EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

WHY? the season turned in London when EJ single handedly screw it up with a 3 turnover nightmare in a matter of 5 minutes.

EJ simply can't get the clock in his head correct. He's late on throws far too often. He admits he sees it on the field but doesn't trust the read. That extra 1/2 second to 1 second makes all the difference. This is TT team, we need to play him and get him as much experience as possible. Not turn it over to a guy who is gonna get released. EJ should have played last year vs NE but Dougie boy wanted the 9-7 record.

I really kind of hate to do this since it's a dead horse IMO but there's this:

EJ did screw the pooch in London. He also brought the team back to a 4th quarter lead 31-27 before the D let them march down for 7. I'm not arguing "EJ for President" or anything, but don't quite understand how the one gets held against him while the fact that he didn't give up and played well in the 2nd half gets lost.

It's also a fact that Tyrod takes among the longest in the league to get the ball out, so he's not exactly "Quick Draw McGraw". I hope he will improve, but he will have limitations; even Bills Shill Chris Brown admits that Tyrod needs throwing lanes, or he can't see the middle of the field and that's one reason the Bills productivity has tanked in that area.

Again, I'm not arguing "EJ for President" (or for Bills QB) but too many here are ridiculous in their "this guy sucks, he's the worst ever" about any QB who doesn't have "proven Franchise guy" written all over him. It's not all EJ sucks and Tyrod da rock, man. I doubt EJ gets released as his salary next year is guaranteed. He may get traded for a 4th or 5th pick along with a reno to a vet minimum salary with conditional escalators - he has shown he can play in the NFL and shown flashes, and there is a huge shortage of QB who can say the same.

How many teams are down to their 3rd or 4th string or have been this year?

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really kind of hate to do this since it's a dead horse IMO but there's this:

EJ did screw the pooch in London. He also brought the team back to a 4th quarter lead 31-27 before the D let them march down for 7. I'm not arguing "EJ for President" or anything, but don't quite understand how the one gets held against him while the fact that he didn't give up and played well in the 2nd half gets lost.

It's also a fact that Tyrod takes among the longest in the league to get the ball out, so he's not exactly "Quick Draw McGraw". I hope he will improve, but he will have limitations; even Bills Shill Chris Brown admits that Tyrod needs throwing lanes, or he can't see the middle of the field and that's one reason the Bills productivity has tanked in that area.

Again, I'm not arguing "EJ for President" (or for Bills QB) but too many here are ridiculous in their "this guy sucks, he's the worst ever" about any QB who doesn't have "proven Franchise guy" written all over him. It's not all EJ sucks and Tyrod da rock, man. I doubt EJ gets released as his salary next year is guaranteed. He may get traded for a 4th or 5th pick along with a reno to a vet minimum salary with conditional escalators - he has shown he can play in the NFL and shown flashes, and there is a huge shortage of QB who can say the same.

How many teams are down to their 3rd or 4th string or have been this year?

Agreed, dead horse, but wasn't it a pick 6 by the D that gave us that lead, not EJ?

Agreed, dead horse, but wasn't it a pick 6 by the D that gave us that lead, not EJ?

There was indeed a pick-6 by the D in there, but the O scored 11 points in the 4th quarter including a chip-shot fieldgoal and a 58 yd pass to Easley. So I give the kid credit. He didn't fold up his tent and hang his head, he kept fighting.

But yes, dead horse. I just hate it that one always has to be extreme, lovers and haters, one can't give credit where it's due and justified criticism. If the D had freakin' stopped Bortles on that last drive, we might see the whole thing differently.

Edited by Hopeful

Why do you guys insist on trashing the backup? If you insist on pointing to the Jags game why not revisit the multiple INT game by TT in the first NE game where he also couldn't pull the team out of the large hole he dug. Same result was it not?

Please put it behind you. You will feel better for it

There was indeed a pick-6 by the D in there, but the O scored 11 points in the 4th quarter including a chip-shot fieldgoal and a 58 yd pass to Easley. So I give the kid credit. He didn't fold up his tent and hang his head, he kept fighting.

But yes, dead horse. I just hate it that one always has to be extreme, lovers and haters, one can't give credit where it's due and justified criticism. If the D had freakin' stopped Bortles on that last drive, we might see the whole thing differently.

I thought they had until that darn penalty on Robey for making a play on the ball...

No, he fumbled at the 6 and the Jags returned it for a TD. What's your point?

I was referring to the McCoy fumble at the Jacksonville 4 yard line. Different costly fumble. Looked it up, actually it was at the 1.

My point was that a lot of players made bad plays that day, not just one. An extra TD or even FG would have come in handy.

Edited by reddogblitz

Why do you guys insist on trashing the backup? If you insist on pointing to the Jags game why not revisit the multiple INT game by TT in the first NE game where he also couldn't pull the team out of the large hole he dug. Same result was it not?

Please put it behind you. You will feel better for it

In his last 12 starts EJ has 14 TD and 12 INT, in Tyrod's 12 starts he has 20 TD and 5 INT. As you've said though that's virtually the same right?

I was referring to the McCoy fumble at the Jacksonville 4 yard line. Different costly fumble. Looked it up, actually it was at the 1.

My point was that a lot of players made bad plays that day, not just one. An extra TD or even FG would have come in handy.

facts don't matter. no matter what every loss is on the backup.

In his last 12 starts EJ has 14 TD and 12 INT, in Tyrod's 12 starts he has 20 TD and 5 INT. As you've said though that's virtually the same right?

I am aware of that. But that wasn't my point. WINS AND LOSSES. Does it matter what the stats are if the team wins more than loses?

Since you insist - How many passes were thrown by the rookie and now 4 year Vet?

Why are you not discussing that horrible NE game by Tyrod? Because he rallied 19 points in the 4th? Guess what look who else rallied the team late in the JAX game.

You are more than willing to criticize the backup but not the starter. Why is that when the backup isn't challenging the starter?

Actually don't answer.

Merry Christmas. My wish is that people end the silliness.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

facts don't matter. no matter what every loss is on the backup.

I am aware of that. But that wasn't my point. WINS AND LOSSES. Does it matter what the stats are if the team wins more than loses?

Since you insist - How many passes were thrown by the rookie and now 4 year Vet?

Why are you not discussing that horrible NE game by Tyrod? Because he rallied 19 points in the 4th? Guess what look who else rallied the team late in the JAX game.

You are more than willing to criticize the backup but not the starter. Why is that when the backup isn't challenging the starter?

Actually don't answer.

Merry Christmas. My wish is that people end the silliness.

Yep.

I've read the arguments on EJ with playing time. We've had 16 regular season games with EJ and 10 pre-seasonwe know what we need on EJ. He's toast at the end of the year. I don't hate the guy, just don't want him in a Bills uniform ever again.

The argument on playing time is the exact reason to have TT out there. He's played in 12 regular season games. We've read from multiple people including me the parallels to other QB's in their first year and their stats. Manning, Rodgers and so on. TT has many strengths, and the thing i keep seeing is him holding the ball too long. He continues to make improvements on his progressions and the only way to improve is to play in game time speed.

If he finishes with two wins, then he can go into the off season with some momentum, while we most likely get him a capable veteran back up, and we draft someone for the future.