Who gets traded?

djp14150

Well of course that is not exactly correct. If the player hits the waiver wire of free agency then 31 other teams have a shot. A trade guarantees you get the player you want.

But you are right teams never trade bust middle linebackers for washed out former first round pass rushers...never happens...

Well played!

and

can't we all just get along

and

Ralph is cheap...just saying

Go Bills!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why trade when any decent team can wait for the drop to 53 and pick up off waivers?

I seriously doubt we will see a trade like the NHL or MLB. I loved the Sheppard for Hughes trade, but how often do you see that happen, and what gem are you guys seeing that is underperforming on another team?

The point is decent teams can't wait for waivers because they are at the back of the line in terms of preference. Ultimately if a top team wants Goodwin or Hogan they would need to trade because they will be claimed off waivers by someone in a better position in the waivers queue - but the most they are offering you is a late round pick. They are not giving up a player that they think is in any way valuable.

I suppose if Goodwin or Hogan were put on the block then you might get a team with a good record from last year who need some receiver depth offering you something (a low pick) as they'd be unlikely to get to them on waivers. However, I'd prefer to keep both myself and none of the other receivers have trade value.

I really am not excited about either one of these boys.

Bills will likely be cutting some good WR's and DL's. With Panthers losing both Benjamin & Alexander would they take, say Hogan and Carrington, for something the Bills need? (Not sure what they'd be willing to give up that the Bills would want nor that Hogan & Carrington would be the odd men out, but a trade like that could make sense.)

Bills will likely be cutting some good WR's and DL's. With Panthers losing both Benjamin & Alexander would they take, say Hogan and Carrington, for something the Bills need? (Not sure what they'd be willing to give up that the Bills would want nor that Hogan & Carrington would be the odd men out, but a trade like that could make sense.)

I think we should be trying to accumulate late round picks we could bundle together to trade up in the first round, 2016, for a QB-- like Cook or Goth. We may also be able to get out from under some contact money, conceivably (I think?).

re: Thompson, he could be traded for a 6th, easily. A player for player trade would hardly be much for us, as they would be less likely to see the field then Thompson. We know Goodwin will get injured or someone else will. A 5 WR set is going to happen and you succeed when your guys are better then their guys. Thompson shows promise to be in the starting rotation for WR. He has had a spotty past off the field, so hopefully though, he knows he has to play.

Carolina, Arizona, SF are all smart choices to want such a talent as Thompson.

But, my money may be on Minnesota who could benefit with upgraded skill or Pittsburgh who Whaley already knows and is a factory for LB. Green Bay could use him.

The way Rex has talked I think the receivers that will make the roster will be the 6 guys we'd have all predicted before camp.

Which guys is that?

Only locks I know of are

Woods

Watkins

Harvin

Easley ( he will be our tallest WR @ 6'2")

I hope Thigpen finds a way to stick.

Goodwin / Hogan would be #5.

I would not be terribly surprised if we only keep 5 WR's, though.

No one. Any smart GM will see the Bills are in a pinch at WR and RB and the Sept. 4th deadline will force the front office to show their hand. Opposing teams can get the guys we can't retain for free off of waivers.

exactly. The only thing that would make sense would be a bundle from us. An example would be: Ej and Gragg to Washington for Cousins (That one won't happen now with RGIII injured but Washington needs tight ends). Something along those lines because otherwise they will just wait to see who we release

exactly. The only thing that would make sense would be a bundle from us. An example would be: Ej and Gragg to Washington for Cousins (That one won't happen now with RGIII injured but Washington needs tight ends). Something along those lines because otherwise they will just wait to see who we release

Who would want Cousins anyway? Besides that RGIII is back practicing as of today.

I think we should be trying to accumulate late round picks we could bundle together to trade up in the first round, 2016, for a QB-- like Cook or Goth. We may also be able to get out from under some contact money, conceivably (I think?).

I'd be fine w/ the Bills trading any of #54 on for picks. (Even probably the last few guys that are currently slotted in at 48 - 53 as there probably isn't too much separating them from the guys that'll just miss - though they'd better get more of mid-round guys for those ones.)