Tyrod Taylor & E.J. get top 10 PFF grades through two games

pbanach

You can talk about playing against backups but you still have to make plays and be accurate. For the first time in years we're seeing that in preseason. Remember all the years we had to make excuses why we looked so terrible?

Nice to see you coming around

One thing I like about this analysis is that they account for dropped passes. EJ has hit a lot of receivers in the hands this preseason and had passes just flat out dropped. I want this kid to succeed and I want him to do it here. If it's not this year I hope we continue to develop him.

OK Get the firing squad ready

Gee I wonder ..... more Yards Per Play .... oh never mind'

In 59 snaps Manuel (+3.0) is ranked sixth overall behind Chase Daniel (KC), Scott Tolzien (GB), Ben Rothlisberger (PITT) Andrew Luck (INDY), and Drew Brees (NO) in that order.

Right behind him is Taylor (+2.7) who’s played 53 snaps, grades as the 10th overall quarterback and is the league’s top-rated rusher at the position.

E.J. has more attempts through the air as he’s 13 of 22 passing for 188 yards, two touchdowns and an 8.5 yds/att average while Taylor has connected on 12 of 18 passes for 114 yards and an average of 6.3 yds/att.

...... in Buffalo’s first preseason game against the Carolina Panthers, E.J. had two maybe three passes that were dropped by his receivers on what were catchable balls. On the stat sheet Manuel gets an incomplete pass attempt but through PFF he would most likely receive a positive mark since he did his job of putting the ball in a good spot.

So For those saying EJ is inaccurate ... Pleas try harder!!

Great Find by the way!!!

pbanach, on 25 Aug 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

http://nysportsbiz.com/2015/08/24/pff-tyrod-taylor-e-j-manuel-ranked-in-top-10-through-two-preseason-games/

I know it's only preseason, but both Taylor and Manuel are ranked in the top 10 QB's out of 111 players graded by Pro Football Focus. Against backups or not that's nothing but a good thing.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

http://nysportsbiz.com/2015/08/24/pff-tyrod-taylor-e-j-manuel-ranked-in-top-10-through-two-preseason-games/

I know it's only preseason, but both Taylor and Manuel are ranked in the top 10 QB's out of 111 players graded by Pro Football Focus. Against backups or not that's nothing but a good thing.

That's impossible since the Bills QB situation is the worst in the league - Nick Kostos of Bleacher Report says so and it must be true! It's so dire that our incompetent FO better be on the phone offering a fire sale of our best players to motivate another team to trade us their unproven backup.

You can talk about playing against backups but you still have to make plays and be accurate. For the first time in years we're seeing that in preseason. Remember all the years we had to make excuses why we looked so terrible?

It wasn't excuse back then. We really were vanilla. then we unleashed the real deal in the regular season.... super vanilla!

Backup in Green Bay I believe.

Yep. Wisconsin QB in 2010 when they played in the Rosebowl. UDFA, roster in San Diego and SF. One of these little guys who doesn't "look like you want your QB to look" in the NFL

Mediocre Wisconsin QB turned GB backup. Very bad in relief of Rodgers a couple years ago.

I dunno about "very bad in relief", but TBF he broke school records for completion percentage his senior year and was 4th nationally for completion percentage, won some QB award. I'm not a college football fan but I thought he was pretty good, actually.

Yep. Wisconsin QB in 2010 when they played in the Rosebowl. UDFA, roster in San Diego and SF. One of these little guys who doesn't "look like you want your QB to look" in the NFL

I dunno about "very bad in relief", but TBF he broke school records for completion percentage his senior year and was 4th nationally for completion percentage, won some QB award. I'm not a college football fan but I thought he was pretty good, actually.

perhaps "mediocre Wisconsin QB" is redundant. He was not a train wreck but nothing special. He was not asked to do anything but hand the ball off and convert 3rd and longs.

perhaps "mediocre Wisconsin QB" is redundant. He was not a train wreck but nothing special. He was not asked to do anything but hand the ball off and convert 3rd and longs.

Well, like I said, I'm not a college football fan but I was sharing a cubby with a die-hard Badgers fan that season so I got an eyeful. Kid passed for ~2500 yds and 16 yds his last 2 seasons, that ain't a passing juggernaut but it's more than handoffs and 3rd and long.

Well, like I said, I'm not a college football fan but I was sharing a cubby with a die-hard Badgers fan that season so I got an eyeful. Kid passed for ~2500 yds and 16 yds his last 2 seasons, that ain't a passing juggernaut but it's more than handoffs and 3rd and long.

he did nothing against good teams. Badger fans might have thought he was "good" at the time and his completion percentage was high because of all the dump offs to RBs but college stats are usually higher than NFL stats due to the cupcakes they play early and the state of the big 10 pre-2012. To put it in perspective. JT Barrett had 45 TDs last year. He is good. Tolzein was mediocre. Not bad as a whole vs crap teams. However he was very bad at times. Edited by YoloinOhio

Trent Edwards was a good preseason QB.

No Trent was a good training camp and practice QB. Basically anytime he had the red jersey on.

Mediocre Wisconsin QB turned GB backup. Very bad in relief of Rodgers a couple years ago.

His stat line is actually not horrible if you overlook the int:TD ratio... Completions and ypa are great, just too many completions to the other team.

No Trent was a good training camp and practice QB. Basically anytime he had the red jersey on.

His stat line is actually not horrible if you overlook the int:TD ratio... Completions and ypa are great, just too many completions to the other team.

i don't know his stat line but turnovers lose games in the NFL. In college you can sometimes overcome negative turnover margin as the talent gap can be very wide between teams. In the NFL the talent gap is so narrow between teams that turnovers usually are the difference. IMO Edited by YoloinOhio