Robert Woods Serious Trade Bait--conjecture

would have to be a 1st. The Packers may bite on that.

The Packers will not give up a 1st rounder for Woods. How do you people think of these things? And why do you want to weaken our team for a future draft pick? Don't we want to have good players to try and win games now?!

not a bad through. I was actually thinking about this yesterday (and was not intoxicated). But, we don't really have a solid #2 after Watkins. On the other hand, perhaps with Harvin and Clay that makes up for it. Then you factor in injuries. But if we get a #1, it makes it hard to pass up because it could be packaged and used to grab a QB if we need one, or if not, could be used on its own to replace Woods if need be. So, yeah, I'm conflicted.

Robert Woods!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we even discussing this......Woods is a valuable player to US

draft picks are crapshoot

OK I will play along then

In my opinion this is a flat out stupid idiotic idea

- What is the thing that has been holding us back from being a legit super bowl contender? Now....I know there will about 10 people that will say "quarterback" but lets look a little deeper then that....the qb is part of the offense therefore the OFFENSE is what has been holding us back.....and we are going to get better by trading away one of our best young talented wide receivers? WHY WOULD WE DO THAT

- Robert is on a nice cheap rookie contract......NOBODY is going to give us a first round pick for him so why would we help out another team by giving THEM a nice young talented receiver on a rookie contract.

I am trying to figure out if his is being drawn from what we did with Kiko Alonzo..........WE HAD A TOP 5 DEFENSE WITHOUT KIKO......and we traded him for a top 5 running back in the league.......our offense would definately feel the loss of Woods

This is not an option......

for trade bait you pitch him as a #1 guy in a better situation, with either a better QB or being considered the #1 (or both). Compare him to the breakout Antonio Brown had when Wallace left Pittsburgh.

As high as expectations are for this year, odds are quite high we're not winning it all. How often has a new coach done that? Truth is it will take a year or so to see what we have, and for the new staff to make all the changes they need. Having an additional 1st round pick next year would totally compliment that. If Woods projection will be around 600 yards this season, I have no problem trading that away given our depth

Right, so take a guy who is almost is the perfect definition of an NFL #2 receiver and sell him as a #1, because other teams are stupid like that. I mean most other teams don't have scouts, or film, or GMs with half a brain.

To the 2nd point, why my just trade Dareus then, if the Bills know they're not going to win it all. I mean, he'll definitely return a coveted #1 pick (unlike Woods), and he's been complaining lately.

Of course that's a joke. I don't think you'll find anyone on te the Bills leadership team who doesn't believe that this team isn't ready to win now. They won't trade players who they believe can help them win games this year, and Woods is one of those players.

You Had me right up to "offers a first"...

NFW any team offers a 1st. He's not a true #1. Might get a 3rd. I'd rather keep him for the 3rd we might get.

Not all firsts are equal. Without Benjamin, Panthers pick next year could easily be a top 10 while without Nelson the Packers pick next year would still be near the end of the first round, just to mention a couple of the teams discussed here. All that said, I doubt we could get a first unless someone has a van full of receivers run off a cliff.

M: Oh look, this isn't an argument.

A: Yes it is.

M: No it isn't. It's just contradiction.

A: No it isn't.

M: It is!

A: It is not.

M: Look, you just contradicted me.

A: I did not.

M: Oh you did!!

A: No, no, no.

M: You did just then.

A: Nonsense!

M: Oh, this is futile!

M: I came here for a good argument.

A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.

M: An argument isn't just contradiction.

A: It can be.

M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.

A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.

M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'

A: Yes it is!

M: No it isn't!

I don't know who M is but I think he's a bastard.

M: Oh look, this isn't an argument.

A: Yes it is.

M: No it isn't. It's just contradiction.

M: It is!

A: It is not.

M: Look, you just contradicted me.

A: I did not.

M: Oh you did!!

A: No, no, no.

M: You did just then.

A: Nonsense!

M: Oh, this is futile!

M: I came here for a good argument.

A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.

M: An argument isn't just contradiction.

A: It can be.

M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.

A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.

M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'

A: Yes it is!

M: No it isn't!

Fantastic. One of my favorite Monty Python skits of all time.

You're stuck in your own logical conundrum. If he's not that good why would anyone give up a 1st? And if he is that good, why would we want to go into the season without him?

I've already answered a number of times. I think he is good, not #1 good, but I think another team in a different situation may think he is #1 good....ready for a 1000+ yard season, and worth a 1st round pick. He's expendable here given run-first scheme, a lot of other guys needing the ball, and depth at WR Edited by JTSP

Hogan can replace him. In like 2 or 3 yrs he will have experience. Just all wait. Hogan is, like, the man. Something something hogan awesome.

Trading one of your teams best 22 players is always a mistake. His skillset is universal across different schemes and this makes him invaluable.

newton was on but his WRs were really letting him down. 1st team defense looked good too. That team will be ripe to make a trade and not let the season get away. Woods could thrive there

Stop it.

Rodgers can make YOU look like a #1 WR.

Thompson would never make this trade or any other like it.

Never mind it makes the Bills worse off.....geez.