QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AroundTheNFL: Rex Ryan announces Tyrod Taylor is indeed the teams starting QB.

Well how about them apples?

To be determined I suppose. Though, I believe Tyrod will perform quite admirably.

You must be grinning like the Cheshire Cat

Did anyone ask Rex about the rest of the QB depth chart?

CBF

Good point. I haven't seen anything in the media.

My point being, if Tyrod is so great, EJwont get any action, and he is too good to sit on the bench behind Tyrod. That's my firm belief. EJ is clearly a starter in my eyes, do him a solid, and do the locker room a solid by keeping a #2 QB, and let EJ succeed elsewhere.

And if they meet in a conference championship, or Superbowl, who do you think I'll root for?

Who are you, EJ? His agent? His Mom? His Pitbull?

People don't always get what they deserve. Talented people get passed over for promotion all the time. That doesn't mean they get transferred to another arm of the business with more opportunity for them, because that would be the right thing for THEM - the business will do what's best for the business, and if that talented guy or gal is seen as filling an important role, they can sit and keep filling it.

EJ is under contract cheaply for 2 more years. If the Bills think he can still develop, or they want to hedge their bets in case Tyrod gets injured or doesn't prove out, they will keep him. They will do what's best for the Bills organization. They are under no obligation to do what might be best for EJ (or might not - my eyes said he improved but he's got some growin' to do yet with regard to consistent mechanics and to reading the D)

Deal.

As for your hypothetical, well, the way you're carrying on it seems you'd root for EJ.

And the controversy begins, this is not good for a team. It's a huge part of the reason I say trade EJ now for what you can get. He is too good to be listed third

You can't have two girlfriends, even if they know about each other. And tell one she's your favorite one week and then tell the other she's your favorite. Even if they're cool with it at the beginning, they're not gonna be cool with it.

I didn't agree with their assessment, but quite a few people started OTAs thinking EJ wasn't good enough to be listed at all as an NFL QB. I think he's clearly gotten better this preseason, but it's not clear to me he's gotten better enough. You're welcome to disagree, but this temper tantrum stomping your feet and yelling "EJ must start! He's too good to be benched!" is not only unsightly, it's not necessarily good for EJ. It looks like he's finally working with an OC and coaches who can help him, is it really in his interest to get shipped out to a QB-needy team? Where do you think he'd go? How about Washington?

I also think your girlfriend analogy is a big fail. There have been many cultures and places where more than one spouse was SOP and people just dealt. Furthermore, this isn't romance, it's sports. Some guys get to start, and some guys get to wait their turn and that's how it is. Yes, if you tell Player #1 he's the best and he's starting Week 1, then you tell Player #2 he's the best and he's starting Week 2, you'll create trouble, but if you make everyone's role clear from the start of the season there should not be trouble unless someone is a prima-donna Flutie type.

Edited by Hopeful

I'm most excited about the intermediate routes that we now have the ability to convert on a regular basis. Without question, the two most impressive things about him in the preseason were, to me, his pocket presence and his comfort with the intermediate throws.