QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

I suppose I don't really follow this sort of thing league-wide, but wow, how cool is it that Tyrod's former teammates and coaches have been so vocal in congratulating him on his opportunity to start in Buffalo? This tells me a couple of things:

1 -- he's a great locker room guy and leader

2 -- he might be really, really good

For a QB like Tyrod who was known more for his running than passing in college (despite some gaudy passing stats), there is no question he has benefited from being in a great organization like Baltimore for four years and learning the QB "craft" behind a steady performer like Flacco. It's actually the blueprint for how one would ideally like to develop a talented but raw QB.

Sort of a tangent from this topic, I'd really like to see EJ sit for another year as the #2, and next summer we might see a "real" QB competition between two high level guys.

Anyway, super excited to see what Tyrod brings to the regular season.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I don't really follow this sort of thing league-wide, but wow, how cool is it that Tyrod's former teammates and coaches have been so vocal in congratulating him on his opportunity to start in Buffalo? This tells me a couple of things:

1 -- he's a great locker room guy and leader

2 -- he might be really, really good

For a QB like Tyrod who was known more for his running than passing in college (despite some gaudy passing stats), there is no question he has benefited from being in a great organization like Baltimore for four years and learning the QB "craft" behind a steady performer like Flacco. It's actually the blueprint for how one would ideally like to develop a talented but raw QB.

Sort of a tangent from this topic, I'd really like to see EJ sit for another year as the #2, and next summer we might see a "real" QB competition between two high level guys.

Anyway, super excited to see what Tyrod brings to the regular season.

I hope we never have a QB competition again.

There is nothing to scout him on since 2010...

Umm, yeah, that's pretty much the point. They're digging up info that has little relevance after Tyrod has been in a professional organization for four years.

TT and EJ have moved the ball about the same but TT is the better runner so it makes sense to start him.

TT goes through his progressions much more smoothly then EJ and his passes have been timed better, and more accurate overall as well

Do you wanna know something interesting I'm starting to realize about TBD? If you go to the last page of any thread, there are people arguing with and insulting one other. Seriously, try it. Like every thread.

its because those who need to argue and debate stick with it for page after page because they can';t let it go.

the rest of us just move on after the initial discussion is exhausted

And he has one of these!

tumblr_mo1uby5uS41s3jxmmo1_1280.jpg

CBF

This is a bigger benefit than many people realize. Buffalo can be a pretty defeatist environment, and having that Super Bling experience, even as a backup, will be a big positive to combat that issue.

TT goes through his progressions much more smoothly then EJ and his passes have been timed better, and more accurate overall as well

its because those who need to argue and debate stick with it for page after page because they can';t let it go.

the rest of us just move on after the initial discussion is exhausted

Ditto

Do you wanna know something interesting I'm starting to realize about TBD? If you go to the last page of any thread, there are people arguing with and insulting one other. Seriously, try it. Like every thread.

I usually argue in the middle....by the time we have made it to the last page I realize I am arguing with my bills brother and ask god for forgiveness.....:)