Ok, I give up -- EJ will be 3rd string or cut

eball

The irony here is that I'm not being sarcastic at all. I took kind of a hard line anti-EJ stance and backed myself into a corner. Before I knew it I was saying stuff I didn't even believe just to maintain my anti-EJ persona. Truth of the matter is I've been trending this way for a while. Hey I didn't want to align myself with guys like bills fan 4 life but deep in my heart I knew he was right all along. But after Friday, I knew I had to come clean.

This really is kind of a childish diatribe you're on here

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things apparently are way more serious here than we thought.

"There's no way out of here"'-----David Gilmore

They sure are. I'm sure David Gilmour will be pissed that someone named David Gilmore is claiming credit for his song...

Edited by Reed83HOF

A couple years ago the Packers tried to get Brian Brohm, a 2nd round QB, onto the PS. We ended up claiming him and realized why the Packers sent him to the PS

Now he's the back-up to Drew Willy on the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. But with Willy going down to a knee injury Brohm will have to compete with Robert Marve (Eugene's son) to be the starter.

A couple years ago the Packers tried to get Brian Brohm, a 2nd round QB, onto the PS. We ended up claiming him and realized why the Packers sent him to the PS

I threw up a little bit reading that...

Talk about a team consistently blowing it for 2 decades on QBs...sigh

Brohm was utterly talentless. What a waste of time it was claiming him.

Disagree completely. Kid had all the tools. If he came out a year earlier, he would've been the number one pick. Unfortunately this organization has no clue how to properly develop a qb. We gave him, what, 2 starts? If we remained patient with him and let him start for three years, who knows? Maybe he's our franchise qb today. But instead this inept organization ruined him just the same way they ruined Losman and Edwards and are about to do with Manuel. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Disagree completely. Kid had all the tools. If he came out a year earlier, he would've been the number one pick. Unfortunately this organization has no clue how to properly develop a qb. We gave him, what, 2 starts? If we remained patient with him and let him play for three years, who knows? Maybe he's our franchise qb today. But instead this inept organization ruined him just the same way they ruined Losman and Edwards and are about to do with Manuel.

Either that, or, he's second string in the CFL behind Drew Willy and battling for playing time with Robert Marve.

I think he must have been talking about Stephon Gilmore's brother.

Ah...It would be "more likely that not" acceptable if Stephon was drafted as a second rounder, but he is no way a #10 pick. Never draft a CB that high...It should have been Russel Wilson...

No way Stephon's brother can win this in a court of law...unless he gets Judge Doty

The irony here is that I'm not being sarcastic at all. I took kind of a hard line anti-EJ stance and backed myself into a corner. Before I knew it I was saying stuff I didn't even believe just to maintain my anti-EJ persona. Truth of the matter is I've been trending this way for a while. Hey I didn't want to align myself with guys like bills fan 4 life but deep in my heart I knew he was right all along. But after Friday, I knew I had to come clean.

Welcome to the dark side!!

Disagree completely. Kid had all the tools. If he came out a year earlier, he would've been the number one pick. Unfortunately this organization has no clue how to properly develop a qb. We gave him, what, 2 starts? If we remained patient with him and let him start for three years, who knows? Maybe he's our franchise qb today. But instead this inept organization ruined him just the same way they ruined Losman and Edwards and are about to do with Manuel.

There wasn't much to work with in Losman's case. Edwards had his bell rung in Arizona and was never the same afterwards.

Jury is still out on EJ but I'm leaning more towards poor draft evaluation resulting in a player drafted way higher than he should have been

There wasn't much to work with in Losman's case. Edwards had his bell rung in Arizona and was never the same afterwards.

Jury is still out on EJ but I'm leaning more towards poor draft evaluation resulting in a player drafted way higher than he should have been

I don't know how anyone can really make the argument he was over drafted. They traded back, picked up an extra pick that turned into Alonzo who turned into Shady, and basically had to pick a QB in round one. Had they not taken a QB, Whaley would have been crucified more than he already is.

I gotta tell you guys, I've officially got EJ fever. Watching him in that preseason game really had me doing a 180. Death to "Meh" Cassel. I saw all I needed to see from him last night. Hey Meh! You ever hear of throwing a ball more than 5 yards!?! It's like hello!?! I say we cut the guy and roll with the youth movement. EJ clearly dominated in the scrimmage (I know bills fan 4 life ran his passer rating from the scrimmage, what was it again??) and on Friday, he was nothing short of spectacular. Did you guys see how perfect that long ball was?? So I don't really care what the media elitists are saying about practice (we talkin' practice!) and why they all seem to have an anti-EJ bias/agenda is beyond me. All I know is on the two big stages, the kid has been dominant and lit the place up. Meanwhile, Meh has curled up into a little shell. The guy stinks! I want to personally apologize to many of you for not seeing the light a lot sooner. I turned my back on Bills nation and quite frankly, I wasn't being a good fan. You were right, I was wrong. Hey everyone needs a little slice of humble pie from time to time, right? Go Bills and more importantly, go EJ!!

welcome back from the dark side. nice of you to be thinking of me btw

Stats that I saw that mattered .... sustained drives even with flags thrown.

in the practice game Meh ZERO points with the 1's (does he get a Mulligan for the missed / blocked FG?), Meh one scramble and midling passing game.

TT 14 points with the 2's. TT scrambles maybe too early not seeking a deep open WR?

and EJ 10 points with the 3's, 2 botched snaps on EJ or the center?, 3 dropped passes on target?? removing the nice TD pass he had 8 YPP passing.

You argued with many other EJ backers with your "he's not good enough" stance.

:wub: :wub: :beer:

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

in the practice game Meh ZERO points with the 1's (does he get a Mulligan for the missed / blocked FG?), Meh one scramble and midling passing game.

TT 14 points with the 2's. TT scrambles maybe too early not seeking a deep open WR?

and EJ 10 points with the 3's, 2 botched snaps on EJ or the center?, 3 dropped passes on target?? removing the nice TD pass he had 8 YPP passing.

Why remove EJ's long pass? If you remove Shady's long runs from his career stats, he's a mediocre RB. Stats are like that.

Maybe more fair would be to add in yards for the dropped passes. And more for the bad snaps.

Could you tell us on EJ's " nice" TD pass how many panthers were rushing the passer? Just wondering. it was a nice pass regardless. Even if many of the 3's will be packing groceries at Costco in a month. In Rex I trust.

Well obviously I was wrong. Here's to hoping they don't settle on Meh and they do the right thing, which is blatantly obvious to us and most of the posters on here and let the kid play. And when he has a bad game or two, you let him play through it! We got time here. I'd rather go 8-8 with EJ and see some nice development by the end of the season than go 11-5 with Meh and play in some lousy playoff game against the Bengals or something. Besides even if we get to the playoffs, we all know that Meh can't win a playoff game. Time to think bigger people. Edited by metzelaars_lives