Whaley is an idiot for cutting Fred

FYI

Gutlessly, they won't discuss the WHY, citing "competitive" reasons. GUTLESS!!

Thanks for that Doug Whaley. We know it was a tough decision, we need to know WHY THE !@#$ YOU MADE IT!!!

were you hoping hed spend an hour discussing all the shortcomings he and the coaching staff decided made this the move?

no way. you keep it as positive as you can, even though its not a nice act.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No he's not. Everything Whaley does is great. At least according to the majority of the mouth breathers on this board. The fact that Nix was the GM when the bulk of the talent on this team was assembled doesn't matter to them. The talent Whaley brought in, he overpaid for (salary, or trade-wise).

This is a stupid move on many levels. I'm still holding on to the delusional hope that he somehow signs back here mid-season. Although from the way the almighty Whaley made it sound, that's not an option.

Whaley is not an idiot. He's made several good personnel decisions - especially on defense. This is about ego not stupidity. One thing is certain, the decision to cut Fred was not a football decision. By every measure, Fred brings more to the team than a stiff like Bryce Brown. It was not about age, either. Fred was the same age when they signed him a few months ago to an extension.

Whaley gets bull headed. He was determined to pick EJ. way ahead of where he was graded out because he "just knew something". He moved up to get Sammy against all conventional wisdom because "he just knew something". Bryce Brown was the same thought process.

EJ was a bad decision. Sammy...well, the jury is still out. He may become worth the pick, he may not...time will tell.

Bryce? Well, Whaley was not going to let his baby get cut for some old guy he never drafted. Bad choice, and for all the wrong reasons. Would be better if he just admitted he's won some, he's lost some, and go with the best player.

He lost out to Rex on Tyrod. He was not going to back down on Bryce. THAT is how I see it. You may not, and that's your prerogative.

so let me see if I get this....Whaley owns the EJ pick, spends a 1 on him, he is not forcing him to start, but his ego says Fred gets cut cause I spent a 4 on Byrce? I just want to follow the logic.

He is making a stand on a 4th, but not on a first? Do I have that correct?

Fred was done two years ago. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Yeah having the most first downs of anyone on the team last year, and having 1,000 all purpose yards was just downright awful. He should have done better. :rolleyes:

This is a pretty big mistake. The pros of him being here outweighed the cons. This will be a huge blow if the Pats pick him up and he starts week 2.

so let me see if I get this....Whaley owns the EJ pick, spends a 1 on him, he is not forcing him to start, but his ego says Fred gets cut cause I spent a 4 on Byrce? I just want to follow the logic.

That's what a select group of mouth-breathers would have you believe. Remarkable, isn't it?

And the 1st rounder just played his ass off on Saturday!

That's what a select group of mouth-breathers would have you believe. Remarkable, isn't it?

And now there's even a poll about it!

whaley wanted to cut fred back in march.

I say, russ wanted to wait so as to not upset the fan base and effect ticket sales.

Or maybe they legitimately wanted to give Fred a shot. You think Fred being cut in March, with all the team has done, would have effected ticket sales?

I love Fred but at the end of the day I'm still going to go to Bills games, I wouldn't boycott them because Fred isn't playing, especially with the roster that's been assembled.

Like this guy?

whaley wanted to cut fred back in march.

I say, russ wanted to wait so as to not upset the fan base and effect ticket sales.

This E

Or maybe just in case they suffer a rash of injuries at the position and need to keep him.

and not the "tweaks" that we saw, but actual things like tears and breaks. doing it at first cut is textbook for how you handle this decision, if its time to make it.

Reading an opinion you don't want to agree with his tough, and I understand it hurts feelings, but I honestly don't give a crap. I call it like I see it, and if that makes some people cry for their mommy to make me stop than so be it.

LOL, there are opinions and there are anal orifices making noise. Edited by PromoTheRobot

His handle isn't "logictivo"