Whaley is an idiot for cutting Fred

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious what people think Whaley could tell them that would make it "ok" for them? You want him to go through all the issues with Fred? You want them to dissect the guy? That doesn't make any sense. I mean, unless, you just want them to say something so you can pick it apart.

We all know the issues with Fred and most of us would love to have him on the team because of his work hard attitude. There's no point talking about how he's slowed down and the injury concerns. Let's just celebrate his career here and move on.

Edited by jeremy2020

PFT also asks about this issue somewhat,

"In meeting with the media, Whaley answered questions but said nothing, citing competitive reasons for not elaborating on the decision to move on from Jackson."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/31/fred-jackson-would-have-done-anything-to-retire-with-bills/

Of course he did. However the big problem is that if Fred isn't ready to retire, then what? The Bills are supposed to just keep him?

The struggle I think we are seeing is merely those that aren't convinced he wasn't still good enough to contribute. Nobody should believe this wasn't hard for the front office and ownership. He was the heart and soul of the team for nearly a decade. Of course that team was a perennial loser, which makes one wonder what that really means.

Indeed. This pales in comparison to the day when they cut ties with 3 future HOF-er's, now that was worth crying over. Still hate to see him go though.

Everyone I've talked to is pissed about the Bills cutting Fred, and all pretty much agree its to justify Whaley's trade for Brown.

Or its,

A cap saving move,

a move to let Fred play because he was going to be 3rd possibly 4th string here.

a talent move

But please conspiracy theories are my favorite.

Everyone I've talked to is pissed about the Bills cutting Fred, and all pretty much agree its to justify Whaley's trade for Brown.

You obviously haven't spoken to me or anyone else I've talked to about it. It's really not that difficult to comprehend the football logic behind the move.

Why do you not think the move is to justify Whaley drafting Karlos Williams, or signing FA Boobi Dixon, or trading for McCoy? Why is it Brown?

You obviously haven't spoken to me or anyone else I've talked to about it. It's really not that difficult to comprehend the football logic behind the move.

Why do you not think the move is to justify Whaley drafting Karlos Williams, or signing FA Boobi Dixon, or trading for McCoy? Why is it Brown?

Ummm because Whaley obviously doesn't want to admit he wasted a 4th on Brown... Duh

(Ignores the cutting of cockrell who he drafted in the 4th and showed no hesitation in moving on from)

Edited by Crayola64

. We have plenty of young talented RB's that are more important going forward as well as players at other positions we would want the roster spot for.

This dislike for Whaley is pretty sad.. The guy is one the best GMs this franchise has ever had.. One capable of making tough decisions not one to appease sentimental fans

I'm 1 billion % positive it has nothign to do with Whaley needing to be right. That's poretty laughable

Have to agree with you on Whaley. I think he's done a great job so far. Has every move worked? No. But all GM's miss. If Tyrod pans out it will be yet another astute move and quite possibly one of the best moves he's made that should make us a contender this year or next. Can't understand how anyone can criticize the job he's done so far in the short time he's been GM. We could have one of the best defenses AND a top ten offense that will be very well balanced. Can't wait for the season to start.

Because Brown is still on the roster.

I think we as a fan base sound ridiculous to be honest - holding on to silly things like this.

I get hating he's gone - but to be outraged to the point he should still be here is stupid. Just hate he's gone and that's it. Wanting Whaley fired or worse, when he's clearly the most competent GM we've had in over a decade shows how you love your own pity more than you're ready to be a part of a real NFL franchise.

I've heard comments like "I want Fred to be here when things are good because he was there for us when things were bad." Are you serious? Well if you want a GM like that then you want us to be like we've been. Wishing we were good when Fred was good is another thing.

Excellent post, Trips! I think this thread is ridiculous, though it exposes an awful lot about some characters here..

Brown is younger and has show he can be explosive at times. Fred has also fumbled at the goaline as well for those keeping track.

One play does not make a career.

Brown was very explosive last year. He had that one 14 yard run and 6 first downs!