RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

i hate that he included #4. whaley has shown no sign of that type of ego.

Whaley wanting to keep him might not be an ego thing, he might just think this is a very good 24 year old back with little wear and tear on him. It's doesn't have to be, and almost for sure isn't "I traded for him and I'm going to prove you bastards right and get my way" like some people here are portraying.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one 1000+ yard season in his career.

Only one 7+ TD season in his career.

Below 3.9 YPC two of the last three seasons.

Oldest RB in the league.

Suck it up and buy a new jersey and get real with yourself. Nice guy, but can't play anymore.

I'm sure he'll make a fine car salesman.

Speed isn't everything. Freddie squirm through holes and moves the chains. Is strong on his feet. Runs routes well and is a lock in pass protection. I'd be fine if he's cut in Lieu of a better player, but Bryce Brown hasn't proven to be that.

^^^^ This, this, this. My question is why all the Bryce Brown love on this board? Coaches manage the game, but fans actually watch it. Fred brings intangibles such as those mentioned above. What other back that we have has such a nose for blitz pickup and making something of nothing?

Hate it when personnel decisions are made for non-football reasons, and make no mistake the decision to cut Freddy and keep Bryce Brown was a personal decision by Whaley to justify his bad trade.

By every standard, be it intangibles like character, leadership, heart, work ethic, locker-room, community, etc., or on the field, be it running, blocking, receiving, special teams or playmaking ability, Fred Jackson is, was, and always will be a superior player to Bryce Brown...who possesses NONE of those qualities.

This is a bad deal, bad decision, and the football team just took a measurable step backward today.

There's a better than even chance that Brown will be cut next week.

GO BILLS!!!

This move has Whaley's stank written all over it. Obviously, Freddy was cut to protect Whaley's ego on the Bryce Brown fiasco.

I love Fred Jackson and what he has meant to the Bills but this is a silly theory. It has nothing to do with Whaley's ego. You don't think Rex was on board, or even behind this?

Whaley wanting to keep him might not be an ego thing, he might just think this is a very good 24 year old back with little wear and tear on him. It's doesn't have to be, and almost for sure isn't "I traded for him and I'm going to prove you bastards right and get my way" like some people here are portraying.

Unconscious bias is still bias.

i hate that he included #4. whaley has shown no sign of that type of ego.

Agreed. Far more likely that looking objectively at the film, stats, and practice notes, the offensive coaches felt they had 3 or 4 other guys who ranked higher to them.

I don't regard it as a sure bet that the Bills will keep 4 RB or that Brown's roster spot is safe, either.

Oh gee, only one in a pass-happy league....

Answer for both of the above = crappy OL. What other backs have we had with better?

Oldest RB in the league.

Started later than the others too

Suck it up and buy a new jersey and get real with yourself. Nice guy, but can't play anymore.

Saturday proved this wrong

Oldest RB in the league.

On the other hand, you, Sir, make a fine Douche.

Unconscious bias is still bias.

Unconscious ridiculousness and nonsense is still ridiculousness and nonsense.

He traded a fourth round pick for him. Not that much. He traded for Mike Williams and had no problem releasing him even if he thought his coach was behind it. There is no indication whatsoever that this guy is an ego guy more than a team player and there is all kinds of evidence than he is a team player more than an ego guy.

I hate this news, but understand the NFL has moments like this. I hope he was treated with class behind the scenes and doesn't go to New England. It puts a lot of pressure on the third string RB to be useful enough to justify this.

At the same time, given leadership, blocking, and fan favorite, I have to hope the talent evaluation difference was significant enough to justify messing with the Mojo.

Thank you Fred. Truly a class act.