Who gets traded?

djp14150

Because a team like Carolina, who are desperate, and paper thin at WR, may not want to roll the dice on whether they can get them. If we can't make a trade, then we don't (obviously), but if we can make a trade for someone who won't be on the team in September anyway, why wouldn't we?

I think Carolina should pick up Reggie Wayne, I do not care how old he is he can still contribute and good in the locker room. As for the topic I cannot see anyone trading for anyone we would be willing to get rid of. Unless they start considering salary cap loses next year ie Glenn, Bradham, McKelvin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose if Goodwin or Hogan were put on the block then you might get a team with a good record from last year who need some receiver depth offering you something (a low pick) as they'd be unlikely to get to them on waivers. However, I'd prefer to keep both myself and none of the other receivers have trade value.

not edgy. Compare the number of trades in the NFL to the 3 other majors and tell me what you see.

not the point, was interested in the responses to the OP topic.. thats all, just speaking for myself, but the usual . predictable glib comments gets tiring .. and your obvious jauron reference .. jeez.. hint.. get some new material.

Edited by dwight in philly

not the point, was interested in the responses to the OP topic.. thats all, just speaking for myself, but the usual . predictable glib comments gets tiring .. and your obvious jauron reference .. jeez.. hint.. get some new material.

that is my point. OP asked about who may get traded & I responded. If it helps I'll change my answer to no one of consequence.

OK, go ahead and contribute something meaningful to this thread already....

my only contribution was agreeing with someone who said brown for a possible 5th rd pick.. nothing earth shattering. just kind of going with the flow .. and certainly not witty , or cutting edge.. like "not trading marshawn lynch".. which i dont get.

Edited by dwight in philly

my only contribution was agreeing with someone who said brown for a possible 5th rd pick.. nothing earth shattering. just kind of going with the flow .. and certainly not witty , or cutting edge.. like "not trading marshawn lynch".. which i dont get.

Hmmm, your concrete, humorless approach suggests more Dwight in Scranton than Dwight in Philly, there, Rainn.

I think Carolina should pick up Reggie Wayne, I do not care how old he is he can still contribute and good in the locker room. As for the topic I cannot see anyone trading for anyone we would be willing to get rid of. Unless they start considering salary cap loses next year ie Glenn, Bradham, McKelvin

I think he's going to wait one more week before he signs anywhere... Let more injuries potentially happen, or allow teams to see that they are struggling at WR, then let the bidding war commence.... Plus he's like 50, he doesn't want to go to camp!

No one. Any smart GM will see the Bills are in a pinch at WR and RB and the Sept. 4th deadline will force the front office to show their hand. Opposing teams can get the guys we can't retain for free off of waivers.

Well of course that is not exactly correct. If the player hits the waiver wire of free agency then 31 other teams have a shot. A trade guarantees you get the player you want.

But you are right teams never trade bust middle linebackers for washed out former first round pass rushers...never happens...