EJ Manuel confidence meter

EJ confidence meter  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds of EJ becoming a "franchise" QB in 2015?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cassel has NEVER been a Franchise QB and never will. Tyrod won't either based on what I have seen. EJ likely won't get the chance, but if he did even if he did...he would not be a FQB in 2015. I stand by my 0%.

Cassel has played at the Alex Smith level before (2008 & 2010). Please look back at those years.

The chance for 90% of almost any non franchise QB to become a franchise QB this season is about 5% IMO. There just aren't many franchise QBs and it's extremely hard and several things have to happen right for you even if you're very good.

A number one overall like Jameis is a little higher, which is what I meant by the 90% figure, but it's not good.

That one took me a second, but I think I got it.

Cassel has played at the Alex Smith level before (2008 & 2010). Please look back at those years.

I know all about 2008 and 2010. Neither Alex Smith nor Cassel are FQBs regardless of mixing in a couple of good seasons here and there in otherwise mediocre or worse careers. 0% still!

I know all about 2008 and 2010. Neither Alex Smith nor Cassel are FQBs regardless of mixing in a couple of good seasons here and there in otherwise mediocre or worse careers. 0% still!

So you wouldn't be happy with 3,116 yards, 58.2% completion, 27 TDs and 7 INTs in 15 games? I'm not saying that it is likely again but it has happened. Edited by Kirby Jackson

So you wouldn't be happy with 3,116 yards, 58.2% completion, 27 TDs and 7 INTs in 15 games? I'm not saying that it is likely again but it has happened.

I'd love that with the way this team is set up. He still wouldn't be a FQB with those numbers. Based on what I've seen from him in the last several seasons, I do not expect that. Can he turn back the clock? Possible, but not probable. Let's hope I'm wrong.

EJ's kinda turning into the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. I've been a strong supporter of his but I'm starting to waver this year and trusting Rex is going to do the best for the team. His chances, as much as I wish it could be different, seem pretty slim. I'm also thinking at this rate he will not be on this team in 2016. If this is gonna be the way things go, I don't think I even want him on the team anymore. I'm choosing 1-25%

post-20932-0-13118200-1439861395_thumb.jpg

Edited by mastershake

I'd love that with the way this team is set up. He still wouldn't be a FQB with those numbers. Based on what I've seen from him in the last several seasons, I do not expect that. Can he turn back the clock? Possible, but not probable. Let's hope I'm wrong.

I was just trying to get you off of that 0% :). We can't have even the reasonable people on here in panic mode!! I don't think that any of these guys are likely to emerge to that level but I am holding out hope.

This is kind of a useless thread. It's like asking what are the odds that TT or Cassel win a playoff game this year. The guy is sitting at 3 but apparently it's a thing to knock him now for no reason. He didn't draft himself in the first round. JMO.

Edited by The Wiz

EJ's kinda turning into the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. I've been a strong supporter of his but I'm starting to waver this year and trusting Rex is going to do the best for the team. His chances, as much as I wish it could be different, seem pretty slim. I'm also thinking at this rate he will not be on this team in 2016. If this is gonna be the way things go, I don't think I even want him on the team anymore. I'm choosing 1-25%

Rodney Dangerfield made me laugh hysterically. Ej makes me want to punch myself in the face. I don't see the comparison ;)

Do people really trust Cassel's and Talor's durability? I don't, I also don't trust their bad weather play and if you want to win with a running game forget about Matt Cassel's short passing game we saw what that gets you with Kyle Orton the whole defense moves up and sits on everything within 20 yards, if you want to win with the running game you really need a QB that has the threat of a deep ball and that's EJ.

Shake, did u see anything in the scrimmage/preseason game that made u sour on EJ?