What reporter is first with who the new QB is?

I'm betting the first guy to have a legitimate leak as to who the starter will be is not going to be one of the local guys (WGR, WKBW, Buffalo News, AP/Wawrow). The leak will come from a player's agent, who will go to their national reporting contact (Mort, Schefter, Rapoport, etc.).

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read that this morning and read it as "Roman is softening on his allegiance to Cassel."

Did anyone actually believe that he had an allegiance to Cassel? I always took it to mean that he was reticent to come here unless we had a veteran QB on the roster.....I assume because he had no idea how bad/good EJ or TT were going to be. That QB happened to become Cassel(could have been any vet QB)....and subsequently it has been clearly shown that Cassel has been outperformed by the young guys. Why would Roman have an allegiance to Cassel?

I read that this morning and read it as "Roman is softening on his allegiance to Cassel."

I'd have to think any "allegiance" to Cassel stems from Roman wanting a guy immediately when he took the OC job that he knew would be "capable" in the position. It has taken time for him to get comfortable with the notion that TT (or even EJ) could run his offense effectively -- but the "tape don't lie." TT and EJ have run the offense brilliantly in preseason -- primarily without the Bills' main playmakers.

It really is amazing how many folks don't lend credence to the fact that people can actually change their minds.

It really is amazing how many folks don't lend credence to the fact that people can actually change their minds.

Something I learned from playing poker was that most people expect others to act(and think) how they do. I see that most people around here(and everywhere-sigh), can't change their minds.....so going with my poker theory, they can't envision other people changing their minds. Edited by Dibs

I'd have to think any "allegiance" to Cassel stems from Roman wanting a guy immediately when he took the OC job that he knew would be "capable" in the position. It has taken time for him to get comfortable with the notion that TT (or even EJ) could run his offense effectively -- but the "tape don't lie." TT and EJ have run the offense brilliantly in preseason -- primarily without the Bills' main playmakers.

Cassel hasn't looked capable for the past 4 years. Never mind his season ending early in 3 of those seasons. Going with him based on what he did over 4 years ago would make me question Roman's fitness to run the offense.

Did anyone actually believe that he had an allegiance to Cassel? I always took it to mean that he was reticent to come here unless we had a veteran QB on the roster.....I assume because he had no idea how bad/good EJ or TT were going to be. That QB happened to become Cassel(could have been any vet QB)....and subsequently it has been clearly shown that Cassel has been outperformed by the young guys. Why would Roman have an allegiance to Cassel?

That's been the word out there for at least a few weeks. As of two weeks ago he was firm in his stance that is who he wanted. It has been an actual competition though and subject to change. It sounds like it might be changing some.

@ByTimGraham: Spoke to source close to one of the Bills QBs. He tells me Rex has given "no word" on who the starter will be.

Again, I think they have been instructed not to leak the info.

So we know Graham's source is an agent or a family member of one of the QBs.

Just to be clear that's exactly what I am saying. If there is "mounting support" as Schefter says that to me is Roman is more comfortable with that notion than he was previously.

That's been the word out there for at least a few weeks. As of two weeks ago he was firm in his stance that is who he wanted. It has been an actual competition though and subject to change. It sounds like it might be changing some.

As that didn't make much sense to me....and there was no direct quote from Roman saying as much(or even allluding to it), I assumed(and am still assuming) that the inside leaks/sources were slightly misdirected in that it was Roman's view prior to him coming to the Bills, or at least until he saw how much better his young guys were compared to Cassel. Anything else pretty much paints Roman as a bit of an idiot IMO...and I really can't see him being one.

So we know Graham's source is an agent or a family member of one of the QBs.

Timmy is like the mafia -- goes right to the family.

Cassel hasn't looked capable for the past 4 years. Never mind his season ending early in 3 of those seasons. Going with him based on what he did over 4 years ago would make me question Roman's fitness to run the offense.

Nothing is an absolute, and nobody thought Cassel would be "reborn" here. He was simply a veteran they could acquire cheaply who Roman believed could run his offense capably -- at a time when the Bills viewed their QB situation as a dumpster fire.

Nothing is an absolute, and nobody thought Cassel would be "reborn" here. He was simply a veteran they could acquire cheaply who Roman believed could run his offense capably -- at a time when the Bills viewed their QB situation as a dumpster fire.

No nothing is absolute, but 4 years is a clear trend. I could understand if it was a year or maybe two where he played poorly and/or got injured, but four?

I was a Cassel supporter. I thought he was the safe and easy pick. But now I think Tyrod has earned the job and EJ has proven he can be a very capable backup. Cassel is a 1 yr security blanket. After our guys show what they can do then it will be easy to part ways with Cassel after the season

I'm betting the first guy to have a legitimate leak as to who the starter will be is not going to be one of the local guys (WGR, WKBW, Buffalo News, AP/Wawrow). The leak will come from a player's agent, who will go to their national reporting contact (Mort, Schefter, Rapoport, etc.).

This is a reasonable guess.

None of our local reporters have developed great sources inside OBD.