How Does Indy Game Plan for Taylor?

PolishDave

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stack the box...

that leaves sammy, clay and harvin in single coverage.

can't wait.

If our offensive line plays well he will be fun to watch but there are obvious concerns with Tyrod. Let me ask you how many deep balls have you seen him complete?

How many touchdowns has he thrown this pre-season? He is fun to watch but can he put points on the board. No matter how good your running game is you have to put points on the board. All preseason I was waiting for touchdown passes and I did not see any from him. You make him beat you with his arm. He is much better than I remember at VT but there are still questions.

Edited by VADC Bills

from what ive seen stack the box and contain him in the pocket. He hasn't shown he can stretch the field. Take away run and short stuff, and stay in rush lanes so he can't see.

It's the mike Vick playbook. Wilson is a far better passer so there are fewer similarities with Tyrod.

Not just targeted at you, but I would love for Green Bay to stack the box with Percy, Sammy, Woods, Clay, and McCoy as a target at there.

We are LOADED with talent so if Tyrod's presence means more man than we were going to get anyway, good.

8 in the box, forcing him to stay on the "X" in the pocket, and into 3rd and long situations. On those 3rd and long situations, one sided pressure with 2 over the top spies, forcing him to a controlled direction out of the pocket, where he won't be able to convert the first down with his legs.

The same way you beat every 1-2 read, waterbug, gimmick QB.

8 in the box, forcing him to stay on the "X" in the pocket, and into 3rd and long situations. On those 3rd and long situations, one sided pressure with 2 over the top spies, forcing him to a controlled direction out of the pocket, where he won't be able to convert the first down with his legs.

The same way you beat every 1-2 read, waterbug, gimmick QB.

Do you think that most 1-2 read, waterbug, gimmick QBs have the support players he has? You want to devote 2 over the top spies on 3rd and long with Sammy, Percy, Woods, Clay and McCoy out there?

I don't think one spy would work on TT, unless you leave one like the Mike- then have the the ends not crash on every play- just focus on contain... That puts a lot of stress on your secondary and tends to open up runs that can average another yard or two longer than they would typically be, but if you are Indy and fear that TT will be dangerous and needs contained- that's how I would do it...

This!!!

BuffaloedinPa taught me to reiterate my points to make them more valid...

Here are some negatives about the Colts from preseason game 3 that a person posted on one of their forums:

Negatives:

D'Qwell Jackson is still incredibly slow and a liability every pass play. Geathers worked as a nickel-LB during TC and I don't know how he'd fair there during the regular season, but he at least offers some speed on passing downs.

The Colts are probably going to be near the top of the league in missed tackles this season. It's been a theme through 3 games thus far.

Werner is still invisible. His first round pick status keeps him from the roster bubble where he deserves to be.

WR screens are still a thing.

Two tight-end sets are still a thing.

"Establishing the run" is still a thing.

Lance Louis. Actually, an form of run-blocking aside from like 2 carries.

I'm 100% this was just a pre-season thing, but there was rarely any press-coverage. Everything was soft.

Kicking a field goal on the goal-line in a pre-season game. This was classic Pagano.

If you need a first down and are playing the Colts, call a RB screen. It's basically a free first down.

Source

I highlighted the parts that are relevant to our offense being able to move the ball.

Missed tackles? Let's hope so!

Edited by PolishDave

Spy on Tyrod with single coverage on Sammy, Woods, Harvin, Clay and McCoy. That's a plan that works for me.

I'd be curious to hear takes on same complex zone options (or blended looks), potentially, instead of just blanketing guys 1-1. With the scrambling it keeps guys looking at the qb. It helps with reading the play to stop our YAC guys. It shortens foot races with our speed guys.

Is the classic bend but don't break and force a qb to be efficient for 10 plays every drive while hopefully creating a few turnovers the best answer?

And again, hit tyrod often. Perhaps even at the expense of a few yards.

I'd be curious to hear takes on same complex zone options (or blended looks), potentially, instead of just blanketing guys 1-1. With the scrambling it keeps guys looking at the qb. It helps with reading the play to stop our YAC guys. It shortens foot races with our speed guys.

Is the classic bend but don't break and force a qb to be efficient for 10 plays every drive while hopefully creating a few turnovers the best answer?

Yep - that was my suggestion a few posts up. Make him patiently sustain long drives. Blitzing him is stupid - one quickstep and he's past the rusher and the rusher is out of the play.

Honestly w/ Tyrod's arm strength and ability to extend plays + our support players...complex zones could be a disaster. I think Tyrod is probably more comfortable escaping and hitting a guy streaking in a zone spot he had extra time to find than he is in the pocket doing the same against man.