GOP DEBATES

The flat tax is idiotic

How so? Is it not fair? Can you imagine a tax system that taxes everyone at the same rate and an environment where taxes can only be raised or lowered on all at the same time? Can you not see the wisdom in a system like that which removes the political bias in today's tax code which picks winners and losers based on winning votes? One that gives everyone similar skin in the game? Ever wonder how the Bush tax cuts got passed as taxation for all was reduced by similar amounts?

My takeaway thus far is that Megyn Kelly is suitable for sexual activity.

Yes, and if you caught the earlier debate - Martha is no slouch.

Debbie Wasserman Schulz is one harsh looking woman. But I suppose spending the last 6 years going on always being so negative takes its toll.

She is a hideous human being inside and out.

Huck connects well with people. Too bad his social stances are a non starter for the general electorate

I miss Huckabee. Like him a lot. He got stronger and stronger in '08 as the campaign endured.

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My takeaway thus far is that Megyn Kelly is suitable for sexual activity.

She looked highly !@#$able in that little black dress.

Despite the chickenhawking and bible-thumping, Cruz came out and impressed me last night. Kasich was good, though I don't like him politically. Carson is sensible as hell, and brilliant. Rubio was impressive as well.

Not impressed with: Jeb (no surprises there), Christie (when you lean that much on sophistry and sentimentalism, you look like an asshat), Trump (needs moar insults).

Like others have said, Fiorina was killing it out there in the early debate. Nobody else looked like they belonged on stage.

When did the word debate come to mean a series of 1 minute commercials for each candidate lasting a couple of hours?

Trump - absolute joke of a person and candidate

Bush - doesn't matter, Clinton's will go 2 - 0 against Bush's

Rand Paul - came off like an aggressive douche

Carson - smart guy that shouldn't be leading the country

Rubio - might have a decent shot at winning

Guy from Ohio - waste of a panel spot, guess it was in hopes to get the home crowd fired up

Christie - passionate, but no chance of winning

Walker - seems like the new Palin, except not attractive. There's a difference between state politics and federal

Huckster - lot of ideals, not a lot of realistic substance

Cruz - lukewarm

Granted I only watched an hour and a half, so if anyone brought it on home at the end, I wasn't awake to see it.

I almost thought Kasich was a liberal! Expanded Medicare under Obamacare, talked about togetherness like Obama did so much, and wants to take care of the poor.

liberals have been telling me for a couple of years now how great Kasich is.

so that's one candidate I already scratched off the list before all of this began

i did enjoy when he begged Donald for money, though

liberals have been telling me for a couple of years now how great Kasich is.

so that's one candidate I already scratched off the list before all of this began

i did enjoy when he begged Donald for money, though

God forbid that someone who has a successful executive track record in the state of Ohio who helped balance the budget when he was in congress has an appeal to those in the opposing party.

The horror!

Wow. You really hate black people. But then again, you're a Democrat, so I repeat myself.

Being a left wing bot I'm sure he gleefully endorses abortion. In turn that makes him the worst kind of racist. Hitler level racist.

But basic logic like this doesn't apply to the delusional brainwashed left wing.

"On average, 1,876 black babies are aborted every day in the United States." Over 16 million since 1973

http://www.blackgenocide.org/black.html

Wacko defending wacko. How many black employees do you have? Lol

In accordance with progressive thinking for the past eight years, if you disagree with one black person, you disagree with all black people, and therefore you are a racist.

So I was just surprised to find you hating Carson and being a racist. Very disappointing. You need to apologize to Carson and say twelve Hail Sharptons.

I think that's the progressive penance these days, right?

In accordance with progressive thinking for the past eight years, if you disagree with one black person, you disagree with all black people, and therefore you are a racist.

So I was just surprised to find you hating Carson and being a racist. Very disappointing. You need to apologize to Carson and say twelve Hail Sharptons.

I think that's the progressive penance these days, right?

Zero?

Zero?

Zero Hail Sharptons? For hating blacks? That doesn't sound right.

Oh, maybe it's different for liberals. Do you get grandfathered in because you have roots tied to slave owners, or do you just get a pass for pledging your allegiance to the party of slave labor?

God forbid that someone who has a successful executive track record in the state of Ohio who helped balance the budget when he was in congress has an appeal to those in the opposing party.

The horror!

Well, I knew you would like him. Who are your other favorites - Jeb, Rubio, and Christie?

My top 4 as of right now are Trump, Cruz, Fiorina, Carson

Fiorina will probably join the top 10. She'll stay in my good graces if she doesn't play the sexist card against Trump (or any candidate, really).

Trump's presence has been helpful to the republican cause in that he's shown that people will react positively if you set political correctness aside and just say what you think. In my opinion, he needed to do more than that last night - he needed to start offering specifics, to show that he has the ability to be a true statesman, but he left a lot of people questioning his ability to do so.

The candidates that impressed me the most with their performances last night were Huckabee, Cruz, and Christie. I think Huck was the strongest of the 'classic' Reagan-style conservatives. Christie is more moderate than I normally like, but when you consider how heavily democrat New Jersey is, I think it's to his credit that he can maintain his governorship. I also like his brashness & lack of concern for PC dialogue. Cruz is sharp as a razor, and despite his somewhat sanctimonious delivery, comes off as being very sincere.

I've always liked Kasich, going back to '94. There are qualities I like about everyone that was on that stage last night, and I would vote for any one of them before I'd vote for any of the 5 democrat hopefuls.