The Future Official Beer of the Bills (and Sabres)

Doc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happened to be on vacation at Chautauqua lake when this was released in August. I went to the brewery and tried a few. It's a light pale / blonde ale with light hop character. The oats in the grain bill lend to a smoother mouth feel. A good session beer aimed at bridging the gap to those who typically shun craft beer for macros.

Too bad they could not even find a local brewery to make the beer they labeled as One Buffalo

Define local? 60 miles from the stadium and with the Bills home region isn't local? It probably came down to available capacity to brew the beer in large amounts and quality/consistency of the brewer. Big Ditch probably couldn't pull it off as they work to get their business going and probably lack capacity. Resurgence same thing and their beer is the least consistent and lowest quality locally (they hide their brewing inexperience with goofy beers that hide flaws and inability to brew by the book styles or the overhop to do it as well). Flying Bison is FX Matt and they probably lack capacity, don't need the business. So who then??? Hamburg and community are tiny, more onebuffalo will sell at one game than either could probably produce unless they stopped brewing their own.

How one complains when the team owner brews a beer locally and supports local business is unbelievable.

I present to you....One Buffalo Beer.

Your link didn't open. What is the name of the beer?

I live in Tampa so when my boys and i fly up for the game next week, I'll be enjoying some Genny Light (yes I know you guys think it's crap, but you'd be amazed what you like when your away for so long), maybe some OV, add an L and an E, and you've got Love, Love OV (yes i remember the commercial and no we can't get it in Tampa), Mighty Taco, and Blasdell Pizza.

My mouth is salivating now.

Your link didn't open. What is the name of the beer?

I live in Tampa so when my boys and i fly up for the game next week, I'll be enjoying some Genny Light (yes I know you guys think it's crap, but you'd be amazed what you like when your away for so long), maybe some OV, add an L and an E, and you've got Love, Love OV (yes i remember the commercial and no we can't get it in Tampa), Mighty Taco, and Blasdell Pizza.

My mouth is salivating now.

One Buffalo beer.

As an admitted micro-brew snob, I am happy to see this. I'd love to see a Southern Tier specific vendor in the Ralph with more of their beers. It would be a nice escape from the horrible current offerings and would be a place to find the entire hipster fan base in attendance at the game.

As an admitted micro-brew snob, I am happy to see this. I'd love to see a Southern Tier specific vendor in the Ralph with more of their beers. It would be a nice escape from the horrible current offerings and would be a place to find the entire hipster fan base in attendance at the game.

If I'm already paying a ton for a crappy beer, what's another couple bucks for a good one?

Define local? 60 miles from the stadium and with the Bills home region isn't local? It probably came down to available capacity to brew the beer in large amounts and quality/consistency of the brewer. Big Ditch probably couldn't pull it off as they work to get their business going and probably lack capacity. Resurgence same thing and their beer is the least consistent and lowest quality locally (they hide their brewing inexperience with goofy beers that hide flaws and inability to brew by the book styles or the overhop to do it as well). Flying Bison is FX Matt and they probably lack capacity, don't need the business. So who then??? Hamburg and community are tiny, more onebuffalo will sell at one game than either could probably produce unless they stopped brewing their own.

How one complains when the team owner brews a beer locally and supports local business is unbelievable.

the comment about it not being "local" confused me as well.