Behind the scenes video of Tyrod Taylor's draft year

YoloinOhio

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a reason for everything. I feel Tyrod is a diamond in the ruff. No one can predict

what will happen. But he has worked hard and done the right steps to become successful.

He is a good person raised by good parents. His talent is right up there. He has all the tools

and he seems very smart and understands complicated offensive formations and concepts.

He has not been given a chance to start in the NFL. Just like Brady was not given a chance

until Bledsoe went down. Many people doubted weather Brady was very good at all coming

out of college. He also went in the 6th round. I for one feel that if Tyrod is given a shot

to be a starter in the NFL he will become a very good QB. We may not have to worry

about having to draft a QB for the next 10 years if Tyrod pans out. We're not going to find that out unless he starts a full year. Why draft a new first round QB next year when you don't know what we have in Tyrod. We know what Cassell is and I for one have not given up on EJ. But I think that Tyrod won this QB battle in training camp and pre-season games.

He should be the starter. He can make every throw Cassell can make plus do more with

his legs. What's the point then of starting Cassell. I for one can't wait to see what Tyrod can do. GO BILLS

Wow he got screwed on his Pro Day. That's the NCAA for you.

It's about time things lined up for us in the QB department.

I recall that back after the draft in which the Ravens picked him, Ozzie Newsome spoke on a local Baltimore show about how they felt they got a real steal. He spoke a little about what struck the morning of his Pro Day, but he said Taylor faced a long list of terrible misfortunes throughout the process, causing him to fall all the way well past his real value all the down to them in the 6th.

The NCAA didn't screw him Va Tech did. They are the people who organize those pro days and they are supposed to intentionally be set up to showcase the players. It helps the football program as much as anything to have well known players in the league. It is unreal to me that the football program allowed something like that to happen to a player of Tyrod Taylor's status at Va Tech. They could have brought in some FA WRs off the street to catch balls at the pro day if they didn't have any Seniors to put into the workout. Tyrod would have gotten a good workout in without any eligibility issues. Pro Days are scheduled way in advance so there was plenty of lead in time for arrangements to be made and I'm sure there are several VT alumns they could have brought in who would have been happy to help the program.

Wow he got screwed on his Pro Day. That's the NCAA for you.

The NCAA didn't screw him Va Tech did. They are the people who organize those pro days and they are supposed to intentionally be set up to showcase the players. It helps the football program as much as anything to have well known players in the league. It is unreal to me that the football program allowed something like that to happen to a player of Tyrod Taylor's status at Va Tech. They could have brought in some FA WRs off the street to catch balls at the pro day if they didn't have any Seniors to put into the workout. Tyrod would have gotten a good workout in without any eligibility issues. Pro Days are scheduled way in advance so there was plenty of lead in time for arrangements to be made and I'm sure there are several VT alumns they could have brought in who would have been happy to help the program.

Yeah I realized that after that it was very like VTech's fault. What a blunder, jeez. Seemed like he still did decent, but a major blow for something like that to happen. They even had tape of the QB instructor worrying about whether that was okay or not. Very dumb mistake. Good for us hopefully.

I recall that back after the draft in which the Ravens picked him, Ozzie Newsome spoke on a local Baltimore show about how they felt they got a real steal. He spoke a little about what struck the morning of his Pro Day, but he said Taylor faced a long list of terrible misfortunes throughout the process, causing him to fall all the way well past his real value all the down to them in the 6th.

Yeah it's incredible someone with his numbers at a big time football school and his measurables fell all the way to the 6th round.

I have to admit, watching this video has influenced my opinion of Tyrod Taylor. I truly believed he was just another "mobile" Quarterback who couldn't sit in the pocket and read a Defense. Through the first two games, I got mixed results IMHO in large part due to guys being injured and according to Roman, no "game planning". I think I am now truly on the fence about who the starter should be (not that anyone is asking me). I will reserve final judgment until Saturday evening after I had a chance to watch the BILLS and Steelers and see who did more with less. I may just be Team Tyrod after I can see the game.

What happened?

I'm at work and cant see the videos posted

CBF

TT and his QB coach had his entire script for the Pro Day perfected, along with two Junior WRs at VTech doing the routes for him. Apparently underclassmen aren't allowed to actually run routes during Pro Days because of NCAA eligibility rules. TT's QB coach even mentioned a couple times he was surprised the underclass WRs were allowed to do it; they assured him they were told it was all set by VT administration. Someone F****ed up big time because on TT's Pro Day, with all 32 teams sending scouts, TT and his coach learn that the WR's TT had been rehearsing with could NOT do the Pro Day.

So TT has to do his routes with DBs and whoever else they could find--no WR's! And also no one TT had done routes with or thrown to. The QB coach had to literally walk through what the routes were with these guys because they had never done them before!

Pretty much a monstrous mistake on the most important day of TT's professional life. He still did well, but obviously not the same as with the guys he'd been preparing with and trusted and had played with on offense.

Edited by ko12010

What happened?

I'm at work and cant see the videos posted

CBF

A couple of juniors were intended to be his receivers and the school said that they could participate in his pro day and then changed their mind the day of. Edited by The Wiz

A couple of juniors were intended to be his receivers and the school said that they could participate in his pro day and then changed their mind the day of.

I have to think that this played a big part in his dropping as far as he did along with his height. Who the @^#% was Ricky Stanzi? Sounded like they thought the Bills were going to grab him at 5 but they took Johnny White instead.

Great video and I am excited about him being a part of the Bills!

I have to think that this played a big part in his dropping as far as he did along with his height. Who the @^#% was Ricky Stanzi? Sounded like they thought the Bills were going to grab him at 5 but they took Johnny White instead.

Great video and I am excited about him being a part of the Bills!

who the !@#$ is Ricky Stanzi? Who the !@#$ is Ricky STANZI?!?! Just the most patriotic college QB of all time!

You don't (or didn't back then) need mechanics when you're Michael Vick. You have superhuman ability to flick your wrist and throw a football 60 yards on a rope. If that doesn't work, you're the best athlete on the field, and you can just run it into the endzone instead.

If you think Vick has a strong arm, watch the video.

At one point Vick is working with Tyrod on the field and Vick specifically comments on how Tyrod has the arm strength to just throw the ball without properly setting up and using his body. Vick points out how he has to step into the throw, get set, worry about having a proper foundation, and that sort of thing in order to really gun the ball.

So that bodes well for Tyrod, as Vick is not exactly known for having a weak arm, and yet it was Vick who noticed what Tyrod could do and what Vick could not.

I watched the video 2 times the last couple days and it is so moving and emotional to watch yet exciting as I think the Bills actually found their QB of the future. It's painful to see how underrated this guy always has been and still is. I am really hoping he is our starting QB.

Yeah I realized that after that it was very like VTech's fault. What a blunder, jeez. Seemed like he still did decent, but a major blow for something like that to happen. They even had tape of the QB instructor worrying about whether that was okay or not. Very dumb mistake. Good for us hopefully.

Yeah it's incredible someone with his numbers at a big time football school and his measurables fell all the way to the 6th round.

I also hold his agent responsible. It's his job to make sure his client is seen in the most positive light. He didn't talk to VaTech at all to make sure that competent WRs would be present at the pro day? Can you picture this happening to a Drew Rosenhaus client? No chance.

The Bills with their genius plan - we got Johnny White AND Tyrod Taylor! It's a little painful to be here today hoping that he wins the job when we could (should) have had him for 4 years...

Really though, that was a great story - I would be happy if he (or EJ) was named starter. He would give the Bills a threat that they haven't had with his legs and with his rollout ability you would have to think he would fit well into a Roman Offense. It's gonna be a fun season! :beer:

This is a great watch. Do yourself a favor and take the 45 minutes or so and check out the video. I was behind this signing from day 1 and this video will make even the ones still questioning him a fan. Look, nobody knows how he is going to turn out in the end, but I just have this feeling that something really special might happen here.

Regardless, like I said, take the time to check out the video. It really is a pretty good piece.

The story of Tyrod Taylor is the story of the Bills ... undervalued and underappreciated by the national media. Just wait, everybody is going to regret letting Tyrod fall under the radar. Thanks for sharing this video.

Very well said.

TT is a great kid, and I love his parents. I feel the same way about EJ as well. I am pleasantly surprised with each of our QBs, and they each bring their own skill sets. I have not decided which guy I prefer to lead our offense, but I think I would be comfortable with TT, EJ, or Matt.

Go Bills.