What reporter is first with who the new QB is?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually I'm going 95% it's Taylor. 90% from what I heard and another 5% because it feels like the obvious choice.

But could you imagine what would happen on this board if it was EJ. I mean really think about that for a second.

After the way EJ's played in pre-season, no one would be able to say that he has no business starting. But I think most would be happy with ABC.

Actually I'm going 95% it's Taylor. 90% from what I heard and another 5% because it feels like the obvious choice.

But could you imagine what would happen on this board if it was EJ. I mean really think about that for a second.

I have a pretty good idea of how EJ's devoted groupies would react.

american-idol-crying-girl.jpg

Nick Mendola, that's whose gonna break the story.

I just realized something, Metzelaars was a red headed step child, like Andy Dalton, and EJ.

I have a pretty good idea of how EJ's devoted groupies would react.

american-idol-crying-girl.jpg

Actually, I see far more anti-EJ bias than so-called groupies. There are many here who think they are QB evaluation experts who can guarantee EJ will never be a competent QB in the NFL. They seem to think one bad pass in otherwise great outings disqualifies him from having the ability to start for the Bills.

I'm on board with TT getting the starting nod, but I think EJ played as well as a QB can play, this preseason. I'm happy with either getting the start.

I will never understand the need to use the term "EJ Groupies." There are posters who kept an open mind and thought it was too soon to write him off after 14 games, and that he may still develop into a starting QB. I don't ever remember seeing anyone claim he is great or will be great.

I will never understand the need to use the term "EJ Groupies." There are posters who kept an open mind and thought it was too soon to write him off after 14 games, and that he may still develop into a starting QB. I don't ever remember seeing anyone claim he is great or will be great.

That's what I mean. Giving EJ the benefit of the doubt or recognizing he has talent and has been hindered by poor coaching/O-line/etc apparently makes on an EJ groupie in the eyes of some.

That's what I mean. Giving EJ the benefit of the doubt or recognizing he has talent and has been hindered by poor coaching/O-line/etc apparently makes on an EJ groupie in the eyes of some.

The folks who listen to WGR, for one...

Thank you! Its ridiculous on here if you say EJ still has potential. The people bashing him and bashing people who think he has upside still was so stupid. No one was speaking in absolutes except the bashers who insisted he would be out of the NFL. Its amazing how many people here, who are repeatedly wrong over and over again about the absolute conclusions they come to, slam others for having an open mind about a player. They try and spin it as if you are trying to claim EJ will be great or something just because you think he still has potential.

I told everyone over and over again that EJ's career has NOT been as bad as people grossly exaggerate here. He won games, he was rookie of the week twice, he had 3 comeback wins in 14 starts, he didn't have a lot of terrible games...not to mention he was saddled with the worst OC in the NFL and a coach who never wanted him to play over a vet. He was coached by a staff that restricted him and tried to take away his game.

Again...this is preseason, so the jury is still out on EJ. We don't even know if he will win the job...but the kid has proven he deserves a shot in the NFL and can play at some level in this league. Not to mention he's probably the hardest working Bill on the team, has an amazing attitude, wants to be here, and wants to be great. I hope he gets another shot at some point if its not week 1.

PS: The other fact people over look is that he was labeled RAW coming out of college and would need some time to develop...he never got that and had a staff that was inept. Roman and Rex seem to have really helped this kid and hope he keeps ascending.

I still think EJ could develop into a pretty good QB, and I think he's shown major improvement, but I also think Tyrod has clearly been the best QB in this competition. What does that make me?

Reasonable? I'm sorry for the insult.

I still think EJ could develop into a pretty good QB, and I think he's shown major improvement, but I also think Tyrod has clearly been the best QB in this competition. What does that make me?

I disagree that he's been better, much less "clearly the best." But I wouldn't have a problem with him starting.