8-16: Bills' Training Camp Practice - 10 AM to 12 PM

I understand the logic. But to wish the others falter is not in my make up.

Would be quite pleased if EJ made it to number two by PS game 3.

Do you think Bills still consider him a project? or will they just wash their hands of him finally?

I think if they are seeing the improvement they want there is no reason to dump him. He looked good the other night and shows flashes. He's still inconsistent but they should develop him IMO. There is no downside.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does EJ still have practice squad eligibility? Do #3 emergency QBs count against the roster? Would you keep EJ over Simms?

Even if he did, there's no way he clears waivers. EJ has a decent floor as a competent back up

This is where we disagree I guess. EJ is 3rd now by most accounts. He played well the other night but so did the other 2. If he is going to close the gap prior to the season he needs to play well while they play poorly. It's like trailing on the back 9 in a golf tournament. Even if you play well you may need the guys in front of you to come back a little if you are going to catch them.

In addition, he is going to need to close that gap quickly if they are going to start getting him reps with the 1's in enough time to be ready. He isn't going to only work with the 3's and then 5 days before the season be declared the starter. If he isn't working with the 1's by the 3rd preseason game he won't be starting by Indy.

No, but he would have to clear waivers anyways which would never happen. Someone would try to develop him at least as a backup.

To use the golf anology. Judging by everyone's perception (by everyone I mean the media)

Cassel is up two strokes with 4 holes to play. EJ and TT are starting the back 9. EJ had a up and down front 9 with birdies and bogeys alike. TT has had mostly pars and birdies with a few eagle tries.

Edited by The Wiz

I think if they are seeing the improvement they want there is no reason to dump him. He looked good the other night and shows flashes. He's still inconsistent but they should develop him IMO. There is no downside.

Well i think we do agree then, to some degree at least. He has quite away to go. Lets see what those reps show. and better with the 3s anyways to see his character under pressures and errors> maybe a bit like hanging Darby out there to see what he is made of. a bit.

I wish TT and EJ well. and am fine keeping Cassel as the fall back option.

Rex and Co. might be on to something with Tyrod though< sure is fun to watch him and he can throw too!

Yep. It's entirely possible that EJ is a total longshot to ever be a decent starter in the NFL and simultaneously the best #3 developmental QB in the entire league.

Its a weird perception Kelly because it is sooo unusual. But it might ring true.

Thats why i cant close the book on the kid yet

To use the golf anology. Judging by everyone's perception (by everyone I mean the media)

Cassel is up two strokes with 4 holes to play. EJ and TT are starting the back 9. EJ had a up and down front 9 with birdies and bogeys alike. TT has had mostly pars and birdies with a few eagle tries.

Ha ha, and if you want to put golfers to it Cassel is Zach Johnson. He's going to be steady, hit the ball down the middle and putt well. He can't go as low as the other 2 but he's not going to shoot 80 either.

Ha ha, and if you want to put golfers to it Cassel is Zach Johnson. He's going to be steady, hit the ball down the middle and putt well. He can't go as low as the other 2 but he's not going to shoot 80 either.

Zach Johnson has two major championships to his credit. Matt Cassel ain't a championship caliber QB.

Zach Johnson has two major championships to his credit. Matt Cassel ain't a championship caliber QB.

Shaun Micheel & Todd Hamilton weren't championship caliber players either and they won majors. The point was that you know what you are getting when Zach Johnson tees it up. Edited by Kirby Jackson

thank you for erasng Leroi's post, calling 26CornerBlitz a troll is lunacy.

Getting called a troll by Leroi is sorta like being called an idiot by DC Tom...it's bound to happen sooner or later (except for me...I seem unable to get Tom to call me an idiot).

Getting called a troll by Leroi is sorta like being called an idiot by DC Tom...it's bound to happen sooner or later (except for me...I seem unable to get Tom to call me an idiot).

I would have never known. Now I won't be able to sleep tonight. :lol:

@BuffaloBillsPR

#Bills radio tomorrow:

@jfelton45: @WGR550/@965WCMF (6:50/7 AM)

@C42Clay: @WGR550/@965WCMF (8:50/9 AM)

@TyrodTaylor: @KISS985BUFFALO (9 AM)

I'm not sure it is the accuracy so much as the progressions I want to see. I think there is room for improvement in his accuracy, sure, but I think he is moderately ahead of EJ on consistent accuracy at this stage. However, I want to see him go through progressions... it very much looked like first read or run on Friday and I have been back and re-watched and I still think that. You can't win in anything like a long term way in the NFL doing that. If he can get to his 2nd and 3rd guy behind the first team line and still have the threat with his legs if there is nothing there....... then the sky is the limit.

Very good assessment...progressions is the BIG issue with Taylor. We can't even really determine his accuracy levels until he starts going through his progressions and making throws. If he doesn't and just defaults to running to soon, it wont take long for teams to game plan for that and then we will be in trouble.

He has to be able to make the progressions and deliver the ball to be an effective QB in this league. Thats what makes Russell Wilson so good is that he knows how to make those reads and runs when its necessary versus defaulting to the run if his first read or two aren't there. A QB must have patience to let routes develop and to see the field, otherwise you end up too many short runs and miss guys who got open downfield for better plays.

You're not trying hard enough. Step up your game. It's not that hard for 99% on here

Snap, me too (on the DC Tom calling me an idiot thing). I don't think Leroi has called me a troll yet but it's kinda hard to care one way or another on that.