QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting note from Rotoworld,

"It all comes down to the explosiveness Tyrod brings to us," were the words of coach Rex Ryan.
Taylor is certainly explosive, but has lacked passing finesse going back to his days at Virginia Tech.
He'll be someone the Bills try to hide, hoping for rushing yards and big plays. Taylor's legs put him on the QB2 radar, and leave him as an intriguing early-season possibility in daily leagues.

I didn't agree with their assessment, but quite a few people started OTAs thinking EJ wasn't good enough to be listed at all as an NFL QB. I think he's clearly gotten better this preseason, but it's not clear to me he's gotten better enough. You're welcome to disagree, but this temper tantrum stomping your feet and yelling "EJ must start! He's too good to be benched!" is not only unsightly, it's not necessarily good for EJ. It looks like he's finally working with an OC and coaches who can help him, is it really in his interest to get shipped out to a QB-needy team? Where do you think he'd go? How about Washington?

I also think your girlfriend analogy is a big fail. There have been many cultures and places where more than one spouse was SOP and people just dealt. Furthermore, this isn't romance, it's sports. Some guys get to start, and some guys get to wait their turn and that's how it is. Yes, if you tell Player #1 he's the best and he's starting Week 1, then you tell Player #2 he's the best and he's starting Week 2, you'll create trouble, but if you make everyone's role clear from the start of the season there should not be trouble unless someone is a prima-donna Flutie type.

Youre a little late to the party, did it take you all afternoon to type that in depth response?

I was firing from the hip so i dont know what you want me to say now? I posted my last post on him.

As far as your take, or response or whatever that is, its stupid, and so are you.

Edited by mastershake

100%. Cassel's value is being the steady presence off the bench. Not as the day in day out starter.

At the end of it......as long as Tyrod is starting this year.....I am ok with this

Matt Cassell is only on a 1 year contract. You keep EJ and continue to develop him.....you let EJ and TT duke it out in camp next year for the spot in a deathcage match.

Best one starts.....the backup is ready to go.

Youre a little late to the party, did it take you all afternoon to type that in depth response?

I was firing from the hip so i dont know what you want me to say now? I posted my last post on him.

As far as your take, or response or whatever that is, its stupid, and so are you.

Go screw yourself

I think maybe you should post less frequently. Your contributions are minimal.

Sounds like Rotoworld hasn't watched his preseason games.

The media narrative on TT will be that he is a run first QB who can't throw until the first or second primetime game where he plays and proves them wrong. Even if he throws lights out for the first few sundays, the narrative wont change.

ESPN was so bad that their quick-take pundit mentioned that TT's running will make the Jets that much better.

The media narrative on TT will be that he is a run first QB who can't throw until the first or second primetime game where he plays and proves them wrong. Even if he throws lights out for the first few sundays, the narrative wont change.

ESPN was so bad that their quick-take pundit mentioned that TT's running will make the Jets that much better.

Fitz is a decent scrambler...

Not surprising, but I would be interested to know who the backup is. I think Cassell has a spot as the third string QB. Seems like EJ should be the backup while Cassell is on the roster in case of emergency injuries and to be a reliable veteran that the younger QB's can learn from.

YAY!

Lets hope we surprise some one who matters. Like the Colts and or the Patriots etc.

Not surprising, but I would be interested to know who the backup is. I think Cassell has a spot as the third string QB. Seems like EJ should be the backup while Cassell is on the roster in case of emergency injuries and to be a reliable veteran that the younger QB's can learn from.

Lets hope EJ. at least he stays close to the action.

Maybe TT can teach him a thing or two.

and since we are making cap room . lets trade Cassel for a something or another and bring up Simms instead of PSing him.

Go for it Rex!

Playoffs, gentlemen. :beer:

Oh indeed Nickel indeed. Nothing less :beer:

Yeah. Billick wrote a bit for NFL which started off something like this: there are teams with quarterbacks good enough to win the championship and there are those who do not. Speaking of the latter, the Buffalo Bills announce their starting quarterback.

He goes on to say that the bills are following the model of the Seattle Seahawks but lack a running back like Marshawn Lynch but may go forward with their skill players like LeSean McCoy.

Brace yourself, it's bad:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000519135/article/tyrod-taylor-over-ej-manuelmatt-cassel-right-move-for-bills

Yeah. Billick wrote a bit for NFL which started off something like this: there are teams with quarterbacks good enough to win the championship and there are those who do not. Speaking of the latter, the Buffalo Bills announce their starting quarterback.

He goes on to say that the bills are following the model of the Seattle Seahawks but lack a running back like Marshawn Lynch but may go forward with their skill players like LeSean McCoy.

Brace yourself, it's bad:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000519135/article/tyrod-taylor-over-ej-manuelmatt-cassel-right-move-for-bills

I am curious how much time Billick actually put into following the Bills this year. ANyone think he actually watched a preseason game, or just the highlights?

Most of the national writers are clueless. I would think that to stay competitive, with the NFL being so popular, and with so much media coverage, that expectations would be high for these 'journalists". But maybe there are so many casual fans, that guys can just get by with parroting. It's awful.