Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

Simplistic? It's a GM's job to make personnel moves. Fred is old, unproductive and the money is better spent securing contributors. These are facts.

Sorry you, and many others, think a rah-rah guy scores points (the way games are won), but they don't. Guys who produce do. Guys less than 34-years-old,

It's not simple. It's reality.

Like I said, overly simplistic. I got it the first time.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anonymous sources declare that Whaley "went rogue". We don't know the sources or if they are trustworthy and we don't know what "went rogue" specifically means. It sure sounds like a juicy tweet thought. Typical "reporting" in this day and age.

I'm pretty sure I know what rogue means...

rogue [rōg] adjective

The definition of rogue is something that is out of ordinary, or against the rules. To act independently.
Use rogue in a sentence...
An elephant that wanders away from the herd is rogue; a rogue elephant.
Whaley is an elephant.
Edited by jmc12290

The more I think about it the more this is an odd decision.

There has to be something deeper here. Guys get cut all the time without being bitter.

Then again, Fred is not infallible. He could simply be wrong to attack Whaley like that.

Maybe Fred had too much power in the locker room?

That's fine that he wants to play 3 more years. It shouldn't happen here unless he was going to take a pay cut to the vet minimum. Even then, why sign a guy for that much money when you can just pay younger guys less money to ride the bench.

This move has more to do with maximizing our cap space than Bryce Brown.

People need to move on. Welcome to professional sports. Good guys get cut.

I defended Whaley at first.

But this - and Fred's comments about Doug being dishonest - are making me rethink my position.

How so? As the GM, the player personnel 'buck' stops with Whaley.

If he made the call, then that's his perogative. And whatever TG is trying to infer (incite) from his 'rouge' comment is just bushwa....

Like I said, overly simplistic. I got it the first time.

Yes, because a conspiracy theory involve Bryce Brown is more plausible. Good one. Sorry you don't have the anti-EJ crusade to cling onto anymore. Keep going with the Bryce Brown conspiracy theory. Good one.

There has to be something deeper here. Guys get cut all the time without being bitter.

Then again, Fred is not infallible. He could simply be wrong to attack Whaley like that.

many times, they are bitter. It's normal. These things are usually not pretty. He will be on the WOF someday and it will subside.

Maybe he felt entitled to a roster spot and expected the Bills to blindly go along with his desires to play until he's 37.

I defended Whaley at first.

But this - and Fred's comments about Doug being dishonest - are making me rethink my position.

Oh common. Ever watch Hard Knocks when they're releasing a player and saying "you did everything we asked but it's just a numbers game. you should still pursue your dreams of being an NFL player because you have the talent. if there's anything we can do for you let us know." All lies!

What should they say to the young man? He kid, you weren't good enough and we doubt you'll make it on any team. It would be impossible for us to help you any further because we only tend to players still here.

Hey Fred - yes Whaley wasn't honest with you because the truth isn't the nicest thing to say. Instead he decided to be pleasant and tell you some untruths that if said help no one. Grow up Fred. Instead of being happy a bunch of bills fans signed a petition you should be saying don't do that it's not the best thing for the team or the city.

Edited by Triple Threat

@ByTimGraham: Bills organization will remain unified when speaking publicly, but two sources tell me Doug Whaley went rogue in cutting Fred Jackson.

The only way that this makes sense is if at the meeting where they(Rex,Whaley,coaches,Pegs) decide on the cuts, Fred was not one of the cuts that they decided upon....but then went and cut him anyway. That is going rogue.

Alternatively, Whaley, with the big picture in mind, held firm in the meeting and despite perhaps strong debate from several others it was decided that Fred should be one of the cuts. That is not going rogue.

Sometimes I think that members of the media don't actually use inflamatory and incorrect language on purpose....instead they are simply too ignorant and stupid to know the difference.

Maybe he felt entitled to a roster spot and expected the Bills to blindly go along with his desires to play until he's 37.

Could be.

Whaley is paid to stock the cupboards and Rex picks who he wants. I have no issue with him making tough calls. I don't agree with cuttibg Fred but it's not a crazy decision either.

Simplistic? It's a GM's job to make personnel moves. Fred is old, unproductive and the money is better spent securing contributors. These are facts.

Sorry you, and many others, think a rah-rah guy scores points (the way games are won), but they don't. Guys who produce do. Guys less than 34-years-old,

It's not simple. It's reality.

Serious question...do you watch the games?

Oh common. Ever watch Hard Knocks when they're releasing a player and saying "you did everything we asked but it's just a numbers game. you should still pursue your dreams of being an NFL player because you have the talent. if there's anything we can do for you let us know." All lies!

What should they say to the young man? He kid, you weren't good enough and we doubt you'll make it on any team. It would be impossible for us to help you any further because we only tend to players still here.

Hey Fred - yes Whaley wasn't honest with you because the truth isn't the nicest thing to say. Instead he decided to be pleasant and tell you some untruths that if said help no one. Grow up Fred. Instead of being happy a bunch of bills fans signed a petition you should be saying don't do that it's not the best thing for the team or the city.

Yeah Fred show some love and loyalty to that team! Or is it just a business? I'm so confused...