Most underrated play of the game

If you add in Goodwin to the mix then the defense is going to be spread out to account for all the quality receivers involved in the intermediate and deep passing game. With the defense loosened up the biggest beneficiaries will be the backs.

Goodwin will either be IR'd or cut.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I very much doubt he will be cut. He's been terrific and the coaches love him. Yes you cannot count on him. We will have to see how severe the injury is. They can afford to wait several weeks for him if necessary.

He's got incredible talent but he can't stay healthy.

TT's quick 8 yard out to Davis puts us in FG range at the end of the 2nd Q and gets us 3 bonus points. That was a smooth throw. So far Taylor has answered every criticism of his game. Cassel doesn't have the arm strength to make that throw.

Davis also made it look easy. The kid really looks good.

The closest to EJ who have somewhere in the same range of attempts are Mariota (9.3/attempt 27 attempts), Mettenberger (8.3/attempt 31 attempts), and Chase Daniel (8.2/attempt 33 attempts).

So Mariota is a brand new draft pick but there has been talk on this board that the Bills should trade for both of the other 2 in that list which makes me think - if EJ was on another team wouldn't he be another "hey this kid only had 14 starts... he played generally ok, his numbers are ok, he had a meltdown against Watt but who hasn't? and he has a nice big arm and a great attitude and can throw deep - the Bills should trade for him."

Davis also made it look easy. The kid really looks good.

You mean except that he bobbled it and didn't get his feet in bounds? The refs gave us a gift. Perfect pass he should have caught easily. He has looked very good. I hope we can get him on PS but I fear we are going to lose him.

EJs play was phenomenal.... All game I was really impressed with his play.... Then I came back and looked at the stats... I think we are in a pretty good situation at QB with 2 guys that can lead us to the playoffs... Our starter might not be top end, but our drop off to his backup is nonexistent which is nice

I apologize for not specifically answering the question posed here but what I found most gratifying in this game is having our TEs involved in the offense. When our first line receivers play there will be plenty of passing options that will keep the defense off balance. The TEs in this game weren't only thrown dump off passes, they were involved in the downfield passing game. That is exciting!

Can I get an Amen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUZRz_NVuaU

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

My favorite was the out to Gragg in the second half. That was a true "big boy" throw only a handful of human beings can make on an NFL stage. That throw is the reason why you don't cut or trade EJ and even if Taylor wins the starting job you continue to develop EJ.

My favorite was the out to Gragg in the second half. That was a true "big boy" throw only a handful of human beings can make on an NFL stage. That throw is the reason why you don't cut or trade EJ and even if Taylor wins the starting job you continue to develop EJ.

I was going to mention that one. That was an amazing throw.

Just bringing the thread back to its original point....

The reason I cited TTs throw at the end of the half is because it gave us three extra points. He had no time outs and just one shot to make a sideline pass, where the Steelers knew it was going. Bobble or not, the pass was 100% on the money.

Yes, the EJ-Gragg throw was impressive as well, as were others. What wasn't impressive were Matt Cassell's dink-n-dunk drives that fell short each time.

TT's quick 8 yard out to Davis puts us in FG range at the end of the 2nd Q and gets us 3 bonus points. That was a smooth throw. So far Taylor has answered every criticism of his game. Cassel doesn't have the arm strength to make that throw.

I agree that Taylor has passed well and done everything asked of him, but I still can't help being concerned that a guy who completed 57% of his passes in college won't revert to inaccuracies once the regular season starts.

The reason I cited TTs throw at the end of the half is because it gave us three extra points. He had no time outs and just one shot to make a sideline pass, where the Steelers knew it was going. Bobble or not, the pass was 100% on the money.

Yes, the EJ-Gragg throw was impressive as well, as were others. What wasn't impressive were Matt Cassell's dink-n-dunk drives that fell short each time.

No, that was easily the best throw of the preseason by any of the QBs. And I'd still lean towards starting TT - but you have to give credit to Manuel - his good passes are far better than the other QBs best stuff and that one was perfection.

If they start Cassel it's going to be tough to watch. His inability to put any heat on his short passes is going to get him picked off when teams watch film and game plan - a lot. He should have been pick-sixed once last night.

the inaccurate 3rd guy who put up a perfect passer rating of 158.3.

You know they guy who was lucky to be on this team 1 week ago.

You know they guy who stands lees than 30% chance of being a franchise QB

Sorry the Super Fan in me took over

If they start Cassel it's going to be tough to watch. His inability to put any heat on his short passes is going to get him picked off when teams watch film and game plan - a lot. He should have been pick-sixed once last night.

I'd have to do a speed to stay awake

Also underrated because nobody is talking about it, is the play of the offensive line.

O-line gave Bills quarterbacks lots of clean pockets and opened holes in the running game. Great job for the most part.

Marrone must have send some texts to correct what he saw on film.... He's am OL mastermind, just look what he's doing in... Oh- never mind

Except it wasn't a completion... :devil:

I was shocked they ruled it a completion.

The refs just gave it to them. :devil:

I was shocked they didn't overturn the ruling on the field.

This team is going to score points in bunches... with TT or EJ at the helm.

Most underrated plays in that game were the misses by Carpenter.

Nobody is talking about it, but there is reason to be concerned. Thank god it is only preseason.

He could cost them some games. This is why he was cut by Miami after they drafted his replacement. I hope he gets back in the groove quickly or this could become a huge deal.

Also underrated because nobody is talking about it, is the play of the offensive line.

O-line gave Bills quarterbacks lots of clean pockets and opened holes in the running game. Great job for the most part.

Finally, a ray of hope. The front five appear to be gellin'. The backups, not so much. I hope Roman doesn't have to rely much on those guys this year.

Goodwin will either be IR'd or cut.

We disagree on that. He offers an exceptional quality, speed, that has an impact on the defense whether he is thrown to or not. Of course the concern over his durability will be factored in. But when it comes down to the large numbers in the receiving corps he is worth taking a gamble on because he has something different to offer compared to the other receivers.