EJ for RG3? Please don't let this happen.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His problem is his work ethic. It isn't bad coaching. Gruden and Shannahan are good coaches. This is a guy that never had to work at his craft and relied on his athletic ability. Then he got hurt and never adjusted

That's on him. I wouldn't touch him

Bob 3.0 is to Ryan Leaf as Andrew Luck is to Peyton Manning.

Bob 3.0 is to Ryan Leaf as Andrew Luck is to Peyton Manning.

Comparing any QB to Ryan Leaf is analogous to comparing any political leader to Hitler. Where do you go from there?

I hope Buffalo doesn't bite on RG3. Washington having trade talks per ESPN ... I hope Buffalo is NOT in the mix.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, despite people who get paid to offer football opinions pontificating about the Bills as possible trade partners. Three reasons:

1) The Bills have spent pretty much up to their cap and are done in FA except vet minimum sort of deals. Dealer Doug said it and I think he's straight up. RGIII salary this year is only $3.2M, which might make the careless say "oh, OK, cut Cassel?" but the Skins picked up a $16M 5th year option on him. Unless he reno's, he's un-tradeable.

2) The Bills know they have some key players to re-sign (*cough* Dareus *cough*). Even if RGIII lets go of his $16M 2016, that makes him a player on a 1-year deal. Poor value.

3) I think Dealer Doug is a pretty shrewd operator. He trades for value, or what he perceives as value, vs need. A talented but unproven QB whose pocket presence needs development and is yet unproven? We got two of them for way less than RGIII 2015 salary, why would we want three?

:lol:

How about comparing Ryan Leaf to Todd Marinovich? Does that get it to a wash?

Wow, that's a good one. But anyone capable of winning Rookie of the Year probably has a bit more going on than those two.

Wow, that's a good one. But anyone capable of winning Rookie of the Year probably has a bit more going on than those two.

Agreed. My point, really, was that there were two, consensus top QB picks in those drafts and two were phenomenal while the other two were busts. Despite RG III's OROY, he's proven to be a bust...albeit not on the epic level of Ryan Leaf.

I always hated the draft trade, but not the player. That's because who was to say he wouldn't be good? The problem with the draft trade is: the ONLY way it makes sense is if he is the GOAT by a lot. It only took 1 pick to draft Kelly, Marino, Elway, Manning, Brady, Montana, etc.

I got tons of crap for it on this board(I'm just waiting until this plays out, and when it does? Accountability thread).

The question to consider here is: Given the entire history of Dan Snyder owning the Redskins with hilarious examples of ineptitude, like...

1. Adam Archuleta(a Saftey that didn't fit their defense, who ended up making near-top safety $...to play special teams)

2. Albert Haynesworth(same thing on player vs scheme, but this guy had a terrible attitude, and they never even bothered to ask their own pro scouts)

3. Years of trading multiple draft picks away for big name, but old and declining players(at these the two guys above still had game). In 2010 they had 1 1st(albeit a pro-bowl T, but, 4th overall...because they suck), 1 4th, 1 6th and 3 7ths. That was their draft. :lol: Can you imagine what this place would turn into, if that's all the draft picks we had, trying to rebuild the 4th-worst team in the NFL?

4. Having his media lackeys(you either write what he wants, or say goodbye to the locker room) tamper with Aaron Schobel, and make a himself and them look like complete idiots

...why did ANY of you ever believe in the RG3 draft trade?

Once again: it's Dan Synder! :wallbash: It seems like Snyder would have to come kick some of you in the junk, for you to finally realize he's an ass.

EDIT This video serves as a metaphor for the entire Dan Synder Redskins era.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The report is trade talks have already been had, and no team bit, including the Bills. $16.1 million gtd is alot for a QB who can't stay healthy and doesn't have the mindset of an unselfish player. Six months ago I would have been giddy with a fourth round pick to acquire RG. Now with the emergence of TT and EJ I think we would be moving backwards.

rg3 is turning into a lindros or connolly type player. His rookie year you thought he had hof talent with all he was doing and now he's a shell of himself with all these injuries. That last hit he took he got absolutely demoslished....that shouldn't happen to any qb.

if you read the banner scroll on espn, it did say Washington was in trade talks with several teams, it also went on to say there was ZERO interest in return,

I hope Buffalo doesn't bite on RG3. Washington having trade talks per ESPN ... I hope Buffalo is NOT in the mix.

if you read the banner scroll on espn, it did say Washington was in trade talks with several teams, it also went on to say there was ZERO interest in return,

Of course not - he's been awful for 2 full years now and looks even worse this preseason. Why would anyone trade for a guy with no value and pay his 1st-round contract when he can be had for the minimum.

Cousins just named the starter for week 1.

Yes - he's a BUST.

rg3 is turning into a lindros or connolly type player. His rookie year you thought he had hof talent with all he was doing and now he's a shell of himself with all these injuries. That last hit he took he got absolutely demoslished....that shouldn't happen to any qb.

It would help if his OL wanted to block for him. That's on Gruden.