EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

LA? What?

Oh no, he didn't get help? Besides a defense only allowing 16 points? And 100 yards rushing? Hard knock life.

And 2 running backs that total about 160 yards in that game and the game prior. Also making a QB throw that you don't trust 44 times in a game seems smart to me. I don't know about you. Which brings me back to my original point. I think Marrone was playing EJ to lose so he could bench him.

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So was Detroit's D. Guess who won?

Also, the best way to stop defenders from blitzing over and over and over is by making them pay for it.

See below.

their body language was probably from the dropped passes in those games

This.

EJ was 2-2, but played so bad he was basically responsible for loses in week 3 and 4. One good thing Marrone did was have the balls to cut the cord on EJ, for the franchise, immediately and not let the train wreck waste more years ....

Week 3 against the Chargers, EJ was 23/39 for 238 and a TD. He took 3 sacks and fumbled once, but did not lost that fumble. He also ran 5 times for 24 yards.

Please, help me understand how he was "responsible" for the SD loss.

And 2 running backs that total about 160 yards in that game and the game prior. Also making a QB throw that you don't trust 44 times in a game seems smart to me. I don't know about you.

When you're down 6 in the 4th Q, you have to throw the ball. Be better. It's your job.

See below.

This.

Huh?

When you're down 6 in the 4th Q, you have to throw the ball. Be better. It's your job.

Huh?

And how bout that Miami game? Either one. EJ did his job and Orton looked like crap (just like the LA game but he put up 300+ yards so he did his job right). Apparently it's the QB's fault if your running backs can't do anything on the group now?

I do sometimes wonder if you are just trolling or are actually against EJ become better. You are a damn good troll if it's the prior.

And he was saying that the players were more pissed with themselves over dropping the passes than with the throw from EJ.

Edited by The Wiz

Huh?

There an obvious DPI, or at least illegal contact, on Woods that wasn't called during that last drive where EJ got INT'd. And I was referring to the 5 dropped passes by his receivers.

There an obvious DPI, or at least illegal contact, on Woods that wasn't called during that last drive where EJ got INT'd. And I was referring to the 5 dropped passes by his receivers.

Drops, pressure and a missed call? Unbelievable. Are we sure all three of those can happen in a game?

And how bout that Miami game? Either one. EJ did his job and Orton looked like crap (just like the LA game but he put up 300+ yards so he did his job right). Apparently it's the QB's fault if your running backs can't do anything on the group now?

I do sometimes wonder if you are just trolling or are actually against EJ become better. You are a damn good troll if it's the prior.

And he was saying that the players were more pissed with themselves over dropping the passes than with the throw from EJ.

"Apparently it's the QB's fault if your running backs can't do anything on the group now?"

What? On what planet is 100 yards on the ground "can't do anything?" What are you even arguing? Who is blaming the QB for a poor running game?

EJ was decent against Miami, and did his job enough to win when the rest of the team was playing lights out. Agreed.

Drops, pressure and a missed call? Unbelievable. Are we sure all three of those can happen in a game?

Drops sure, about 2-3 per game, not 5. Pressure, absolutely. About 5-7 time a game, not 19(I believe that's what the count was). Missed calls, depends on if we're playing the Pats or not but I'll say about 2 per game. Can you say that it wasn't PI?

Edited by The Wiz

Drops sure, about 2-3 per game, not 5. Pressure, absolutely. About 5-7 time a game, not 19(I believe that's what the count was). Missed calls, depends on if we're playing the Pats or not but I'll say about 2 per game. Can you say that it wasn't PI?

What was the average number of drops and pressures per game in the 2014 season for the Bills?

Here's some videos for you guys

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdp4YJeARGw&itct=CAkQpDAYCSITCMT04qyiw8cCFZaqvgodn7gJ0DIHcmVsYXRlZEiV65-QnYCD0pIB

Chan, this ones for you. Notice the pass protection!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kqQMAdIH9ZU

I really like these videos. EJ really didn't play that bad. And like Rex said, when given protection he's not bad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3c5HTvR1dts

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=05iEcMtyHzM

Here's some videos for you guys

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdp4YJeARGw&itct=CAkQpDAYCSITCMT04qyiw8cCFZaqvgodn7gJ0DIHcmVsYXRlZEiV65-QnYCD0pIB

Chan, this ones for you. Notice the pass protection!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kqQMAdIH9ZU

I really like these videos. EJ really didn't play that bad. And like Rex said, when given protection he's not bad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3c5HTvR1dts

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=05iEcMtyHzM

It's pretty remarkable, after watching those videos, that people call for EJ's head so often. A 14 game career, all played in some of the poorest game planned offense I've ever seen, and he looked perfectly fine.

I'm starting to think that the people that hate EJ the most are simply obsessed with when he was drafted. There's no way you could be done with a quarterback like EJ at this point in his career unless you truly had a vendetta against him.

I hope Taylor works out, I really do, but it does seem like the logical thing here would be to play EJ this season and watch him progress as he gains valuable experience.

Edited by fridge

Watt is great but his performance on that day was fueled by EJ. The INT was nice that Watt finished but it was an unforgivable throw.

How?? I suggest you watch aforementioned videos!!

Everyone makes good throws on occasion.

There isn't a single NFL QB who doesn't have some nice highlights.

What is EJ's biggest weapon that should scare a defense?[/quote

Find me a "bust" QB with 15 games of "nice" highlights!! How about Jamarcus first 15 or Ryan Leaf's first 15.

What is EJ's biggest weapon that should scare a defense?

I watched EJ

-dive into two Dlinemens knees

-hit Watkins in the knees (and the guy called it a drop, lol.)

-6 yard overthrow to a completely covered Robert Woods while an open receiver runs across middle

-step up in the pocket well and then gets sacked, while the video does not show any receivers downfield (I'm sure the guy who claims the media is "stifling the truth" is completely unbiased here.)

-another Watkins foot throw (a drop lol)

-EJ throwing behind Woods on a slant (yes he got pressured, but had time to complete the pass)

-another pass to Chandler hitting him in the shins ( he stops and dives to catch it, but it was on a broken scramble so I get that)

-with a very clean pocket, overthrows by 6 yards because a defensive lineman raises an arm (woah)

-good throws to Watkins back to back on 6 yarders

-EJ with a clean pocket overthrows Watkins by 3 yards, Watkins barely gets one hand on it by jumping.

-another good short throw to Watkins wide open.

-EJ throws slant behind receiver, allowing corner to get a hand on it

-throws it early and short when pressured

-Watkins wide open 20 yards down field, with two defenders keying on Woods short, EJ throws to Woods, who gets killed from behind

-throws low at the end of the half, Fred has to stop, come back and crouch to catch it, time runs out

-Watt runs in front of EJ, pick six

-EJ throws the ball 5 yards OOB on a roll out with a wide open Chandler in front of him

-Woods wide open with 2 recievers downfield to block incoming defenders, throws low quick out to Sammy which CB breaks up

-Screen pass to Woods, EJ throws at his knees, Woods has to bend low to catch it, giving defender time to cause minimal gain

-EJ on the run, throws at the foot and behind receiver, no catch

-EJ with clean pocket, throws short to Woods

-Good throwaway on the goal line

-EJ throws the Chandler, clean pocket, defender gets there in time to break it up

-EJ takes a hit but has time to throw, 5 yards past and to the right of reciever

-broken play TD, nice

-EJ misses Chandler on quick out

-clean pocket - EJ throws ball OOB, inteded for Williams on sideline

-EJ overthrows for game ending pick

I didn't include successful screens because, well, you better be able to throw that pass.

I will give EJ this, Mike Williams sucked that game. He had the broken TD, but outside of that, he was garbage. Without seeing All-11 players, I can't make as accurate comments as I would like.

Edited by FireChan

What is EJ's biggest weapon that should scare a defense?

Those aren't highlights. It's every pass from the entire game.