Tired of Deflategate

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see the NFL stand firm and keep the 4 games.

However, I suspect their real intention was to suspend for only 2 after a reduced penalty on appeal, hence the initial 4 game suspension.

We'll see how it plays out.

To the shock of absolutely no one.

However, I suspect their real intention was to suspend for only 2 after a reduced penalty on appeal, hence the initial 4 game suspension.

I feel that way too. I think they saw the firestorm coming and overpunished, expecting some resistance so all sides could save some face at the end of it.

I don't think he planned on the response being quite so insane and inane.

To the shock of absolutely no one.

I feel that way too. I think they saw the firestorm coming and overpunished, expecting some resistance so all sides could save some face at the end of it.

I don't think he planned on the response being quite so insane and inane.

Nice rhyme!

If they planned on reducing it they should have given him 8 IMO. Especially now that all of this, I don't think written vomit is strong enough, is coming out from the Pats** FO.

100% agreed. 2 games was the goal all the way. I just hope that none of the other sanctions are reduced, especially the 2 picks.

100% agreed. 2 games was the goal all the way. I just hope that none of the other sanctions are reduced, especially the 2 picks.

They can't appeal those I believe. That is not part of what the NFLPA is responsible for. Only player appeals.

@AlbertBreer: 3 keys in NFLPA's Brady statement: Call for neutral arbitrator; Use of the word "direct" in relation to evidence; The name "Troy Vincent".

Neutral arbitrator? Kind of like the guy that was hired by the NFL. Maybe they mean neutral as in a guy that the Pats** hire. Parity in the NFL appeals office is an issue I guess.

Kinda like Kraft's science expert that he funded for his company.

Edited by The Wiz

Neutral arbitrator? Kind of like the guy that was hired by the NFL. Maybe they mean neutral as in a guy that the Pats** hire. Parity in the NFL appeals office is an issue I guess.

I know...Goddell should ask a law firm, and independent one to review the evidence, conduct interviews and check the scientific merit of arguments. That way, not even the Patriots can complain.

...wait...whoops.

If they planned on reducing it they should have given him 8 IMO. Especially now that all of this, I don't think written vomit is strong enough, is coming out from the Pats** FO.

The obvious answer being they shouldn't issue punishment with a plan to reduce it as it only incentives drama and makes them look bad

Kinda like Kraft's science expert that he funded for his company.

Given the NFLs history with punishments and arbitration I blame him not 1 bit.

It'll be interesting to see who they select and if they give Brady's team access to the interviews and such behind the report- purely on an it's interesting watching the NFL operate level

Edited by NoSaint