Bills training camp practice 8/7

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely yeah. It sounds like he's been the best of the bunch the last week or so. Why, have you heard otherwise? Couple that with the fact that he's the most unknown of the three and he has, from all accounts, uncanny scrambling abilities, he definitely makes for the most intriguing story. Hence the raised eyebrows.

He's been the most surprising of the bunch the last week. Meh has been what I hoped he would be and EJ sounds like he's starting to come along. TT is definitely going to give EJ a run for the starting spot at this point. He's had highs and mediums compared to EJ's highs and lows.

Is that...KP? :o

Damn Terry you done good

You know when a chick throws on a t-shirt and shorts and you wanna nail her even more that she's hot.

Terry is a lucky dog.

Hogan has been a very strong special teamer for us, is one of the better athletes and route runners on the team, and is coming off a very productive growth year where he really turned a corner. He may also be the hardest worker at his position group. It's hard to envision a scenario in which his roster spot is in any sort of jeopardy. Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Hogan, and Easley are all roster locks. Goodwin and Thigpen are likely battling against each other, and other position groups, to justify their spot as a 6th wideout/kick returner. Goodwin's injury history and his current injury, as well as Thigpen's positional versatility, probably aren't helping him.

We disagree that Hogan is a good route runner -- he consistently showed a stunning lack of field awareness last year, coming up short of the marker on many occasions. But I don't think Hogan is a terrible player, he's just not nearly in the same class as Goodwin, presuming Goodwin stays healthy. That of course is the rub. But it is just an opinion, I could be way off the mark.

I do think there are plenty of scenarios where they keep 6 WRs, with Hogan being one. I just think it's possible they only keep 5 if Easely proves himself to be capable at the position and Goodwin makes it through camp unscathed. Two admittedly big "ifs".

There is none. Hogan is on the team

Well, yes. He's on the team today. We'll find out if he's on the final roster soon enough.

Be careful. Merely repeating what all the beat reporters are saying could be interpreted as an anti-EJ post. You will also elicit at least one "yeah well Joe Buscaglia is a hack/never played football" response from your post as well. Fair warning.

Look, I've been a staunch EJ supporter. I think he might win it out.

But at this point, going off of the reports of many of our own visitors, and Rex's comments and what all the biggest local beat writers have written (Fairburn, Sal and Joe) Tyrod has looked very good overall and has looked good the last three days. He's young, under contract after this year and has an upside as a mobile QB. If he is our best qb I will not be sad.

But EJ also seems to be improving and coming along.

At this point, just not Cassel. He's not even accurate at short range never mind medium or long and he has no mobility and he's not under contract so if he wins we likely sign another Fitz like contract. No thanks.

We disagree that Hogan is a good route runner -- he consistently showed a stunning lack of field awareness last year, coming up short of the marker on many occasions. But I don't think Hogan is a terrible player, he's just not nearly in the same class as Goodwin, presuming Goodwin stays healthy. That of course is the rub. But it is just an opinion, I could be way off the mark.

I do think there are plenty of scenarios where they keep 6 WRs, with Hogan being one. I just think it's possible they only keep 5 if Easely proves himself to be capable at the position and Goodwin makes it through camp unscathed. Two admittedly big "ifs".

Being a good route runner is not the same thing as marker awareness. His routes are crisp, and he makes his cuts well, which is why he's open so frequently. He may well have run a few 7 yard outs when an 8 yard out was required for the first down, but that's coachable; and the routes he ran were very crisp.

Crazy that NFL network is airing the Brown vs Orange scrimmage at Browns camp...

Neither of their QBs pulled it down to run in 7 on 7 s. No balls hitting the ground, and yes McCown looks better than Cassell in practice.

Being a good route runner is not the same thing as marker awareness. His routes are crisp, and he makes his cuts well, which is why he's open so frequently. He may well have run a few 7 yard outs when an 8 yard out was required for the first down, but that's coachable; and the routes he ran were very crisp.

I disagree with this......being a good route runner and knowing where the marker is are totally the same thing.

@JohnMurphyShow

We're on the air live 7-9pm from #Bills Training Camp. GM Doug Whaley on with us at the top of the hour.

CL11FelVEAAKM5q.jpg

Watch: Friday's Highlights and Injury Updates (3:27)
John Murphy recaps all of the news and notes from Friday at St. John Fisher College, including an injury update, a look ahead at Saturday's scrimmage, and all of the top plays of the day.