Super fans - Do you believe in them?

people in costume don't bother me., hell anyone in a Bills jersey is in costume.

what makes me laugh is the fools wearing no shirt in 10 degree weather

Not only do the people in costumes not bother me, they are far less annoying than the much greater number of bozos that can't handle their booze.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think dressing up makes anyone a super-fan.. It just means you like to dress up and look purdy for the cameras.

I'd say the fans that show up in these forums every single day and hit F5 over and over again just to get the play by play of an non-televised scrimmage are the true superfans

Hey that is me!

Went to a Mets gam and they were losing. Cow Bell Guy made it worth being there. Just saying.

Someone once told me that when they saw an American flag bumper sticker or an actual flag flying in their yard that they were trying to suggest they are more patriotic than you...as if they were being competitive.

I had never thought of it like that. People just have different ways of expressing themselves, and in this case, their pride of being a frickin Bills fan!

As long as it's good clean fun, I'm all about it.

Had a discussion with a couple of buddies and would like your opinions. What do you think of so-called. "Super fans," you know, the guys with the face paint, chef hat guys, Elvis guy, etc?

Do you feel they represent you and the Bills fan base as a whole?

I argued that I admire their spirit, but I find them a bit on the side of buffoonery. Jersey, hat, jacket with Bills logo, great. Anything beyond and I think you're trying too hard to insert yourself into the conversation.

What's your take?

I don't see why it matters how they express their appreciation of the team. If you or others wear jerseys to a game, guess what? You are in costumes unless you are somehow on the game day roster. If the camera finds those people then so be it. It's not a competition. They love the team like the rest of us. Some are comfortable wearing costumes, others aren't. If one spends any time or money following a team that does not employ them, then in my estimation they are a super fans.

Edited by purple haze

Someone once told me that when they saw an American flag bumper sticker or an actual flag flying in their yard that they were trying to suggest they are more patriotic than you...as if they were being competitive.

I had never thought of it like that. People just have different ways of expressing themselves, and in this case, their pride of being a frickin Bills fan!

This.

Being a fan has many iterations. god bless ( or not as you prefer) us all.

We are family cut from a different cloth anyways :thumbsup:

While I'll never be caught in a clown-like outfit, it is part of the experience. I enjoy a lot of it, and I much prefer the fan who dresses up in a goofy outfit to the person who expresses his fandom with the consumption of alcohol to the point that the rest of us have to keep an eye on them... lest you get barfed upon. I love a tailgate as much as the next guy (or maybe a little more?). But being in a drunken stupor does not make you a big fan.

Edited by Augie

Also worth mentioning, as a season ticket holder in the same section as Elvis and the chefs, I can't imagine how much seniority it takes to get those front-row seats. I say dress however the hell you want.

You're in that section? 126? I'm in row 18. Where you at?

If you were talking about the Raiders fans that dress up like its Halloween I would agree with you but really you are picking on argument about the two guys who wear Chef hats to the games? Considering they throw down a pretty serious BBQ before the games out in the parking lot I think they are entitled to wear Chef hats into the stadium if they want to. I think for the most part Buffalo actually has a lot less costumed fans than most teams. Our fan base is much more of a blue collar Bills hats and shirts/jerseys or no shirts at all kinda fanbase than wearing some elaborate costume. Face painting at football games has been around forever and I don't really consider people who wear those Bills hardhats into games as wearing costumes. Don't see it as much of an issue with our fanbase

I don't think that the American flag analogy is a good one. It is misplaced.

There is no comparison between football fandom and American pride. I can respect people who are fans of other football teams. I cannot respect Americans who are not fans of America and are not outwardly appreciative of all those who gave their lives so we could sit around and watch football in our spare time.

Not trying to get political. Just saying...its not the same thing at all. Whoever told you that they think flying an American flag is some kind of competitive thing is a friggin tool.

our

You are a super grammar cop. Those people are worse than any fan out there.

He got it right the first time. Seems to be a typo/mental slip since he just used the correct word a sentence earlier.

Come on, put 2 and 2 together. Ticky tacky @ the very least. They know the correct word without you having to bring it to everybody's attention.

DREAM grace, DREAM perfection.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois