Go See Straight Outta Compton

Alphadawg7

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard mixed reviews....the main one being that each member of NWA was a producer or something of the movie, so basically they were all made out to be angelic characters or at least resolved everything peacefully in the end. Also heard that it went on a bit long. Heard the early part of the movie, the early years was amazing to watch. Naturally the music/soundtrack is as good as you would expect. I definitely want to see it to form my own opinion, but your review is going to give me a more positive outlook going in

Movie was amazing and enjoyed every minute of it! Couldn't have been better casted either. Standing ovation in our theatre.

I've heard mixed reviews....the main one being that each member of NWA was a producer or something of the movie, so basically they were all made out to be angelic characters or at least resolved everything peacefully in the end. Also heard that it went on a bit long. Heard the early part of the movie, the early years was amazing to watch. Naturally the music/soundtrack is as good as you would expect. I definitely want to see it to form my own opinion, but your review is going to give me a more positive outlook going in

Honestly this could have been longer. There is so much to cover that they could have made a mini series out of it. The actors were perfectly cast too. Movie was very accurate to the events, never felt like they were made out to be something they weren't.

I was telling soneone last night I would be surprised if it doesn't get at least nominated for some awards including best picture of the year. Ice cubes son was outstanding and a better actor than his dad lol. The kid who plays Eazy E was also fantastic. Even the guy who plays Suge Knight nailed it.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Considered seeing it but not sure if I want to be the only white person in the theater.

Pretty sure you won't be almost anywhere.

Only time I ever felt uncomfortable was seeing a movie called "Rosewood" about 20 years ago. Ving Rames was the star... True story aboutt an awful night of racial violence in the 20's. My wife an I only Caucasians in a packed theatre in DC.

No doubt uncomfortable to walk out an movies end.

Edited by plenzmd1