EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

If EJ had 15 games of nice highlights he would have never been benched last season.

He's made some nice throws here and there.

Again: what is EJ's major weapon that you as an opposing DC need to worry about hurting you?

Major weapon? Did you get confused and accidentally post on here thinking you were logged into your MAGIC The Gathering board?

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major weapon? Did you get confused and accidentally post on here thinking you were logged into your MAGIC The Gathering board?

I think he meant, "What part of EJ's game is very good?" Like what part would you be afraid of him beating you with as an opposing DC?

Tyrod would probably be his legs, for example.

Edited by FireChan

Right. Because it's totally dumb to not buy into EJ Manuel! I must be a blind hater not to see that he obviously is a good QB.

It will be funny to watch you guys turn on him like a pack of wolves when the team cuts bait on him. Just like with Trent and Fitz.

I think he meant, "What part of EJ's game is very good?" Like what part would you be afraid of him beating you with as an opposing DC?

Thank you! I mistakenly assumed that was obvious.

Of course, when the question is unpleasant one can always just attack the person asking it rather than consider the answer.

This is almost like Fitzpatrick, except Ole Fitzy had some games where he got red hot and threw for 400 yds and 4TD.

I can at least get why people fell so hard for him.

EJ is just someone to put your hopes into despite the lack of results.

It's not that he doesn't understand, he knows there isn't a good answer so he's trying to mock the question as if it isn't a basic sports topic.

Athletes have defining traits that make them weapons for their teams. If all this is new let me suggest that you don't have to defend the Bills honor over their 3rd string QB.

They agree with me.

curious, have you gone a day in the last 2 years here you haven't trashed EJ?

The "seeing on tape" comment by EJ Manuel was referring to the coaches watching the tape! Not for other teams to scout. The inference made in that comment for other teams to watch/view is dumb and misleading.

G-Ro, in an interview on WGR, spoke of how they watch "tape" after practices. Don't understand how it is misinterpreted?

I swear it is almost as if EJ is wearing a sign out there that says "Please blitz me. I want to fold under pressure. It's what I do. Maybe I'll give you a sack or even a sack fumble. How bout it?"

Pettine knows exactly how to beat EJ, and my guess is that the rest of the league is getting very wise to it also.

Yeah, you're right. Look at the final score. Oh....wait! If Pettine knows how to beat EJ, what happened?

EJ did not deal well with pressure as a rookie. IMHO Roman has been sending EJ out with the 3's to play against the 1's D because he wants him to learn how to play under pressure, and it seems to be working. He had a lot of pressure from Cleveland and he beat them.

Yeah, you're right. Look at the final score. Oh....wait! If Pettine knows how to beat EJ, what happened?

EJ did not deal well with pressure as a rookie. IMHO Roman has been sending EJ out with the 3's to play against the 1's D because he wants him to learn how to play under pressure, and it seems to be working. He had a lot of pressure from Cleveland and he beat them.

Right, because Cleveland so gameplanned for that preseason game. Preseason games mean nothing. Who was that RB the Bills had a few years back who led the preseason in yards and was unstoppable, only to be cut? They mean nothing.

It's not that he doesn't understand, he knows there isn't a good answer so he's trying to mock the question as if it isn't a basic sports topic.

Athletes have defining traits that make them weapons for their teams. If all this is new let me suggest that you don't have to defend the Bills honor over their 3rd string QB.

They agree with me.

Fact: EJ Manuel has 2 TDs and a 2 point conversion this preseason, Taylor and Cassel both have zip.
Fact: EJ Manuel has looked better under Roman’s system.
Fact: EJ Manuel has proven he can get better.
This of course means nothing in terms of whether he is capable of being an NFL starting QB, but anyone who still mocks Manuel just because he didn’t speed up his development in time to win the starting job (if that ends up being the case) is being just plain goofy IMO. I know that “EJ sucks” is 100% the local media’s narrative (see WGR), but they are idiots. They just want to wrap a big bow on the EJ era and be done with it. However, that’s not how things sort out in situations like this. Some young NFL players develop slower than others (see Jerry Hughes), games happen, injuries happen, opportunities happen. If EJ fails to win the starting job because he lost a competition in which all three QBs played well, how exactly does that make EJ a figure to mock? How does this make him a joke?
What specific traits does Manuel have? IMO he throws a great deep ball down the middle of the field. He did it in college and he knows how to do it in the NFL. Another trait? The guy seems to be clutch in 2 minute situations and in the 4th quarter of tight games. Yes the sample size is small, but these are traits that I see. Is he an erratic passer? Yes he is, and that will never change. That doesn’t mean he can’t eventually be a franchise QB because it sounds like this training camp he’s either way off or he’s right on the money with the throw. I do think you can become a franchise QB and still be an erratic passer. You just have to have those clutch qualities of being accurate when the game is on the line.
I will be all on board the Tyrod Taylor train if he’s the guy picked because I see some Russell Wilson in his game. I do like the guy. But that means nothing in regards to what Manuel will eventually become in this league since EJ is still getting better as a QB. Manuel is still developing even if he doesn't win the job. This is a fact that's beyond disputing and EJ should be getting respect from non-EJ fans for his showing signs of improvement. There's great chance that you'll be proven right about EJ, but at least wait till he stinks in a real game under these new coaches and system. He really has yet to suck other than a few bad practices. He's looked good in the preseason games.

Fact: EJ Manuel has 2 TDs and a 2 point conversion this preseason, Taylor and Cassel both have zip.
This of course means nothing in terms of whether he is capable of being an NFL starting QB, but anyone who still mocks Manuel just because he didn’t speed up his development in time to win the starting job (if that ends up being the case) is being just plain goofy IMO. I know that “EJ sucks” is 100% the local media’s narrative (see WGR), but they are idiots. They just want to wrap a big bow on the EJ era and be done with it. However, that’s not how things sort out in situations like this. Some young NFL players develop slower than others (see Jerry Hughes), games happen, injuries happen, opportunities happen. If EJ fails to win the starting job because he lost a competition in which all three QBs played well, how exactly does that make EJ a figure to mock? How does this make him a joke?
What specific traits does Manuel have? IMO he throws a great deep ball down the middle of the field. He did it in college and he knows how to do it in the NFL. Another trait? The guy seems to be clutch in 2 minute situations and in the 4th quarter of tight games. Yes the sample size is small, but these are traits that I see. Is he an erratic passer? Yes he is, and that will never change. That doesn’t mean he can’t eventually be a franchise QB because it sounds like this training camp he’s either way off or he’s right on the money with the throw. I do think you can become a franchise QB and still be an erratic passer. You just have to have those clutch qualities of being accurate when the game is on the line.
I will be all on board the Tyrod Taylor train if he’s the guy picked because I see some Russell Wilson in his game. I do like the guy. But that means nothing in regards to what Manuel will eventually become in this league since EJ is still getting better as a QB. Manuel is still developing even if he doesn't win the job. This is a fact that's beyond disputing and EJ should be getting respect from non-EJ fans for his showing signs of improvement. There's great chance that you'll be proven right about EJ, but at least wait till he stinks in a real game under these new coaches and system. He really has yet to suck other than a few bad practices. He's looked good in the preseason games.

Exhibit A: I'll bet the Colts wished they hadn't been so impatient with Jerry Hughes.

Fact 1 - incorrect - TT had two against Carolina

Fact 2 - incorrect - otheriwse he'd be getting the reps and this competition would be over - Fact is he is 3rd on depth chart because he looks the worst. 1 good throw a game doesn't make up for the other 10 miscues (fumbles, bad throws, etc...)

Fact 3 - He has proven he can't get worse, whether he has progressed is part of the whole discussion.