NFL Executive: Tyrod Taylor likely to be Bills starting QB

pbanach

I know its a hot topic and all but i am thrilled that there are 2 QBs at look better than anyone else that the bills have had in years.

But, the only opinion that counts is Rex's. He will start the QB that gives us the best chance to win.

Lastly, I think QB by committee is the way to go, let the opponents game plan for two different QBs in one week.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://nysportsbiz.com/2015/08/18/former-nfl-presidentceo-tyrod-taylor-likely-to-be-bills-starting-qb/

You buying it? Current Atl Falcons consultant Joe Banner says Taylor should be starter if not at start of yr then soon after..

Joe Banner, hmmmm, hrrrrrrrrum (rummage, rummage, rummage) - isn't he the Browns CEO who hired Rob Chudzinski, the coach who got fired 1 year later before Banner, too, was shown the door or left?

Maybe we should be interested in the football judgement of chaps whose football record is a mite better than that.

If he develops as a pocket passer, this offense is the perfect fit for him, and vice-versa. With the heavy dose of the run, our weapons in the receiving game, and his ability to make things happen on the run (ala Doug Flutie/Michael Vick/Russell Wilson), we become a threat in the playoffs if he's a consistent producer.

Edited by BmarvB

It's likely either Taylor or Cassel......right? We all can say the same thing without being an NFL executive.

but it wouldn't matter.

Like that whole tree falling in the woods with no one around to hear it scenario.

We're all just trees in the woods.

If he develops as a pocket passer, this offense is the perfect fit for him, and vice-versa. With the heavy dose of the run, our weapons in the receiving game, and his ability to make things happen on the run (ala Doug Flutie/Michael Vick/Russell Wilson), we become a threat in the playoffs if he's a consistent producer.

Russell Wilson really had an exceptional year I think.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14881/russell-wilson

Problem is, for every Russell Wilson, you have like 5 RG3s.

I kind of got the impression he was pressing Cassell for the job and doing a very good job of it...but not that the job was his or that he displaced Cassell in any way. I think he COULD make a challenge for the job on Thursday and overtake Cassell with a good to great performance. If he doesn't the hunt goes on. If TT blows it I suspect Ryan will commit to Cassell as it is getting toward time in the preseason where the one and two should be identified. I'm kind of hoping for Taylor, but it is too early to say he is ahead of Cassell.

EJ on the other hand is pretty clearly odd man out--at least as far as the #1 and #2 slots go.

So glad he, and everyone else is ready to hang the season on a guy that has thrown 35 career passes.

Well what QB comes into the league with loads of game experience? To me, Tyrod is better than a rookie. You actually do learn a lot being a backup on a good team.

I kind of got the impression he was pressing Cassell for the job and doing a very good job of it...but not that the job was his or that he displaced Cassell in any way. I think he COULD make a challenge for the job on Thursday and overtake Cassell with a good to great performance. If he doesn't the hunt goes on. If TT blows it I suspect Ryan will commit to Cassell as it is getting toward time in the preseason where the one and two should be identified. I'm kind of hoping for Taylor, but it is too early to say he is ahead of Cassell.

EJ on the other hand is pretty clearly odd man out--at least as far as the #1 and #2 slots go.

I respect everyone's opinion (mostly) but I have a hard time getting my mind around putting in a QB who has never started an NFL game... if you have a viable option? I hope Cassel IS viable.

Edited by San-O

My concern with Taylor is whether he can stay healthy. He runs a lot and needs to in order to be effective, but he's not as big as guys like Newton or Kaepernick so the chance of injuries are a concern to me.

Edited by vincec

My concern with Taylor is whether he can stay healthy. He runs a lot and needs to in order to be effective, but he's not as big as guys like Newton or Kaepernick so the chance of injuries are a concern to me.

I don't believe Taylors size has any bearing on his risk for injury.

http://nysportsbiz.com/2015/08/18/former-nfl-presidentceo-tyrod-taylor-likely-to-be-bills-starting-qb/

You buying it? Current Atl Falcons consultant Joe Banner says Taylor should be starter if not at start of yr then soon after..

Banner is the George Costanza of the Falcons front office: whatever he recommends their GM does the exact opposite.