Edit: now confirmed rumor that Bills will release Cassel

eball

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when is it so bad to have a "boring" QB? As long as he leads the team to wins, who cares? I hope Taylor works out, but who do you want under center with the Bills going into the last 5 minutes with a 7 point lead. Unproven QB play(Manuel/Taylor) or Mr. Boring?

I'm sick of watching this team lose for the last 15 years. I don't care if the QB play is exciting, boring, or anything in between...as long as the QB play is good enough to generate WINS.

Since when is it so bad to have a "boring" QB? As long as he leads the team to wins, who cares? I hope Taylor works out, but who do you want under center with the Bills going into the last 5 minutes with a 7 point lead. Unproven QB play(Manuel/Taylor) or Mr. Boring?

I'm sick of watching this team lose for the last 15 years. I don't care if the QB play is exciting, boring, or anything in between...as long as the QB play is good enough to generate WINS.

The question is, do you get the hypothetical 7 point lead that you're asking about with Mr. Boring at the helm? All preseason signs point to no.

Can we please just make this confirmed, it's a miracle this guy lasted as long as he did whilst performing the way he did.

I will rejoice when Meh Cassel is cut. He's about as milquetoast a QB as you can get. All he needs is a beard and we could have called him Kyle Orton.

That's an insult to Orton.

The question is, do you get the hypothetical 7 point lead that you're asking about with Mr. Boring at the helm? All preseason signs point to no.

You are right. Without a running QB who has never started an NFL game in his professional career, throwing the ball 30 yards downfield play after play, there is no chance the Bills ever score any points this season.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Taylor succeeds, but just because he will be "exciting" to watch, doesn't mean that the Bills will win because of his play.

Can we please just make this confirmed, it's a miracle this guy lasted as long as he did whilst performing the way he did.

The Bills really have to wait until Friday to cut him, he will be the #2 in the event Simms does not finish the game Thursday...

You are right. Without a running QB who has never started an NFL game in his professional career, throwing the ball 30 yards downfield play after play, there is no chance the Bills ever score any points this season.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Taylor succeeds, but just because he will be "exciting" to watch, doesn't mean that the Bills will win because of his play.

And Ej just reminds me of Joe Pisarcik.

Going into this season we knew that the Bills weren't going to win because of any of the QB's play. We were looking for one that made plays here and there while not losing us the game.

They didn't win, so bad mistake on their part.

I couldn't resist, there was a trivia question amongst Giant fans prior to Super Bowl XXV (some of you may remember that game), that asked to name four NY Giant QBs that played in a Super Bowl. Pisarcik was one, the other three were Morton, Tarkington and Morrall.

Going into this season we knew that the Bills weren't going to win because of any of the QB's play. We were looking for one that made plays here and there while not losing us the game.

Taylor and Manuel can both stretch the D vertically. Taylor can also stretch it horizontally. like a lot of medium armed pocket passers, Cassel threatens no one.

I will rejoice when Meh Cassel is cut. He's about as milquetoast a QB as you can get. All he needs is a beard and we could have called him Kyle Orton.

Orton has had a better career than Cassel by a decent margin.

I really think this comparison (or lack thereof) has been a lot of the basis for the ill-informed Cassel-love, such as it has been. People just assume he's another Orton - he's not.

Orton > Cassel - the career stats are pretty clear on this. It would not have been a wash from last season.

Edited by BobChalmers

Orton has had a better career than Cassel by a decent margin.

I really think this comparison (or lack thereof) has been a lot of the basis for the ill-informed Cassel-love, such as it has been. People just assume he's another Orton - he's not.

Orton > Cassel - the career stats are pretty clear on this. It would not have been a wash from last season.

They're pretty close when it comes right down to it. Kyle Orton's 59.5% career completion percentage compared to Cassel's 59.0%. QB rating of 81.2 compared to 80.1. Orton was marginally better, but it's not like we're comparing Peyton Manning to Joe Flacco.

They're pretty close when it comes right down to it. Kyle Orton's 59.5% career completion percentage compared to Cassel's 59.0%. QB rating of 81.2 compared to 80.1. Orton was marginally better, but it's not like we're comparing Peyton Manning to Joe Flacco.

Are we talking regular season or postseason?