Rex is torn TT or Cassel

Reed83HOF

Im with you. Haven't seen as many receivers running open all over the field since the Bills defenses in the late 70s.

But if the defense is that bad, we SHOULD be hitting the bombs that EJ hit. He took most advantage of the bad defense. That's what good QBs do.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm hearing a lot of "preseason" doesn't matter around here. That's somewhat true, but it's very naive to think there's nothing that can be learned from it.

I am slightly concerned about the defense yesterday. We went up against a super bowl winning QB on a perennial winning team, a team we could face in the playoffs if we make it, and got taken on a long drive, and I didn't even get the feeling Roethlisberger was trying that hard. We couldn't stop Martavis Bryant, how are we going to stop Antonio Brown. I'm also concerned about our secondary if McKelvin and Gilmore miss too much time. So please don't use that as your argument. These little flaws will become very apparent during the season. There's a reason we went DB with our first pick this year.

I just feel "preseason doesn't count" is being used as a crutch around here when it disagrees with your viewpoint.

The whole preseason thing has me confused. If we are discounting the preseason games, then why are so many people really high on TT? Most wouldn't have seen him in practice....so how can they form an opinion?

If one acknowledges that TT has shown himself to be potentially good, then they must also acknowledge the same about EJ.

I've been neutral about this QB competition. Cassel didn't look very good to me yesterday. If that's what the offense is going to look like with him under center, it's going to be a boring and frustrating season. EJ has a mental issue - his QB play remind me of my golf game - when he is relaxed and just goes out and plays, he can look great. But that one incompletion - and I know it's a nitpick - was vintage EJ Yips. He thought too much and his mechanics fell apart. I'm sure it's terrifying for the coaches to see that. The problem with EJ is mental not physical, which is very hard for coaches to deal with.

TT looked the best of the three but I still need to see a touchdown pass out of him in the redzone. That's what would worry me if I were his coaches.

Not an EJ lover; but that pass was tipped there is a gif somewhere on TBD with it

The whole preseason thing has me confused. If we are discounting the preseason games, then why are so many people really high on TT? Most wouldn't have seen him in practice....so how can they form an opinion?

If one acknowledges that TT has shown himself to be potentially good, then they must also acknowledge the same about EJ.

He's the new girl in the classroom so per definition he's hotter then the other girls.

TT was consistently pretty good in practice by most reports.

To who, you? Not to me. I'm picking EJ's yards and TD's.

You hit the nail right on the head.

I think you're focusing too much on preseason stats.

I haven't rewatched the game, yet, but here's a concept often talked about in regards to the QB: rhythm.

Tyrod had rhythm. Cassel didn't. EJ was off and on.

In Tyrod's drives, the ball was out on time through clear lanes, no tipped passes, perfectly placed balls. It was as smooth as melted butter.

Once again, he made the right decisions and showcased his deadly dual-threat capability.

The stats are what they are. This is a no-brainer for me.

TT was consistently pretty good in practice by most reports.

And that's enough to be emphatic that he should be the starter? I don't think so....not without some sort of agenda to influence that emphatic thought.

The only game where EJ was off and on was the first pre-season game, he has looked the job ever since. Note that he suffered from WR's having he dropsies in that game and even then in that game he posted 1 TD drive and 1 FG drive versus 2 TD drives by TT.

Edited by bladiebla

Ah ok I missed that. Good.

I agree about the yips. But did you see him yesterday, looked very focused and confident. Had the respect of the huddle.

Yips can be overcome, but they can always come back so it is a mark against him.

Wawrow knows something to paste this. I do not think it is EJ. Wawrow don't work like that, I don't think he has the ability to plant seeds from the front office to gode other teams on.

I doubt it is EJ also and I was just making a joke. However I think that Cassel is going to be cut, not considered a starter.

Go ask your next door neighbor Jerry. He'll tell you what to think.

I have absolutely no idea who Jerry is and/or where you're going with this. My nextdoor neighbors are Barb, an old lady whose yard I help take care of, and Lars, a pot grower.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I think you're focusing too much on preseason stats.

I haven't rewatched the game, yet, but here's a concept often talked about in regards to the QB: rhythm.

In Tyrod's drives, the ball was out on time through clear lanes, no tipped passes, perfectly placed balls. It was as smooth as melted butter.

Once again, he made the right decisions and showcased his deadly dual-threat capability.

The stats are what they are. This is a no-brainer for me.

The most important NFL stats say that EJ is better because of the passing TD totals which is the best barometer to judge an NFL QB.

Also, McCoy will have larger running lanes given EJ's deep passing abilities. With Tyrod you get eight in a box when the real games begin.

I understand why they would pick Tyrod over EJ, but I just feel like that drive we saw from Taylor yesterday is his ceiling. He's pretty much maxed out. And I can't get over his height.

EJ showed us a glimpse of his ceiling and it blows Tyrod out of the water. EJ can be Cam Newton with good intangibles minus some running skills.

Cam Newton sux, wilts under pressure and then mopes

Wawrow knows something to paste this. I do not think it is EJ. Wawrow don't work like that, I don't think he has the ability to plant seeds from the front office to gode other teams on.

I think it's TT. Lord help us if it's Cassel. WNY would meltdown (except for pundits at several media outlets).

And that's enough to be emphatic that he should be the starter? I don't think so....not without some sort of agenda to influence that emphatic thought.

Uhm, you have two guys who were both pretty good in preseason, but one who was better in practice? How else do you expect someone to evaluate a player? Names in a hat?

We can do game film of their previous years, but I don't think we wanna go down that road.

Edited by FireChan

The most important NFL stats say that EJ is better because of the passing TD totals which is the best barometer to judge an NFL QB.

Also, McCoy will have larger running lanes given EJ's deep passing abilities. With Tyrod you get eight in a box when the real games begin.

The stats posted on the previous page show Tyrod with the highest percentage of scoring drives, but again, you're focusing way too much on preseason stats. Scott Tolzien puts up great preseason stats.