What reporter is first with who the new QB is?

I'm calling Cassel, but I want TT-1 and EJ-2, MC-3.

You heard it here first!!!

Or maybe for the 100th time (conservative estimate).

Oh, maybe you meant the first time by you. Sorry.

Edited by The Dean

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I disagree that he's been better, much less "clearly the best." But I wouldn't have a problem with him starting.

I get why people think that way, I just love the fit with Tyrod, read option, and multiple threat while also being a good passer. Another dimension EJ just doesn't have (even though he's athletic enough to)

I get why people think that way, I just love the fit with Tyrod, read option, and multiple threat while also being a good passer. Another dimension EJ just doesn't have (even though he's athletic enough to)

The read option is looking like another fad.

I still think EJ could develop into a pretty good QB, and I think he's shown major improvement, but I also think Tyrod has clearly been the best QB in this competition. What does that make me?

Perpetrator!

:lol: Good for him. I never cared for him, but I wish the old guy well.

He's definitely getting up there. I grew-up a Bills fan in California in the pre-Internet days. Empire Sports was my lifeline. Fond memories of Koshinski, Wander, Simon, Brinson, Felser etc. Edited by Jamie Nails

He's definitely getting up there. I grew-up a Bills fan in California in the pre-Internet days. Empire Sports was my lifeline. Fond memories of Koshinski, Wander, Simon, Brinson, Felser etc.

Loved the Empire Sports Network. Really miss it...

According to Artie's Wiki page, "As of 2014, Wander appears regularly as an analyst on the WBBZ-TV program "All Sports WNY" (hosted and managed by his former boss at Empire, Bob Koshinski) and writes commentary for the program's website."

Agreed. Even though TT has never started a regular season game and EJ has 14 starts, TT just seems more comfortable out there. He just looks like he can handle anything the defense throws at him and I don't usually get that feeling with EJ. At any rate, I will be happy with ABC.

It's Taylor. You heard it here first.

I'm not sure EJ starting on Saturday was much of a smokescreen. I'm not sure anyone interpreted that as an indication that he had somehow already earned the starting job. I told you that even if EJ had the game of his life, he aint starting. He had the game of his life. He aint starting.

Not trying to second guess you, not trying to do anything malicious.... If you have a source, that's awesome and thanks for sharing with us... I have one question bc it's been eating at me.... Why did they put EJ back in on Sunday

So everybody has a favorite and supposedly Rex was going to choose today but not say anything. In this day and age it will leak so... what reporter is first with the correct info (of course ESPN will claim first...lol)? I will go with Schefter or Glazer national and Carruci local....

Whoever is the sideline reporter who sees the starter come on the field.

I like JW. I don't like (nor do I prefer) VC chances because of his affinity to the Browns organization.

He was in Buffalo first

Clark the Bear!

:lol:

Not trying to second guess you, not trying to do anything malicious.... If you have a source, that's awesome and thanks for sharing with us... I have one question bc it's been eating at me.... Why did they put EJ back in on Sunday

It had to be that he had only thrown two passes on the two drives. They ended in two Tds, but he had no throws during his first set of drives.

It had to be that he had only thrown two passes on the two drives. They ended in two Tds, but he had no throws during his first set of drives.

that was what Rex said. They didn't plan on bringing him back, but they realized his drives were too short and throws too few.

Actually I'm going 95% it's Taylor. 90% from what I heard and another 5% because it feels like the obvious choice.

But could you imagine what would happen on this board if it was EJ. I mean really think about that for a second.

Yes. Think about it.

• If EJ gets the nod - A lot of people will be jubilant, some so so and a quite a few irate.
  • If TT gets the nod - A lot of people will be jubilant, some so so and a very few irate.
  • If MC gets the nod - A lot of people will be irate, some so so and a quite a few saying WTF? Another BS season "with an Orton + player who just can't get it done" season.

for my bud Metz.

There you have it Metz_Lives source is Jerry Sullivan

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/30/no-smoke-from-bills-on-qb-choice/

By early Sunday evening, there was no word on the choice, no smoke coming out of the chimneys at One Bills Drive. That doesn’t mean Ryan hadn’t made the call, but it’s hard to imagine a decision of that magnitude not leaking out.

As I’ve said before, Taylor’s rise was largely due to his modest competition, Cassel and EJ Manuel. That doesn’t mean he can’t succeed, that he wouldn’t seize the moment and turn into a solid NFL starter.

Ryan pushed to get Taylor. Maybe others are trying to persuade him. I’m told that offensive coordinator Greg Roman believed that Cassel was best-suited to run his offense.

Or is Jerry's source Metz_Lives?

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2015/08/30/maiorana-can-make-reasonable-case-qbs/71379072/

Who do I believe deserved to be the winner of this months-long competition based on performance?

- Tyrod Taylor because he was certainly the most dynamic player this summer, he's someone who brings a dual run-pass threat to Greg Roman's offense, and he's an unproven, unknown talent which therefore makes him wildly interesting.

Who do I hope Ryan picked?

- EJ Manuel. When you stop swearing at your computer or mobile device, let me explain.

Call me crazy, and I know many of you will, but I like EJ as a person, and just feel like he deserves a break. Yes, that colors me a little biased, maybe even a little soft, but here's the thing — I thought EJ looked really good the last half of training camp, and in all three preseason games.

• Further, shouldn't Bills fans be pulling for him to get the job, and for him to go ahead and prove he was the right choice by playing great so that he can finally justify being a first-round draft pick in 2013?
Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

First "leak"

@AdamSchefter: Rex Ryan hasn't informed any QB of any choice, but sounds like Tyrod Taylor has some mounting support. Rex knows how tough he is to defend.

He just said that on Mike and Mike. Compared a bit to the RG3 situation in that each guy has his supporters in the organization and there is a difference of opinion as the other thread stated.