Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, this is a damning aspect and worth the consideration Goodell place upon it.

GO BILLS!!!

It's simply incredible that whom I imagine to be rational thinking people can look at the totality of what has happened at every single solitary turn and still defend them.

After that happened legal analysts all seemed to agree that there was no question these guys signed some non disclosure agreement and that they wouldn't be able to talk to anyone about it or they would be sued by the Patriots and neither could afford that.

Yep. They could be called to testify, but I don't think that will ever happen.

Has everyone suddenly forgotten the study about the Pats** fumble rate over the past dozen or so years? Come on, people, they've been doing this forever and finally got caught. It does make a difference, and it is a competitive advantage.

And Brady* is a damned liar and a cheat.

:worthy: :worthy:

I guess this is why his legacy will be tarnished, regardless.

How much of his success can we attribute to cheating? It's hard to say, exactly. But cheating or not, the way he executes his position tells me cheating has less to do with it than many want to believe. He's a great QB, regardless. And I think he deserves to be a first ballot HOFer.

But as I said, the election process is nothing if not political, so it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't, either.

GO BILLS!!!

Unless he knows what to execute at what time knowing which formation the defense is going to use to counter it, ow wait, they already got punished for that offence.

Between all 4 Superbowls they got caught cheating 2 times, that lifts the whole thing to the founded suspicion of them having a cheating culture instead of these instances being slips. In any sports at the level of which the NFL is conducted small percentage advantages lead to big results since the competition is so close to each other. The whole illegal formation thing was certainly a very gray thing as well.

Schefter has been whining for 20 minutes on our local show about the decision. It's disgusting. Don Yee must be his agent too.

Has he said anything interesting?

He's a Brady fan and probably hears bad things about the NFL, considering the connections he has, so I'm not surprised by which side he's taking.

No. You've mentioned Tuel and JP. There are MANY QB echelons between Tuel/JP and Brady. What about guys like Carson Palmer? What about Big Ben? What about Eli? Cam Newton? ANDY DALTON? Might any of them be "Bradyesque" with the advantages Tom Tom has enjoyed?

the probability is high

Has he said anything interesting?

He's a Brady fan and probably hears bad things about the NFL, considering the connections he has, so I'm not surprised by which side he's taking.

nothing new. He's conveniently leaving out a lot and focusing on the angle the big bad NFL is out to get Brady and they are ruining all these relationships (Kraft) over a few PSI. Wake up Schefty. It's not about the PSI anymore!! It's about continuous cheating and lying about the cheating and not complying with the investigation! Edited by YoloinOhio

"Gamesmanship" derives from "gaming" - i.e., minor corner cuts that amount to minor cheating, more or less. So yes, I regard it as gamesmanship, not dissimilar to Jerry Rice's illegal use of stickum, Clay Bucholz using a foreign substance on his arm, etc. The number of the balls is irrelevant: if the tool you're using to "game" is on your body, then you can do it to every ball. If it's the ball itself you're using to "game," than you have to logically apply it to more than one. It's impossible to do that in MLB because they go through so many balls, so the "gaming" device is always in the possession of the player (foreign substance on body or bat that one owns).

So if I take your example and apply it to cycling for instance it would be "Gamemanship" if they added a powersource in their bicycle frames that would power the bikes or at least help out with the load?

Believe me, I'm not denying that the Pats acted in a suspicious way. I'm really just talking about the gamesmanship that goes on in the league. As my Pats fan friend said, the Falcons piping in noise equally violated the integrity of the game (if not more). They only suffered a $350K fine. But they didn't fight it, of course.

yet they were not sternly warned because of repeated violations

There's a reason why Johnny Unitas was a ninth round pick who got cut and JaMarcus Russell was a first overall pick, too.

I don't think Brady's draft position has anything to do with it. If one can't see his progression as a pro QB, what can I say? It can't all be attributed to cheating. A QB has to perform and execute his position, regardless. IMO, Brady is one of the best at doing this.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes the question though is how much can be attributed. Same as how many home runs can be attributed to PEDs for Bonds/McGwire etc. I've said before - the extension of Spygate to signals in helmet etc. would be so huge with regard to Disgraced QB Tom Brady's mastery of the QB position. If someone gets live on the field training in the QB position for years by getting the defensive calls in his helmet during games, there is no greater way to learn and master the position. How many QBs do we see come out of college that can 'make all the throws', but not 'master' the position? Even if the signals in the helmet eventually go away, you've been (illegally) trained in the position to succeed like no other (and as I've said this doesn't even consider other potential 'gamesmanship')

If he successfully drags this out and then retires to give Goodell a big F-U, I would hope the Commissioner would void all their wins this season and their last SB Championship as well.

!@#$ing Cheaters.

It's simply incredible that whom I imagine to be rational thinking people can look at the totality of what has happened at every single solitary turn and still defend them.

There were 40 people in the room at the appeal hearing, most of them lawyers. I think those 10 hours were spent culling out Brady's strategy moving forward as Goodell's report reads like a point by point counter argument. I don't think Kessler and Co. are as smart as they think they are and the NFLPA is just plain stupid, so I don't think they are rational in the least.

GO BILLS!!!

There were 40 people in the room at the appeal hearing, most of them lawyers. I think those 10 hours were spent culling out Brady's strategy moving forward as Goodell's report reads like a point by point counter argument. I don't think Kessler and Co. are as smart as they think they are and the NFLPA is just plain stupid, so I don't think they are rational in the least.

GO BILLS!!!

True. I wasn't really thinking about lawyers though. They don't care about the truth or what really happened. I'm just talking about rational people anywhere.

Unless he knows what to execute at what time knowing which formation the defense is going to use to counter it, ow wait, they already got punished for that offence.

Between all 4 Superbowls they got caught cheating 2 times, that lifts the whole thing to the founded suspicion of them having a cheating culture instead of these instances being slips. In any sports at the level of which the NFL is conducted small percentage advantages lead to big results since the competition is so close to each other. The whole illegal formation thing was certainly a very gray thing as well.

I agree with this as I stated earlier. I don't think Brady gets to his 6th Superbowl without those plays. As I said, it wasn't technically against the rules, but it violated the spirit of the rules and the NFL wasted no time in closing that loophole.

But Brady just does too many things too well for me to assume it's all because he cheats. It's just not that easy.

GO BILLS!!!