Our OG play last night was solid

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree 100% on Miller.. I honestly didn't know his number, so when i watched the game this am, i had to wait until i got an endzone view of our line to see that the big man with the quick feet was our rookie.

he's gonna be Roman's new Lupati.

BTW - did anyone notice Kujo manhandling the LDE on one our 2nd team's TDs? i thinmk we got a 1 and 1A at RT

I, too, was happy with the play of our oline. The starters gave Cassel a clean pocket to pass out of. Run blocking could've been better, but Felton completely missed his guy yesterday so you can't blame the oline for that. Let's hope they improve further with Richie in there.

TT will be playing with the ones next week. He'll have more time to throw. He'll have a good opportunity to show us if he can throw with good protection.

agree 100% on Miller.. I honestly didn't know his number, so when i watched the game this am, i had to wait until i got an endzone view of our line to see that the big man with the quick feet was our rookie.

he's gonna be Roman's new Lupati.

BTW - did anyone notice Kujo manhandling the LDE on one our 2nd team's TDs? i thinmk we got a 1 and 1A at RT

I didn't see it, but one thing I know for certain, he wasn't the trainwreck he was last year.

Tough to get too upset with rushing for over 200 yards in a preseason game. What was it at halftime, like 125 yards rushing for us and 3 for them? That's how you win games.

It's still a little early to get the bust made for Canton for Miller but I thought about 5 minutes into the game that the OL was much much better than what we looked at last year. They actually moved well. I never saw a pulling guard actually make a block last year. The schemes looked better and the blocking crisper. I am very curious to see how this plays out throught the pre season. Last night was encouraging on many fronts but OL for me lead the way.

Even Fear the Losing has to admit our OL looked light years improved -- further proof that St. Doug was out of his element.

I do agree, and it looks like this new coaching staff is actually teaching the players how to block.

I realize the Bills were running very simple schemes. Even so, I'm not overly excited that Shady only got 16 yards on 6 carries for a 2.6 ypc average. Or that with Cassel starting against that Panther first string D he did an outstanding Trent Edwards impression with his safe, short throws.

I really want to see the Bills line with a power run game make opponents D suffer this year! :D

I do agree, and it looks like this new coaching staff is actually teaching the players how to block.

I realize the Bills were running very simple schemes. Even so, I'm not overly excited that Shady only got 16 yards on 6 carries for a 2.6 ypc average. Or that with Cassel starting against that Panther first string D he did an outstanding Trent Edwards impression with his safe, short throws.

I really want to see the Bills line with a power run game make opponents D suffer this year! :D

I'm not so sure that was the issue. More than anything else I believe Marrone employed the wrong scheme for his personnel.

I'm not so sure that was the issue. More than anything else I believe Marrone employed the wrong scheme for his personnel.

Trust me it was, and it was like last years players had never used a blocking sled. With Cyril Richardson in at OG the line graded as the worst in both run and pass blocking. Then after Urbik replaced Richardson the line still finished last in run blocking in 2014.

On another note, lets not forget that EJ was also the starting QB, and after he was benched Maroon also benched Richardson.

Trust me it was, and it was like last years players had never used a blocking sled. With Cyril Richardson in at OG the line graded as the worst in both run and pass blocking. Then after Urbik replaced Richardson the line still finished last in run blocking in 2014.

On another note, lets not forget that EJ was also the starting QB, and after he was benched Maroon also benched Richardson.

Just saw this one Twitter. Urbik agrees with me.

Chris Trapasso

Chris Trapasso ‏@ChrisTrapasso

Forgot to pass along quote I got from #Bills veteran OL Kraig Urbik last week after practice on difference between '14 and '15 OL schemes...

Just saw this one Twitter. Urbik agrees with me.

Chris Trapasso

Chris Trapasso ‏@ChrisTrapasso

Forgot to pass along quote I got from #Bills veteran OL Kraig Urbik last week after practice on difference between '14 and '15 OL schemes...

Here's the quote:

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso 44m44 minutes ago

"Last year, our entire scheme was inside zone. That's all we did. Now we have everything. Inside, outside zone, lots of power. Everything."

Like I said at the time:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/172324-blitz-pick-up-and-chip-blocking-forgotten-rb-responsibility/?p=3306580

"Most of what I've seen in the running game is inside zone. The problem areas have been [getting] the guards (specifically Pears) enough help."

Perhaps that is the part that the bills are not showing in pre season

Yessir!

Saw someone cut Miller knees and freeked out.

I think we might something this year to get excited about.

Looked like they were NFL caliber!!

I know the exact play you are talking about. My heart sunk until I saw that everything was fine after the play was over

Killer Miller!!!!

CBF