felton same as sam gash?

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/07/30/fullback-felton-ready-for-a-block-party/

"To him, the position brings “a different physicality.” A tight end masquerading as an H-back tends to hesitate, to plod through the hole. Not Felton. He lists off his greatest hits with pride. The A.J. Hawk knockouts. The time he “flattened” an Atlanta linebacker. The time he saw Charles Woodson lined up as the strong-side linebacker and told himself before the snap “I’m about to murder this guy.”

Felton credits former Bills fullback Sam Gash – his position coach in Detroit – for installing this mind-set in him."

Edited by LeGOATski

Big fan of this post as I completely forgot about Sam Gash. He was pretty good with his time on the team. At the end of the day, I hope Felton provides the spark to lift this team out of mediocrity.

I was a BIG Sam Gash fan......

But Sam was never a threat to carry or catch the ball

I would give Gash the edge on blocking and toughness.....just cuz it was sam Gash

But for versitility? Felton

No, he was a fullback known for catching the ball out of the backfield before he came to Buffalo. Gash admited that he never liked to carry the ball.

I absolutely love the Felton signing. FB's are a dying breed in the NFL due to all of the spread type offenses being used but he will be a tremendous asset for Roman's offense.

Who didn't love watching Sam Gash destroy LB's paving the way for the RB?? A FB like that is like having a Brandon Spikes LB on offense- you have a guy that can punish the defense like they want to punish your offense.

Felton will help bring some much needed intensity to this offense. McCoy is going to love having Felton out there looking to seek and destroy defenders. He paved the way for Peterson's 2000 yard season. With the way this offense will operate, I can see Shady putting up 1600 yards & 10+ TDs. This team has struggled mightily punching the ball in at the goalline & Felton should really help remedy that

Felton was blown up by preston and taken off the field.

that tells me a lot about Brown because i am huge Gash fan and now pretty big Jerome fan.

Jeez this should be fun. any report on Felton after todays practice?

and how about Connor .

Love watching the battles in the line of scrimmage

I was a BIG Sam Gash fan......

But Sam was never a threat to carry or catch the ball

I would give Gash the edge on blocking and toughness.....just cuz it was sam Gash

But for versitility? Felton

I seem to remember the Gash Station rumbling and bumbling in to the endZone on a 30+ yard TD catch and run from Douglas Flutie at the Ralph vs the pats** Edited by FluffHead

Like many here, I love great FB play. So I was very happy when they signed Felton---and then again when Felton mention being mentored by Gash.

But I do have one concern. Has McCoy every really had to/learned to follow a FB? Should we just assume this will be a big boost for Shady and not something that distracts him/gets in his way?

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, nor am I convinced this will be an issue. But I seem to vaguely recall a good back or two having trouble running behind a fullback, in the past. Can't really think of anyone specific at the moment though. I'm just a bit surprised this doesn't get mentioned more.

Like many here, I love great FB play. So I was very happy when they signed Felton---and then again when Felton mention being mentored by Gash.

But I do have one concern. Has McCoy every really had to/learned to follow a FB? Should we just assume this will be a big boost for Shady and not something that distracts him/gets in his way?

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, nor am I convinced this will be an issue. But I seem to vaguely recall a good back or two having trouble running behind a fullback, in the past. Can't really think of anyone specific at the moment though. I'm just a bit surprised this doesn't get mentioned more.

Shady ran behind a FB when in college as well as in his first four years Andy Reed always had a FB. He wasn't part of the base offense but they used one.