Bills training camp practice 8/7

if Easley was always going to make the team, how does it affect Hogan?

Exactly...

Andre was on Murph's show the other night and indicated that the top 5 (Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Hogan, and Easley for ST's) were pretty much locked in...He said it's a fight beyond that... B-)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't put much stock into that. Did he lead all NFL WRs in preseason stats two years ago?

I like having Easly around. I love his ST play and have said so each of the last two years that I think he is a great option at WR also. I mention that when guys start talking about cuts. I will argue he's safe because of his versatility etc.

Someone always posts he's not a WR he has one regular season catch in three years or something like that lol. He's got a spot on my team.

Hope EJ can show these good days consistently. Would be nice if it turned into a two way race between EJ and Tyrod. Tyrod's been the most consistent in camp thus far if what we're hearing is accurate.

I've got absolutely no problem with an EJ/Tyrod race to be the starter, with the "solid but unspectacular" Cassel there as the emergency #3.

I've got absolutely no problem with an EJ/Tyrod race to be the starter, with the "solid but unspectacular" Cassel there as the emergency #3.

That's where I am too. If both can be consistently decent in the scrimmage tomorrow, I am happy to let them fight it out and leave Cassel in the dust.

TE Gragg making progress with blocking

Much like draft classmate EJ Manuel, it’s year three for TE Chris Gragg. Though he rarely saw the field under the previous coaching staff, he’s seen an awful lot of it in this training camp. So far Gragg has turned in some quality plays.

Set back with a knee surgery in January, Gragg was playing catch up in the spring, so the new offense is still something he’s trying to master even now.

Easley seems to be having a great camp. He's safe though, and was always going to make this team (his contract extension assured that) -- but if he's able to contribute at WR, it means bad things for 7-11's chances of being on the final roster.

What about Goodwin? And i am also hearing about Deonte Thompson in this camp

I hate to say it, but are you sure he's still #2 on the depth chart if he's injured for a few weeks. He's missed substantial time each year since 2011, his YPC have dropped and he doesn't do special teams. Will it hurt that much to have him sit until he's fully healed?

Nothing to hate my man. If someone surpasses him what does that say about the next man up.im hearing Williams is raw but full of potential. The guy from EMU is camp fodder. Thigpen no thanks. Dixon Hurt. Brown.... is just brown. If its not williams then its Fred i think... and if William becomes a contributor. What does that say about the potential of Whaleys first and second draft?

@JoeBuscaglia

That Tyrod Taylor guy is doing pretty well. That, and 6 other observations from today's #Bills practice: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/7-bills-training-camp-observations-day-7

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: Who will be the #Bills' QB? Our Day Seven report from St. John Fisher http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/07/who-will-be-the-bills-qb-our-day-seven-report/