EJ for RG3? Please don't let this happen.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaching and ownership have been an issue, but this kid had flash in the pan written all over him. The pro game is not for him. He is fully recovered from a fully recoverable injury. He's just not a good NFL QB. He conned a dumb owner out a lot of money (and draft picks). He should laugh his way to the bank and be done with this league.

6 Months ago I wouldn't have loved the idea of trading for RG3 but I would have certainly understood and gotten behind it. I would have felt like - hey this is a team that is void of a QB beyond hoping EJ's light comes on, bring in RG3 and lets see if we can't protect him and get Roman to coach him up to what he should have been.

If someone would have said no I don't want to trade for RG3 because we're looking at trading for Cassel or I really want to see this Tyrod Taylor kid - I would have cussed that person out.

After one camp, I don't feel desperate anymore. Amazing!

No way is RG3 traded. His contract is terrible and he is one ACL injury from costing somebody 16.1 million.

He will be cut and have trouble finding work. Think Josh Freeman

Some team desperate for a QB (see Cleveland) could go hard after RGIII or I could see a team like Arizona pursuing him as Palmer isn't getting any younger.The Jets might be an intriguing idea too yet RGIII and the NY media might not be a good combo.

I bet Rex thinks he could make him a good QB: Ritchie, IK, his next project???

I can't see Whaley approving it as can't see him bringing in a guy like RGIII who will ruin the salary structure we've put in place.

RGIII is broken, on the play where he causes his own fumble and gets injured, he had 3 targets open for him to fire a quick pass, instead he tries to take off and loses the ball. I undertand his line sucks but he's not making any progress as a passer.

I'm not worried about the Bills making that move.

No thanks...but I can't help feel bad for RGIII. The Redskins have put on a clinic on how to destroy a promising rookie QB.

Agreed. I see this as an example of an organization completely destroying any chance a talented QB had for developing.

I'm not worried about the Bills making that move.

Agreed. I see this as an example of an organization completely destroying any chance a talented QB had for developing.

The exact opposite of the Bills :|

Would you rather have him or Cassel/Simms as our #3?

Actually, Cassel. The clipboard holder should, IMO, be an experienced, vet who plays a conservative/safe game---effecitve in the short passing game. And, if you think Cassel makes too much money to be a #2/3 what would RGIII do to the salary structure?

Would you rather have him or Cassel/Simms as our #3?

Truth? Cassel. Knows his limitations, his role and the playbook and puts in the time and effort to be the best that he can be. RGIII is a qb that loses you games, Cassel is a qb that can help you control them. Edited by VanCity

What team GM in their right mind would trade for an injury prone running QB who is so twitchy he can't stay in the pocket to make throws.

EJ is showing way better then RG3 right now. That QB and his arrogance got the guy who drafted him fired for wanting to bench him to further develop him.

Washington is one of the worst teams in the NFL right now.