Dungy adjusted to Patriots bugging lockerroom

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL quickly renewed their agreement with the Officials to give the Patriots the benefit of the doubt on every call (plus five random non benefit of the doubt calls of their choosing) for the next five years.

Makes sense...

The NFL is now neck deep in Patriot** poo covering up for them. At first it was all about "protecting the shield," but Belichick and Kraft figured out that they could do whatever they wanted and the NFL would have to sweep it all under the rug. After all what professional sports league would want it exposed that one of its best teams cheated their way to four titles? Can you imagine the sh!t storm if the truth ever came out? How many billions in sports bets would be called into question?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Wasn't there another one where Pats coaches send signals to Brady's helmet DURING a play. Like "look left Gronk open". Brady turns and throws. Amazing how he always find receivers wide open

This was a good one, too. Four different teams complained that their headsets went out mysteriously in the middle of fourth quarter drives.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/15/patriots-have-been-accused-of-tampering-with-communications-before/

When asked about it, Marvin Lewis just said, "Oh, yeah, that happened to me, too,"

I faced this problem in a professional setting. There are very accurate devices team security can use to detect and find such bugs. If this problem is real, which I don't doubt, the suspecting team should do what it can to uncover it.

If true and the bugs could be found, this could be a totally awesome way to turn it to the Pats* disadvantage. Record your coaches giving details of plays and plans - only make it completely misleading.

That would be so sweet.

The NFL is now neck deep in Patriot** poo covering up for them. At first it was all about "protecting the shield," but Belichick and Kraft figured out that they could do whatever they wanted and the NFL would have to sweep it all under the rug. After all what professional sports league would want it exposed that one of its best teams cheated their way to four titles? Can you imagine the **** storm if the truth ever came out? How many billions in sports bets would be called into question?

The bets won't be called into question. It is sports entertainment and at this point it is getting closer to wwe than anything else.

That said this is just like a cheating spouse. If you take them back you are giving them carte blanche to do it again.

If true and the bugs could be found, this could be a totally awesome way to turn it to the Pats* disadvantage. Record your coaches giving details of plays and plans - only make it completely misleading.

That would be so sweet.

Pats fans would claim this was a sting operation conducted by the NFL and that it's obvious the Pats did nothing wrong. Which WEO will immediately and repeatedly support. ;)

That would be so sweet.

it seems the obvious answer is once you "know it" you can play back at them

we seem to think we know, and weve never played against them

well wait, how do you want these players to respond to this survey? by their actual interactions, behind-closed-doors discussions pertaining to the Pats*** or to what they're reading from the media? because if it's the latter then the survey doesn't matter, and it makes the fact that they're NFL players moot. that stat matters because of their access, which I assume they are using when weighing in. and, if that's the case, actual experience playing the team/for the team and being in the league for a number of years matters.

"we" seem to think so because we're huge homers and swim in confirmation bias at TBD.

well wait, how do you want these players to respond to this survey? by their actual interactions, behind-closed-doors discussions pertaining to the Pats*** or to what they're reading from the media? because if it's the latter then the survey doesn't matter, and it makes the fact that they're NFL players moot. that stat matters because of their access, which I assume they are using when weighing in. and, if that's the case, actual experience playing the team/for the team and being in the league for a number of years matters.

"we" seem to think so because we're huge homers and swim in confirmation bias at TBD.

i think your giving way too much thought to 100 random players being asked "do you think the patriots cheated?"

some will be rival teams that hate them, some will be guys that couldnt tell you what state the pats play in, some could even be patriots i suppose. take it with the same grain of salt you would any other nfl player survey.

It's really true. They are total scumbags and it's way more than gamesmanship and every team does it and all the other bull **** excuses. They cheat. Repeatedly. There are endless accusations. Dungy is not the kind of guy to bad mouth an organization for no reason. Maybe this really is the NFL saying enough is enough.

I'm thinking that too. Dungy just doesn't do this. He's alway on the high road. It seemed really wanted to make this point about the Patriots. If he's speaking up, it should become a big issue.

Time to pound this team into the ground this year. Both times.

exactly. we need to punish these punks on the field.

they oughta just change their uniforms to all black and embrace the low-life villain image they've built for themselves. they're everyone's most hated team now.

Teams should start talking about themselves cheating in the pats locker room to see what happens. They don't actually cheat but just talk about something....rex would be like...alright here's what we have from the wire tap I put in Belichicks office. Then see how long it takes the pats to leak something about that.