Wawrow Article Indicates EJ Sees Wall's Writing

and yet while suggesting you didn't mean to offend, you persist to question my work, and seem quite incapable of comprehending what i've already written.

i did in fact ask him if he's considered somewhere else and he answered it.

that you don't like the answer is not at all my problem.

jw

I know right, it has become increasingly difficult conversing with the "pro" EJ crowd.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never clicked on the link. I just don't like the headline. I think it's unfair to the players (even though I think EJ completely avoids Twitter). He has been getting peppered with the same questions after every practice.

I get that he said what he said. I also get that this is a silly argument.

really don't give two ***** if you clicked the link or not. i don't get paid for clicks. i get paid for keeping my reputation.

unfair to the players? good freaking christ, ej could have very well ended these questions by actually establishing himself as an actual starting quarterback, but the apologists won't ever accept that.

there's always some vague meddlesome excuse.

hey, i like EJ. i think he's a stand up guy.

but to suggest this is a "silly argument" belies the fact that you're actually the one who not only prompted it but continued it by hoping i'd provide you some glimmer of hope that EJ didn't exactly say what he exactly said; that i somehow "tricked" him into saying it.

good lord, i've provided you every opportunity of the doubt and yet you persist in perpetuating this myth that the questions the media is asking EJ is the thing that's holding him back.

i realize you're a true believer, and will always be somehow miffed that it was the media -- nay MY fault -- that EJ failed.

i'll accept that role of being that strawman if you agree to be the blind fool.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

This thread among others is getting just plain silly.Some acting Like a bunch of den mothers seeking the meaning of life from the Avon salesman. seriously, the kid is not nor was a NFL QB round one prospect. Ask any serious FSU fan. You either have it or not. accuracy is a skill at the pro level you should have it. EJ Manuel does not. The occasional 50 yard throw to a future stock boy with no pass rush on one play changes nothing.

By No means is this directed at JW either. get over it, because it's another swing and miss by OBD. No different than every other one for the past twenty years. Why can't some people grasp that?

IMO most of this lies on B. Nix. he sucked As a GM in particular identifying a single QB. With any real talent. and then reached when there was nothing to reach for. he painted himself in a corner, and he is gone. Whaley is stuck with the pick. And certainly was on board with it because he had no choice. the team cannot scout QB's to save their life. Old man Polian grabbed the last one. the kid is not going to start for the Buffalo Bills unless a disaster happens. Go with what they have and see what happens next year. it's been 15 effing years.Is anyone else else sick of this? In Rex I trust. Eff the so called "'media bias" they are have zero influence in Rex and Whaleys office. I guess I am a bad fan for just wanting to move past this kid and have the team play some football.

good lord, i've provided you every opportunity of the doubt and yet you persist in perpetuating this myth that the questions the media is asking EJ is the thing that's holding him back.

i realize you're a true believer, and will always be somehow miffed that it was the media -- nay MY fault -- that EJ failed.

jw

I never said the media was holding EJ back. It's all on him, nobody else.

I was having a discussion on the discussion board. I really didn't intend to piss you off. I was just being honest.

Edited by Hot Buffalo Wings

really don't give two ***** if you clicked the link or not. i don't get paid for clicks. i get paid for keeping my reputation.

unfair to the players? good freaking christ, ej could have very well ended these questions by actually establishing himself as an actual starting quarterback, but the apologists won't ever accept that.

but to suggest this is a "silly argument" belies the fact that you're actually the one who not only prompted it but continued it by hoping i'd provide you some glimmer of hope that EJ didn't exactly say what he exactly said; that i somehow "tricked" him into saying it.

jw

I'm curious, it is apparent that you do not believe Manuel has established himself as a starting QB. Do you think that Cassel and or Taylor have? They both appear to be one dimensional, albeit in different ways. I think they would be easy to game plan. It is obvious with both what to take away.

I'm curious, it is apparent that you do not believe Manuel has established himself as a starting QB. Do you think that Cassel and or Taylor have? They both appear to be one dimensional, albeit in different ways. I think they would be easy to game plan. It is obvious with both what to take away.

i'm curious, you believe EJ has established himself as a starting QB?

jw

I honestly feel for EJ's superfans. They've invested so deep of a commitment he'd prove the naysayers wrong, so much energy defending every unbeliever attack, so much emotional capital hoping EJ would arise from the depths and vindicate their perfect faith, that I honestly wonder if they'll be able to continue on as Bills fans if/when he's cut. It will crush them.

i'm curious, you believe EJ has established himself as a starting QB?

jw

No, but I don't think either have Cassel or Taylor. I have not been at any training camp practices., so all I know is what I've read. I have however watched Friday's game a couple of times and what I saw in Cassel and Taylor are one dimensional QBs, that a coach like Bill Beiichick will easily game plan for. They can't lose twice to the Patriots and go anywhere. What I'm confused about is what I saw in that game, which was the best pass of the night was thrown by Manuel. I'm confused about the scrimmage. The scrimmage was touted by Ryan as being very important, it appeared to be won by Manuel. Yet somehow the hand writing is on the wall?

No, but I don't think either have Cassel or Taylor. I have not been at any training camp practices., so all I know is what I've read. I have however watched Friday's game a couple of times and what I saw in Cassel and Taylor are one dimensional QBs, that a coach like Bill Beiichick will easily game plan for. They can't lose twice to the Patriots and go anywhere. What I'm confused about is what I saw in that game, which was the best pass of the night was thrown by Manuel. I'm confused about the scrimmage. The scrimmage was touted by Ryan as being very important, it appeared to be won by Manuel. Yet somehow the hand writing is on the wall?

Completely agree.

I honestly feel for EJ's superfans. They've invested so deep of a commitment he'd prove the naysayers wrong, so much energy defending every unbeliever attack, so much emotional capital hoping EJ would arise from the depths and vindicate their perfect faith, that I honestly wonder if they'll be able to continue on as Bills fans if/when he's cut. It will crush them.

Oh for God's sake, can't people around here just grow up for a change?

And given that Cassel hasn't shown much these past few years and isn't the future, I'd rather go with the younger guys, and am inclined to go with the unknown.

I disagree completely. First off, Cassel started off well last year and then got injured.

Over the past 10 years I would say your theory would make sense. The team is not that good nor does it have great talent, so roll the dice. Right? What ya gotgot to lose?

But that's not us anymore. Now we are coming off of a winning season. We're fat with talent. If we can get decent QB play (along with everything else) we can maybe even take this thing. So you're gonna roll the dice with an "unknown" at QB?

I'd rather go with the guy that gives us the best chance to make the playoffs THIS YEAR. Whoever that is whether he's old, young, skinny, fat, or even Cassel.

I agree. This thing is far from over IMHO.

Edited by reddogblitz

This is complete hyperbole

Is not that EJ supporters wont accept that he cant do it....it is the belief that he has not been groomed properly and felt he needed time to see if he could figure it out....the physical talents that EJ has DICTATE that the bills organization give him time before sending him down the Christian Ponder career path.

BUT

This was my year of "show me".....his first year was cut short by injury and to my eyes it looked like he was figuring it out even though he was thrown in much too soon.

Then he had a offseason

Then the Doub M. season where you could tell that not just EJ....but ALL the qbs were being coached in a "dont lose the game" strategy......no qb played well under that coaching staff......

So I was patient

Then he had another offseason

BUT....this was the year that he needed to come out and show that he was plainly better then 2 backup veteran QBs that were brought onto the team.....and frankly HE HASNT.....he will throw a great pass....then throw a head scratcher.....

In my opinion......Not only did this coaching staff not draft EJ Manuel but they might in fact view him as a coach killer.....flashing greatness but not maintaining it......

This is why they like Cassell.......even though Matt Cassell is limited they TRUST him to make the correct reads and give them veteran qb play

This is why they like Tyrod.....he might not have been great today but the word coming out of camp is that there has been consistant improvement.....that combined with the big plays he is capable of making and the ability to run Romans read option

I like EJ Manuel.....I wish he could have been our QB.......I hope that he finds success in the NFL even if it is not here.

I see EJ Manuel as the next Mark Sanchez if we cut him. Is he great? No. But he is good enough and can still improve enough that there is no point in cutting him. I understand the frustration people have with EJ. He looked incredibly forced and robotic when he played last year.

At this point, I think it is obvious that he does not have "it". That it is what is needed to be a top ten QB. I would rather keep EJ though then Simms.

The quote that stood out to me was "Nothing I can do about it."

EJM is totally wrong on that. He is, in fact, the only person who can do something about it. No one at this level is ever going to hand him the starting job ever again.

I took that with the second part of the statement, unspoken, "besides working hard and improving." Basically doing his best and letting the chips fall.

I don't question EJ's sense of accountability, questionable comments from last year aside.

That would be genius. After TT had the worst day of the 3 today. :rolleyes:

But the coaches really like TT and not EJ regardless of practice.

How exactly does his response to this line of questioning indicate he sees the writing on the wall? Really? What is the guy supposed to say? He has no clue, any more than anyone else on this board as to what the thinking is, (Oh, except for LeRoy of course :rolleyes:).

He​ gave the same response ANYONE would give under the circumstances. I just have to play well and let things fall where they may. Big Effen deal! What a story! What was he supposed to say? "Oh no, they're going to start me. I'm winning the competition, can't you idiots see that?"

he's gone bro, book it

Ya, for sure. Once Belichick gets his hands on him, EJ will be starting ahead of Tom Brady.

We should trade EJ for Tommy strait up, he'll be suspended anyway so it's a fair trade.

i'll accept this for one reason only, because I'll answer this once, and only once, and considering it's included in the story for those (hot buffalo wings) who can't read.

EJ was asked if his days were numbered, and he provided the quote that included the phrase "somewhere else."

rather than let that dangle and me rush off to my computer and write a "gotcha" story," i followed up with a question about whether he's considered "somewhere else."

to which his mixed response is included in the story.

trust me. don't trust me. i really don't care. i followed up his remark with a question and he responded with his answer.

but good for you for being skeptical.

i hope i've established a reputation for being trustworthy and being a straight-shooter, but each time i put finger to keyboard, i risk that reputation.

jw

Team ej can't handle the truth

jw

:worthy::worthy: :worthy:

It's fair to say that I'm pulling for EJ, but I trust the coaches will choose the right QB for the job, whichever guy it is.

I think you see people defending against "naysayers" for the same reason people defend against "EJ apologists" or "EJ superfans"...the fact that it is still completely unknown.

This is simply OPTIMISTS VS. PESSIMISTS

Try realist

The FO stance has not changed on EJ. They gave him plenty of opportunities.

Best of luck in your next chapter.

Imo

That is utter nonsense. They forced him to play in his rookie year knowing well that he wasn't ready for that and needed time. Then the second year in he's named starter but pulled after 4 games, not even getting playing time at the end of the season when things didn't matter anymore. This organization has completely mismanaged EJ, failed to support him and failed to give him time and opportunity. The classic recipe to ruin a rookie QB.

Edited by bladiebla

I'm dumbfounded that a team would draft a guy 16th, play him 14 times under a coach who was in over his head, and then cut him. If you're willing to do that, what does that say about scouting? Not just the Bills GMs but a lot of GMs hinge their jobs on making risky selections of QBs way too early. It's a double-edge sword, if you pass on a guy who turns out, you're fired. If you do draft one and miss on him, you're fired. Teams just continue over and over to a) have zero patience to develop a QB and b) overdraft them. Those two concepts... no patience and overdrafting are counterproductive to stabilizing the position. We've witnessed it for 15 years. As long as you over draft and have no patience, it's a revolving door of draft failures sprinkled with FA and trade failures. Look at this team since Kelly.

Spot on. Patience is needed, unless they feel they really whiffed on selecting EJ. The big issues is that both fans and organization are extremely impatient with regards to QB play. Look at Miami, all of a sudden people think Tannehill is a great QB, all they did was support him, stand by him and believe in their own choice. EJ has been put under pressure from day 1, whilst he wasn't ready for it and the organization knew it.

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds Y/A TD Int Rtg Att Yds Avg TD Sack YdsL Fum FumL

2012 MIA 16 16 484 282 58.3 3,294 6.8 12 13 76.1 49 211 4.3 2 35 234 9 4

2013 MIA 16 16 588 355 60.4 3,913 6.7 24 17 81.7 40 238 6.0 1 58 399 9 5

2014 MIA 16 16 590 392 66.4 4,045 6.9 27 12 92.8 56 311 5.6 1 46 337 9 2

i'm not going to read his mind. I asked a question.

he answered it.

i followed up for clarification.

and he provided the answer.

all i know is that he's never used the words "somewhere else" before.

jw

Somebody: Let's have a pizza over there.

EJ: Nah, let's go somewhere else.

:bag:

Edited by bladiebla