I propose: Bryce Brown and EJ Manuel for Zach Mettenberger

symbiant

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I propose EJ Manuel and Duke Williams for Aaron Rogers

who's in?

OMG, just because you propose a deal doesn't mean the other side is willing. Why would Tennessee do this? Explain why when you come up with these "proposals"

We're the deer, and the oncoming headlights are QB ineptitude... Should we stand there and let it hit us, or do something about it? By all means TRADE... perhaps not for Mettenberger, or Perhaps not even EJ, (Even though it could be the best thing for him).... DO SOMETHING to improve our lot at QB.... Not doing anything is just plain ignorant.

Some days I really understand DC Tom

1. Doing something is not always more competent, or better, than doing nothing. The "something" that you do has to be constructive and cause an improvement

2. When it comes to trades etc, "doing something" requires a motivated partner.

We're the deer, and the oncoming headlights are QB ineptitude... Should we stand there and let it hit us, or do something about it? By all means TRADE... perhaps not for Mettenberger, or Perhaps not even EJ, (Even though it could be the best thing for him).... DO SOMETHING to improve our lot at QB.... Not doing anything is just plain ignorant.

I think our QB situation is not nearly a dire as you portray it to be. I think our coaches and GM would agree based on recent comments.

I think our QB situation is not nearly a dire as you portray it to be. I think our coaches and GM would agree based on recent comments.

While I am not expecting a trade for a QB, I can't agree tha t the Bills' QB situation is anything other than one of the 5 worst in the league.

Some days I really understand DC Tom

1. Doing something is not always more competent, or better, than doing nothing. The "something" that you do has to be constructive and cause an improvement

2. When it comes to trades etc, "doing something" requires a motivated partner.

No? - So when is it actually feasible to take some sort of action? You know.... To prevent impending failure...

Is it when you havent had a playoff win in over 20 years, or a berth in 15??? Do you put all your chips on the wisdom of a 4-12 coach that got sh*tcanned from his last gig? OR would you at least call around to see what your options are? -Maybe locate that motivated partner... I know what I'd do..

Wow... You actually expect people who need to sell seats and merchandise to be forthcoming? :lol:

No? - So when is it actually feasible to take some sort of action? You know.... To prevent impending failure...

Is it when you havent had a playoff win in over 20 years, or a berth in 15??? Do you put all your chips on the wisdom of a 4-12 coach that got sh*tcanned from his last gig? OR would you at least call around to see what your options are? -Maybe locate that motivated partner... I know what I'd do..

is sh*tcanned different than being fired?

They did take action by signing 2 FA qb's and also improved the coaching staff to help with our QB's.

How do you know they haven't called around to see what the options are?

Edited by klos63

I saw him play this week. We NEED Mettenberger! Where's Bill Polian when we need him? Give the Pack Thompson and a pick, they throw in a pick which all go to Tennessee and send Zack here! I'm convinced! Real deal. Think Favre in Atlanta. Git. Er. Done!

is sh*tcanned different than being fired?

They did take action by signing 2 FA qb's and also improved the coaching staff to help with our QB's.

How do you know they haven't called around to see what the options are?

Rex got sh*tcanned.. -It's pretty much a fact at this point.

And I would hope that they've been 'calling around' for the last couple of weeks... Ever since it became obvious that we don't have a legit stater at QB. We don't...Unless his name is EJ Casselrod, and I've been looking at this all wrong from the beginning.

I really do understand DC Tom. Oh, my, call around the league to see what your options are? What a concept! I'm sure that never occurred to "Dealer Doug" and his staff!

There are two kinds of teams in the NFL right now:

1) those who have or believe they have a long-term starter at QB and a decent backup - and neither of them are available no matter what you're offering because then who would they start and what would they do if the starter goes down or (if rookie) doesn't come through when the bullets are flying?

2) those who are seeking a long term starter at QB, and are only interested in trading what they got if you give them something they like better - which leads to trading scraps for scraps, Foles for Bradford, Orton for Cutler. At this point in the PS, that means you're trading scraps who know your playbook for scraps who gotta learn it.

What exactly is it you think the Bills FO ought to do?

Everyone who makes one of these threads should be moderated so they can not make new threads without an administrator approving it.

I kind of like that idea

Hopeful, your theory doesnt sustain. Teams with 2good QB's CAN'T keep them both. When their contracts are up -usually on different years, the teams are forced to make decisions on who they're going to keep, leaving the other one free to go. No team has the budget for 2 top tier QBs. So, the Have-nots inquire about the current back-up's availability to stave off bidding wars in FA.

Given the Titans investment in Mariotta, Mettenberger WILL become available. Might as well start the negotiations now. IMO.