Worried about a meeting at work this morning

Good Luck CBF

oops too late but better later than never

Glad it worked out well, CBF.

BTW Nanker helped me with the size issue.

ponder that fella's

shite happens when you get older and rely on an income to sustain a home and pay bills.

nothing wrong will a little emotion

I would tend to agree if this is a retail position but if someone is in a professional career and they cry before a meeting that unfortunately demonstrates weak management and poor hiring choices.No organization could possibly be successful with employees like that.

Edited by Very wide right

Crying? No offense but you work with some weak individuals.If I was in charge and I saw people crying those people would be gone.You cannot be successful with weak minded people on the payroll.Is this a retail store?

Those same crying people would be the ones kicking your ass in the parking lot

Peoples livelihood is no joke.....not sure if your joking or not

Crying? No offense but you work with some weak individuals.If I was in charge and I saw people crying those people would be gone.You cannot be successful with weak minded people on the payroll.Is this a retail store?

No we work in finance for a huge plumbing and heating product distributor

Those same crying people would be the ones kicking your ass in the parking lot

Peoples livelihood is no joke.....not sure if your joking or not

Thanks for your understanding man

I agree with you. Many people in my department have a mortage and loans etc...not to mention me who my wife and I are possibly expecting our 2nd child

CBF

Stay classy!! :thumbsup:

Ohhh rah.

I cry very easily...granted I am not management nor do I ever aspire to it, and have never cried over work related issues.

I would tend to agree if this is a retail position but if someone is in a professional career and they cry before a meeting that unfortunately demonstrates weak management and poor hiring choices.No organization could possibly be successful with employees like that.

Stay classy!! :thumbsup:

Ohhh rah.

LOL, Gugny you apparently don't understand that a business leader either answers to stock holders or their own livelihood depends on employee performance.I don't know if you ever worked in a professional environment but employees that cry in the workplace are not in demand.A CEO or business manager wouldn't be worth much if they allowed a person like this to stay on the payroll.This would not make them without class just smart and effective.

LOL, Gugny you apparently don't understand that a business leader either answers to stock holders or their own livelihood depends on employee performance.I don't know if you ever worked in a professional environment but employees that cry in the workplace are not in demand.A CEO or business manager wouldn't be worth much if they allowed a person like this to stay on the payroll.This would not make them without class just smart and effective.

These arent managers or business leaders they are just account representatives

and its not like they were crying out loud and hysterical they just were scared and had tears coming down their face while they sat at the desk for an hour until the meeting started

CBF

I think it's abundantly clear that only one of us has a general lack of understanding, my friend.

Do you feel that you suffer losses in that business from the big box stores like Home depot? I knew a man that owned an electrical supply firm that was actually put under when Home depot arrived in town.

Thanks for your understanding man

I agree with you. Many people in my department have a mortage and loans etc...not to mention me who my wife and I are possibly expecting our 2nd child

CBF

Some people just dont have that filter.....

You're the worst.

These arent managers or business leaders they are just account representatives

and its not like they were crying out loud and hysterical they just were scared and had tears coming down their face while they sat at the desk for an hour until the meeting started

CBF

Don't pay him any mind, CBF, he's only here to troll Bills fans. Glad to hear things shook out okay in the end. :beer:

coincidentally, again...that movie always makes me cry, especially when that kid grows up and is at the HoF representing his Mom. I am a real softy

I believe that makes you human, Pooj. That movie has a few scenes that can trigger me, the HoF scene being one of them. :beer:

coincidentally, again...that movie always makes me cry, especially when that kid grows up and is at the HoF representing his Mom. I am a real softy

I cry at most Criminal Minds episodes, for Christ's sake. Even the occasional commercial.

I'm going to show this to some of the writers, you'll make their day.

Cool. I'm not even kidding. I've been watching the show since season 1 and the backstories of the characters are emotional in most episodes. Best show on TV, in my opinion, hands down.

that show rubs me the wrong way...the robotic speech patterns of all the non "un-subs" really annoys me...and the fact that they use "un-sub" just about every other word....AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Cool. I'm not even kidding. I've been watching the show since season 1 and the backstories of the characters are emotional in most episodes. Best show on TV, in my opinion, hands down.

Some of the best people working on and around the show too. The showrunner there is one of my favorite people on the planet. She rocks.

that show rubs me the wrong way...the robotic speech patterns of all the non "un-subs" really annoys me...and the fact that they use "un-sub" just about every other word....AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

I have a few UNSUB sweatshirts and t-shirts that I wear to work out. When I was back home recently, not really thinking about it, I wore one into a Dibella's Sub shop. The people working behind the counter were VERY amused by my shirt, thinking it had to do with sandwiches.

You are a stunning moron.

to the unemployment office!

product got shipped by one of my crew to the customer that wasn't finished, despite having a label and being signed off that it is ready for shipment. it wasn't. took a major hit in our %. corporate said terminate who ever runs that shift. i mean, we will probably lose the contract for Caterpillar now ($15-20k a day)... so I guess they're mad. But, the product came to our department with a label certifying it ready to ship.

i've had **** luck for jobs. i actually liked this one, too.

Edited by jboyst62

product got shipped by one of my crew to the customer that wasn't finished, despite having a label and being signed off that it is ready for shipment. it wasn't. took a major hit in our %. corporate said terminate who ever runs that shift. i mean, we will probably lose the contract for Caterpillar now ($15-20k a day)... so I guess they're mad. But, the product came to our department with a label certifying it ready to ship.

Yeah tough. What were you making for CAT? Was it so bad that they got bent? Safety issue on the CAT end of the line?

Hope you weren't posting while you should have been checking? ;-P ;-P ;-P

20k a day is only under a million a month. I still can't picture me sinking a barge and blocking the channel for a month and costing 10 million in lost economic value. I wonder what they would do? "Oops I am sorry might work in my case." LoL... Too bad you can't be put on "double secret probation."

Good luck... You seem like the type that can bounce back! ;-) ;-)

Oh... CBF, good news! Glad to hear all is okay!

Yeah tough. What were you making for CAT? Was it so bad that they got bent? Safety issue on the CAT end of the line?

Hope you weren't posting while you should have been checking? ;-P ;-P ;-P

20k a day is only under a million a month. I still can't picture me sinking a barge and blocking the channel for a month and costing 10 million in lost economic value. I wonder what they would do? "Oops I am sorry might work in my case." LoL... Too bad you can't be put on "double secret probation."

Good luck... You seem like the type that can bounce back! ;-) ;-)

Oh... CBF, good news! Glad to hear all is okay!

We fabricated parts from raw metal to finished products ready for assembly. Every piece that is rejected for quality, overshipment, undershipment, etc is a metric hit. This was 300 pcs for quality, a hit that is bigger then standard shipping or packaging. Therefore, it was a huge hit.

I'm going to show this to some of the writers, you'll make their day.

Make sure you let them know that English is Gugny's second language.

Sorry to hear that JB. VWR is sending positive thoughts your way.

Thanks for all the support guys! Well most of you anyway lol

CBF

You got my many positive thought CBF! But I am a little concerned that you guys were moved from a higher floor to a ground floor. Closer to the door? WTF is up w/that... LoL

JUST KIDDING. DO NOT mention that to the worry worts in the department... They will way over analyze it. ;-) ;-) ;-)

I am shocked VWR didn't mention that subtle little "business tactic."

You got my many positive thought CBF! But I am a little concerned that you guys were moved from a higher floor to a ground floor. Closer to the door? WTF is up w/that... LoL

JUST KIDDING. DO NOT mention that to the worry worts in the department... They will way over analyze it. ;-) ;-) ;-)

I am shocked VWR didn't mention that subtle little "business tactic."

Oh I'm sure he though of it

And we are being moved to a new renovated private area since we deal with a lot of secure and private information

CBF

Thanks again everyone I really appreciate all of your support

You are all like family to me

Except TRBJ he was adopted

CBF

Canada is a communist country right. You would have been ok either way.

I dont get the crying part.

Sucks Jb.

Maybe you ought to stop playing games on your phone and you'll keep your jobs. You should try that.

couldn't find the "What did you do today thread".

after 4 months on unemployed I finally got back to work Yesterday on contract for a company I got laid off from 2 1/2 years ago.

Should be set until through Feb 2016, maybe longer. Really hoping for temp to perm.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

couldn't find the "What did you do today thread".

after 4 months on unemployed I finally got back to work Yesterday on contract for a company I got laid off from 2 1/2 years ago.

Should be set until through Feb 2016, maybe longer. Really hoping for temp to perm.

If you don't mind me asking (don't have to answer)... Do they pay you more or less than before?

Not trying to be rude or too forward, just curious... They lay off and then hire back? I do understand the economy and market ebbs and flows, but I wonder what the end result/bottom line is. My guess is they want no strings attached.

The world's is a sucky, unloyal place. :-( Hope it works out in YOUR favor!

If you don't mind me asking (don't have to answer)... Do they pay you more or less than before?

Not trying to be rude or too forward, just curious... They lay off and then hire back? I do understand the economy and market ebbs and flows, but I wonder what the end result/bottom line is. My guess is they want no strings attached.

The world's is a sucky, unloyal place. :-( Hope it works out in YOUR favor!

On contract more. by at least $10/per hour. No benefits, no health care, no 401K.

They laid off because they were not bringing new work orders. Things have picked up and if it continues they may and I say may hire people back.

I know of 1 young guy they hired back a few months ago I believe full time. I've run into a few people who are very happy to see me back and would give me props later when the time comes.

and thanks

Canada is a communist country right. You would have been ok either way.

I dont get the crying part.

Sucks Jb.

Maybe you ought to stop playing games on your phone and you'll keep your jobs. You should try that.

haha. I only play at night a few minutes before bed

I just use cheats.

If they've put a consultant over your group to make your group more efficient (not sure if I read your post right) cooperate with that person in every way available. Maybe they are just after efficiencies but having been brought in they already have managements ear, so at least they report back your value to your position.

I deal with engagement managers all the time so I know a bit on how they operate.

VWR...you are indeed an idiot. Tom, check's in the mail.

Edited by Kevbeau