work, you don't credit them for good work.

This roster screams spread O, even West Coast looks. We'll run Karlos up the middle to be sure, but the thinking that this O would be a running monolith was never right, and I've been saying it since Roman arrived.

I wasn't overstated 5 months ago. The trouble? 5 months have passed, and much has changed. Some posters/media seem incapable of processing that information. The other problem: people think Roman is a great OC, yet, somehow, also think he is incapable of running every offense there is/was/will be, at the same time. :blink: Does anyone really think Roman couldn't run the K-Gun if he wanted?

It's like telling a DB designer he can only work in Oracle, because he's used it more often than MySQL or Mongodb. Ridiculous. A good DB designer is good because he's good at DB design, period. Just like you don't blame your tools for bad work, you don't credit them for good work.

This roster screams spread O, even West Coast looks. We'll run Karlos up the middle to be sure, but the thinking that this O would be a running monolith was never right, and I've been saying it since Roman arrived.

True

So it looks like the Bills cut Fred for Bryce gdamn Brown (Hitler called it). And how is Nick O'Leary still on this team? Hogan and 'quise still here, Deonte and Andre cut. Red Bryant gone, yet the Bills still have two open roster spots (??). On the plus side, my boy AJ Tarpley survived, so good for him. Weirdest cutdown I've ever seen from OBD.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

So it looks like the Bills cut Fred for Bryce gdamn Brown (Hitler called it). And how is Nick O'Leary still on this team. Hogan and 'quise still here, Deonte and Andre cut. Red Bryant gone, yet the Bills still have two open roster spots (??). On the plus side, my boy AJ Tarpley survived, so good for him. Weirdest cutdown I've ever seen from OBD.

its likely not the final roster

True

You know when I want to see ground and pound? When we're up by 3 scores against Indy, and it's time to make their D quit on the game. :) That's when I think the Richie the Bully will really shine. Re-watching the games, he hasn't just been solid, he's been a beast. So many times he's done with his man/has nobody to block, and he's gone over and destroyed the guy that Wood/Glenn was handling just fine, seemingly just out of spite. :lol:

I ain't saying we won't pound the rock. I am saying: that's not even close to the only thing we'll be doing.

Specifically, I believe we will see a slew of trick plays. Reverses, flea flickers, end arounds to Harvin from the slot. IMHO, this team is designed to make other teams quit in the 1st quarter: first series a defensive TD, then 3 and out, O does a big trick play for yds/TD, back to the D for a 3 and out, back to the O for a time-killing drive resulting a TD, next, D causes another turnover/big sack. 1st quarter ends with other team asking "What the hell was that?"

So it looks like the Bills cut Fred for Bryce gdamn Brown (Hitler called it). And how is Nick O'Leary still on this team? Hogan and 'quise still here, Deonte and Andre cut. Red Bryant gone, yet the Bills still have two open roster spots (??). On the plus side, my boy AJ Tarpley survived, so good for him. Weirdest cutdown I've ever seen from OBD.

I think it means Dealer Doug isn't finished yet