Is Tyrod Taylor a legit fantasy Pick?

TT Fantasy Value??  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you draft TT in a fantasy league?

• Top tier starter - running QBs are the bomb!
    • Late pick up QB1
    • One of the better backups
    • Grab him as a late QB2
    • What are you nuts? Tyrod Taylor???

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no need to draft Tyrod high. However, if you are doing a QBBC approach. Taylor has value. I picked him up in the 14th round to start with Brady as my main guy in the 8th round. So I am rolling with Taylor to start the season as my league only awards 4 points a TD pass but you get 1 point for every 10 yards rushing. So Taylor gets a free TD to start every game if you assume he gets 40 yards minimum on the ground every game.

Don't see him throwing for enough TDs to be worth it.

Screen passes and short throws to Harvin, Watkins, and McCoy count. I also expect Tyrod to throw deep. Let's not forget that in the Carolina game Tyrod threw two passes that could have been TD's. Plus Tyrod will get easy red zone scampers.

If he runs for 60 yards, throws for 240, and gets 1 TD by ground and 1 by air, that's a nice scoring day for your QB.

If you're in a standard league where QBs get 4 points for passing touchdowns and 6 points for rushing touchdowns, Tyrod could have a couple really big weeks during the season.

Overall he's a borderline top-20 fantasy QB for that reason, but I'd stay away from him simply because he might be inconsistent and we don't know if he'll have the job all year. Probably better off having a guy like Tannehill or Flacco as your backup.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

If you have a good QB, take a flyer on him late. I drafted yesterday. Russell Wilson was my keeper so I took TT with my last pick. Low risk high reward for a guy I never plan on playing.

Btw. He was ranked somewhere near #750 when I drafted him. NFL.com's draft review gave me a C- and basically told me I'm slow. :lol:

I had my draft yesterday. Tyrod went undrafted, but Manuel got drafted in the 16th round. I almost drafted Tyrod, but couldn't pull the trigger after EJ's big game. Instead, I took Brian Hoyer with my last pick, as my 3rd QB. As soon as I heard the news today, I picked up Tyrod and cut Hoyer.

Edit to add: This is a non-Buffalo league, so Bills players often get overlooked.

I think TT can be a viable QB2 for fantasy. He could be a 2TD/game guy, with 200 passing yards & 50 rushing- that's solid.

Edited by 947

I'm picking 11 in a non-PPR league. Passing TDs are a full 6 but there's still 1/10 yards rushing.

Almost certainly going to take RB's with the first two picks - wait a long time for the QB - I'm tempted to grab him a bit early.

No other Bills fans, but we might have a few VT guys in the room.

I've been getting Robert Woods in the 3rd to last round. (Last round should always, without question be your kicker. Most years Defense should be your second to last round pick).

I may need to change that to Tyrod.

If he puts up 220 yards passing and 50 yards rushing a game plus whatever 2 TDs. He immediately becomes a Top 10 QB in most scoring formats.

It is a pretty risk move to take him as your QB1, but if you got a super stud at QB1 you may just wait and roll the dice on T-Mobile.