Danny Shelton vs. Eric Wood

NishP

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had Shelton as the best defensive player in the draft. So I am not shocked that he got the best of Wood on a play, However Wood needs to progress, Incog looks like a capable guard, Miller and Cyrus seem to be progressing into solid players and Glenn is what we thought he was going to be. Wood needs to step it up a bit.

I hate to be the voice of sanity here

They are doing a one on one drill.....in which Wood is matched against a player about what....40 pounds heavier then him?

There was no QB.....so Shelton just drove Wood straight back.....who while he lost leverage did not lose his feet....

Wood lost the physical battle.....he also never became disengaged with Shelton the entire time

And he didnt fall down.....

Well Wood is an average NFL Center and Shelton is already an above average run stuffing nose tackle that probably will develop into one of the best in the league at his position. Everytime Wood has faced a top 10 defensive tackle in the last few seasons, he's looked bad. Get ready to see Suh wreak havoc twice this season but at least Wilfork won't do it anymore. The Bills need to look to upgrade here at some point.

Is it me or did Wood do his job? At this level your not pancaking d-line men every play. Wood had him engaged and the play went right by Shelton. I would be more worried if he shed Wood right off and made a play.

Is it me or did Wood do his job? At this level your not pancaking d-line men every play. Wood had him engaged and the play went right by Shelton. I would be more worried if he shed Wood right off and made a play.

No it is me too, Eric just gets a bad name on the board because he isn't Andy Levitry (damn I know I spelled that wrong but I forget) and the Bills didn't lose him. If he was on another team he'd be a god.

The play I assume would have gone past (it is a drill so who knows) but he wasn't really beat. And yea that Shelton kid is for real Eric won't be the only one he beats this year. Looks like a young version of Meatball to me, comes off the ball like a cannon.