EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he's getting time with the first team vs Pittsburgh. After this game, they should make a decision internally. It's time.

Edit - is this for sure or did Rex just say he "might"?

Q - How will all 3 QB's get time with the starters in the Steelers game?

see links on TBD

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Somebody help me. I just don't understand the guys on WGRs morning show argument. They're saying EJ Manuel doesn't deserve a chance at winning the starting QB job for the Bills. They're saying EJ Manuel had his chance to take the starting QB job in OTAs, practice, training camp and in the scrimmage and didn't do it. Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't they still practicing? Aren't they still in training camp? Didn't EJ play the best in the scrimmage? Reports say that EJ wasn't showing well in OTAs and the early part of training camp, but reports also said that the others didn't fair so well either. Is it possible that after many days/weeks of practice the proverbial "light" may have come on for EJ. Is it something that the coaches saw in watching tape of practice that made them say hmmm. Maybe his poor showing in practices were the results of others not performing their duties correctly. I mean he has performed well when the lights were on in the preseason games with 3rd stringers. Even Sal says EJ has been the "best QB" in practice as of late. As a coach, after watching tape of his performances, wouldn't you want to see if he can continue to perform well with better talent around him? There must be something that's making them not make their announcement on the starter. I mean immediately after the Carolina game they announced Tyrod Taylor as the starter for the Cleveland game. What would it hurt to let him play a qtr with the starting unit against Pittsburgh? I'm not saying that EJ should be the game 1 starter at Indy, but it doesn't hurt to see how he shows with the rest of the starting unit.

Q - How will all 3 QB's get time with the starters in the Steelers game?

see links on TBD

Usually starters play 3 qtrs. Let them all play 1qtr.

Somebody help me. I just don't understand the guys on WGRs morning show argument. They're saying EJ Manuel doesn't deserve a chance at winning the starting QB job for the Bills. They're saying EJ Manuel had his chance to take the starting QB job in OTAs, practice, training camp and in the scrimmage and didn't do it. Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't they still practicing? Aren't they still in training camp? Didn't EJ play the best in the scrimmage? Reports say that EJ wasn't showing well in OTAs and the early part of training camp, but reports also said that the others didn't fair so well either. Is it possible that after many days/weeks of practice the proverbial "light" may have come on for EJ. Is it something that the coaches saw in watching tape of practice that made them say hmmm. Maybe his poor showing in practices were the results of others not performing their duties correctly. I mean he has performed well when the lights were on in the preseason games with 3rd stringers. Even Sal says EJ has been the "best QB" in practice as of late. As a coach, after watching tape of his performances, wouldn't you want to see if he can continue to perform well with better talent around him? There must be something that's making them not make their announcement on the starter. I mean immediately after the Carolina game they announced Tyrod Taylor as the starter for the Cleveland game. What would it hurt to let him play a qtr with the starting unit against Pittsburgh? I'm not saying that EJ should be the game 1 starter at Indy, but it doesn't hurt to see how he shows with the rest of the starting unit.

We

Go

Rouge

We need to understand how much the coaches have seen of these guys. The coaches have seen every snap probably 5+ times from every angle. They know at this point, how many bad throws, good throws, bad reads, good reads, etc... that every QB has made in every practice, drill, game, etc... At this point they certainly have a 1, a 2 and a 3. Depending on how close they are will depend on whether or not it can change. It sounds like as of last week Roman was firmly a Cassel guy. Did the other guys do enough to close that gap?

This isn't some mystery at this point to the coaching staff. You can read into the reps that the guys are getting.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Anything in the world more annoying than the Ej lovers who call people that watch the games haters?

Hey Ej lovers. We get it. Your posts 3 months ago and today look the same.

Shoutout to the Ej lovers. Keep that old info coming

Corrected.

Corrected.

Try again. Your last few posts are a shining example of Ej Manuel drivel with no facts.

There are videos on the Internet on this place called buffalo bills.com if you want to get caught up to speed on the topic. Or you could just repeat your outdated facts w some lame Ej themed cheap shot. Whatever floats your boat.

Sorry Ej's improvement causes you pain.

30 pages of back and forth about this QB or that. You guys are making a distinction without a difference. All 3 are sub-par in their own special way and none of them will demonstrably affect the W/L record this year. But by all means keep going this has been thoroughly enjoyable. If I had a big bag of popcorn I'd be complete.

WGR says it's over for EJ and the competition is down to Cassel and Tyrod. Never doubt them because they're always accurate.

10+ years ago I believed a story they told and I repeated it at work. The next day I was being laughed at because the WGR report was so far from the truth it hurt.

Never Again!!

10+ years ago I believed a story they told and I repeated it at work. The next day I was being laughed at because the WGR report was so far from the truth it hurt.

Never Again!!

WGR’s steadfast "there's no debate, EJ is #3 and way behind" opinion is clearly in the minority according to their own poll. Yet they’d look at the majority as if they had three heads because they want to see EJ with the ones against the Steelers…LOL

We need to understand how much the coaches have seen of these guys. The coaches have seen every snap probably 5+ times from every angle. They know at this point, how many bad throws, good throws, bad reads, good reads, etc... that every QB has made in every practice, drill, game, etc... At this point they certainly have a 1, a 2 and a 3. Depending on how close they are will depend on whether or not it can change. It sounds like as of last week Roman was firmly a Cassel guy. Did the other guys do enough to close that gap?

This isn't some mystery at this point to the coaching staff. You can read into the reps that the guys are getting.

Okay Kirby, then explain the reps reported from practice yesterday. Reportedly Taylor got NO reps in 2 min drill. Does that mean he's falling behind?

Okay Kirby, then explain the reps reported from practice yesterday. Reportedly Taylor got NO reps in 2 min drill. Does that mean he's falling behind?

Then there is this from the WRG site:

Manuel ran a very good two-minute offense, moving the team into scoring position, but then threw an interception to cornerback Mario Butler. Manuel and Matt Simms were the only QBs to throw interceptions. Simms threw one and Manuel threw two (the other was to safety Wes Miller). However, the INT EJ threw to Butler was clearly a miscommunication between him and wide receiver Tobais Palmer. But after the play, Manuel was very dejected. His head and arms were hanging in a manner I’ve never seen from him before. You have to wonder if, at this point, being the third QB with what seems to be virtually no opportunity to move up, is weighing on him and his confidence, even though he’s played well as of late.

http://www.wgr550.com/Dareus-sits-out-Jackson-takes-charge/21888703

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso